Darius Bazely | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazely

I wish no I'll will toward the kid but the people in his camp are still lying about the situation. His coach who is actually a member of his inner circle that was hand picked to coach his team. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that but that is my memory. There have been multiple interviews were Bazely said he had never thought about doing this until his mother and "coach" among other in his camp came up with the idea. The decision has been made and it's over. I don't get why you lie about it still.

why cant people just agree there is merits to both sides of the argument and that we will never know?
I don't feel any ill will towards the kid. I feel badly for him in a lot of ways. The path through college was the easier path and this path has way more risk to it but involves getting some money right away which he family really wanted. In one article he talked about how he knew his family needed the money when he was very young (first entering high school) to have that put on you at such a young age sucks.

Who's to say that freshman Bazely would have been better than sophomore Brissett? I don't think he would be. I think we have enough depth this year, that the loss of Bazely won't hurt that much. Chemistry is as important as talent. Having all five starters back is something we haven't had in a long time. I could honestly care less that we lost Bazely.
Couldn't care less

Selflessness on the court is different than selflessness off. At least Dion showed up and played hard and to win.

Bringing up Waiters as an example of selflessness is about the equivalent of bringing up Trump as an example for marital fidelity.

Who's to say that freshman Bazely would have been better than sophomore Brissett? I don't think he would be. I think we have enough depth this year, that the loss of Bazely won't hurt that much. Chemistry is as important as talent. Having all five starters back is something we haven't had in a long time. I could honestly care less that we lost Bazely.

So you admit that you do care that we lost Bazely.

Bringing up Waiters as an example of selflessness is about the equivalent of bringing up Trump as an example for marital fidelity.
He wasnt brought up as an example of selflessness. He was brought up as a competitor and committed college athlete. Despite however some posters may twist it, dion showed up and put a 30+ win team on the floor that lost in one of the most painful SU defeats in recent memory.

I don't feel any ill will towards the kid. I feel badly for him in a lot of ways. The path through college was the easier path and this path has way more risk to it but involves getting some money right away which he family really wanted. In one article he talked about how he knew his family needed the money when he was very young (first entering high school) to have that put on you at such a young age sucks.

It does suck, no doubt about it. And who knows how strong his support system is. I faced similar/same starting in the 7th, 8th grade and was steered towards excelling academically and all around scholastically (my athletic ability wasn't going to get me anywhere other than D3 in Football - I played Football and Basketball all throughout) to get scholarship money to college.

Wound up at Syracuse in large part because the cost (all in loans) to me after grants and scholarships was the same as a SUNY and my mother was adamant that I go away for 4 years rather than live at home which I was willing to.

Yada, yada, yada, though I didn't study and apply myself during undergrad as much as I could have (was having too much fun) and not wealthy by any stretch, I manage to do pretty well for myself.

As Don Draper said, "Everyone comes from somewhere."

Moreover, and I can't explain why, Bazely reminds me of a Chris McCullough. I wish both well; not a huge fan of either.

why cant people just agree there is merits to both sides of the argument and that we will never know?
because then it wouldn't be the syracusefan.com that we all know and love

Pretty soon they'll have to hide the sports forums because they'll be as offensive and crude as the Off-Topic political forum. ;)

so you do still care somewhat? I’m confused.
No, with Battle back and OB I think we'll be fine. The only position I have concern about i the center position. If Sidibe can remain healthy, we'll be fine. Bazely who?

Don’t we still?

Sure, and so do some even weaker teams. However it's clear to many that the chances would be greatly increased if we had DB, and we'd be talked about by the announcers and such about it as a team that wouldnt be a surprise to win it. To win it now would be a surprise to most, an epic "upset". Do you honestly think the Vegas odds to win it all would have been the same with DB? Those guys are a bit more serious than us with our own agendas and desired methods of expression. To them, it's about the bottom line, the truth, no time for BS. I'm not saying theyre always right(especially compared to the NFL), but they generally can give a more decent forecast than laypeople. No?

I wish the kid no ill will. Actually, I have a question...we have Boeheim's Army players who played for 1 year, but this could beat that. Would/will he be allowed to play if the TBT is still going on when he is ready to play? Am I the first person to ask this? :) Best wishes to the young man.

Family forever or not? This is like an abortion, at what point do you mopes consider him family? Not quite serious as an abortion, but for message board material, I consider it fairly serious by our usual standards. When is he viable? Who are you to decide on life or death/family or not anyhow? I mean, I never botthered to ask OttoInGrotto where he got the license to be arbiter of nicknames, but to me this is more serious. So 2 questions...what is your vote on family or not, and do you have any special authority to make your claim worth more than any other. Thanks

If their was merits to both sides how come no one has ever done this before?

Sure, and so do some even weaker teams. However it's clear to many that the chances would be greatly increased if we had DB, and we'd be talked about by the announcers and such about it as a team that wouldnt be a surprise to win it. To win it now would be a surprise to most, an epic "upset". Do you honestly think the Vegas odds to win it all would have been the same with DB? Those guys are a bit more serious than us with our own agendas and desired methods of expression. To them, it's about the bottom line, the truth, no time for BS. I'm not saying theyre always right(especially compared to the NFL), but they generally can give a more decent forecast than laypeople. No?

I wish the kid no ill will. Actually, I have a question...we have Boeheim's Army players who played for 1 year, but this could beat that. Would/will he be allowed to play if the TBT is still going on when he is ready to play? Am I the first person to ask this? :) Best wishes to the young man.

Family forever or not? This is like an abortion, at what point do you mopes consider him family? Not quite serious as an abortion, but for message board material, I consider it fairly serious by our usual standards. When is he viable? Who are you to decide on life or death/family or not anyhow? I mean, I never botthered to ask OttoInGrotto where he got the license to be arbiter of nicknames, but to me this is more serious. So 2 questions...what is your vote on family or not, and do you have any special authority to make your claim worth more than any other. Thanks

Baze is less fam than Taurean or Thorpe

ponder that

Many older stronger pros in g league fighting to make their bones. Bazley gonna get knocked around like a pinball. He will probably get his occasionally but overall he’s a boy playing with men

With Baz Osh Frank Tyus Chewy we had as good a chance as any team at winning it all.

Think Tyus comes back with Bazley? Or Dolezaj or Brissett? Assuming the team would have been the same as we currently have coming back + Bazley is assuming a lot, in my opinion.

Think Tyus comes back with Bazley? Or Dolezaj or Brissett? Assuming the team would have been the same as we currently have coming back + Bazley is assuming a lot, in my opinion.

It’s hard to say. I see both ways. Personally, I think that the team chemistry issues/potential problems were overblown and most likely bunk. I could see the current team realizing how talented Bazely is, knowing his game, and wanting to play with him. They know how juiced the fanbase was as well with his commitment and the good mojo brewing from that. Who knows.

If he doesn't have a great G league season I would guess it will hold off others from following in his footsteps if his stock tanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom