Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

Have you been to OTR lately? It’s amazing now. What a transformation.
I haven’t . I left Cincinnati in 2012 and haven’t been back since 2015. I haven’t seen the Clifton upgrade either. I will probably make it back down this summer, I’ve heard a lot has changed! When I first got there in 2007 it seemed completely different, so much has happened in such a short time.

Bazley, Moyer and Quade all on the 2018 roster!!!
cat.jpg
And I for one would be thrilled it happened.

And suddenly Moyer chooses to persue his academic career at Cincinatti

I haven’t . I left Cincinnati in 2012 and haven’t been back since 2015. I haven’t seen the Clifton upgrade either. I will probably make it back down this summer, I’ve heard a lot has changed! When I first got there in 2007 it seemed completely different, so much has happened in such a short time.

Yup! Yeah Clifton has blown up and the Oakley area too. MadTree is worth checking out in Oakley on Madison. Yeah, I lived there for year in 2008 and worked in OTR (Music Hall). Go there often now. It was so sketchy in and around that park across the street or around Findlay Market. That park is all cleaned up now, subterranean parking, and the streetcars are in all around OTR. Pretty cool.

Only caveat I'd provide, if we released him, would be the following:

Should Syracuse play against Bazley's team, and because that team will obviously play rugged/rough/NBA type M2M defense, he has to defend Oshae Brissett all game. No switching off him after he dominates you.. take it like a man.

Yup! Yeah Clifton has blown up and the Oakley area too. MadTree is worth checking out in Oakley on Madison. Yeah, I lived there for year in 2008 and worked in OTR (Music Hall). Go there often now. It was so sketchy in and around that park across the street or around Findlay Market. That park is all cleaned up now, subterranean parking, and the streetcars are in all around OTR. Pretty cool.
I’ll have to check it out. Cincy was always such a cool place if you could deal with the fact that next to every nice street was a sketchy area.

Bad look for us if we don’t
There's a lot of bad looks here. None of them are on SU. We built our 18 front line roster on this kid. If he wants to play in Sioux Falls, good riddance (we all knew it was stupid). If he's trying to get out of his LOI so he can switch schools, I call BS> NFW.

Last edited:
Only caveat I'd provide, if we released him, would be the following:

Should Syracuse play against Bazley's team, and because that team will obviously play rugged/rough/NBA type M2M defense, he has to defend Oshae Brissett all game. No switching off him after he dominates you.. take it like a man.

Doubtful we play Cinci next season.

Baze gets to play Memphis, Tulane, SMU, and UConn.

Which isn't much better than Reno, Ft Wayne, Sioux Falls, and Rio Grande Valley.

I’ll have to check it out. Cincy was always such a cool place if you could deal with the fact that next to every nice street was a sketchy area.

Yup, ha. OTR is crazy now. Prices are getting nuts for real estate. Cincy is sort of a gateway to the south as well. It’s so different from up here in Cleveland despite being not even 4 hours away. Great place.

I think one of the better points i read about the g league decision was why would any franchise take him in, train him for a year, but then have no guarantee or even an advantage in drafting him? Wouldnt you want to develop someone else with more long term certainty. I wonder if hes running into issues finding g league teams interested...

Doubtful we play Cinci next season.

Baze gets to play Memphis, Tulane, SMU, and UConn.

Which isn't much better than Reno, Ft Wayne, Sioux Falls, and Rio Grande Valley.
Maybe he isn’t ready to play against Duke, North Carolina etc.

He’s been playing at Princeton High not Oak Hill Academy.

He’s the one who at least seems unsure about himself.

Just like Pitt refused to let Bryce Golden out of his...

:rolleyes:
We didn't fire our coach. Everything's exactly the same at SU as when he signed his LOI. He and his handlers are the ones riding the roller coaster. No way he does us like that a second time. We took the high road the first time, but we'd be idiots to let him out of his LOI to switch schools.

Last edited:
Yup, ha. OTR is crazy now. Prices are getting nuts for real estate. Cincy is sort of a gateway to the south as well. It’s so different from up here in Cleveland despite being not even 4 hours away. Great place.

But that's a brutal 4 hour trek.

We didn't fire our coach. Everything's exactly the same at SU as when he signed his LOI. He and his handlers are the ones riding the roller coaster. No way he does us like that. We'd be idiots to let him out of his LOI.

Who's advising Bazley? Someone with Bazley's genuine best interests at heart needs to step in - I imagine that NBA front offices are taking note of this circus.

His answer makes no sense

I went and read the whole twitter thread. That guy is basically saying he hears that Bazely might back out of his decision to play in the G League and play college ball instead.

Then he goes on to say in a later tweet, that Syracuse already let him out of his LOI, that Bazely doesnt want to come back to Syracuse, and that he might want to go to Cincinnati instead.

Seems like a lot to know about a guy who hasnt decided for sure whether he wants to play in the G League or in college. Are we sure this person is reputable?

I'd like to see Bazely play for SU, but that tweet doesn't get my hopes up much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom