Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

I wouldn't let him out...period. I actually believe this chatter for some reason. He got bad advice and now is scared, well guess what if I am Boeheim there is no way I let him out of his commitment. No chance

I understand the feelings on this board about not wanting him to actually come to Cuse given what he did, if that's even a possibility. However, if he did and helps them win a NC, then hell ya I want him, and those feeling this way will be very happy he did too.

I understand the feelings on this board about not wanting him to actually come to Cuse given what he did, if that's even a possibility. However, if he did and helps them win a NC, then hell ya I want him, and those feeling this way will be very happy he did too.
Yup. You always take talent like this. Just have a team meeting to hash out any bad vibes and then attach an assistant to his hip all season.

I wouldn't let him out...period. I actually believe this chatter for some reason. He got bad advice and now is scared, well guess what if I am Boeheim there is no way I let him out of his commitment. No chance[/QUOTE]
What is the counter argument to letting him out? I can't think of why we would placate him at this point.

I’ll support however the coaches choose to handle this.

This is a much bigger deal, dont get me wrong, but it reminds me of the controversy around keeping Frank last year.

Everyone was saying he’s a cancer to chemistry, hurting the team etc. etc. and jb seemed to handle it masterfully.

Young man made mistakes and grew from them to be a leader on the court and in the locker room.

I don't think anyone would hold it against us to not let a player out of his LOI after all the nonsense and never before seen shenanigans that went down involving Bazley.

This isn't a JB retired and dude doesn't want to play for the new coach.

Wow...seems like his camp/family is a heavy influence over him if rumors are true he is now considering Cincinnati. I bet a bunch of them would’ve wanted to set up camp in Syracuse if he was coming here.

Just like Pitt refused to let Bryce Golden out of his...

:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if we offered Bryce Golden? We just had this kid on campus this past weekend. If so, I don't know how you can reneg on that to go back to kid, although talented, that has now backed out of two previous commitments. I think it's time to move on from DB.

What scares me most about him is his desire to get cash now, which you can't blame him for. But can you really trust that he won't take money from an agent behind the scenes while he's here that puts the program in jeopardy of another period of sanctions? Theres just too much going on here to go back down that road.

My concern is that he may have been released already when he opted for the G-League

I don't think anyone would hold it against us to not let a player out of his LOI after all the nonsense and never before seen shenanigans that went down involving Bazley.

This isn't a JB retired and dude doesn't want to play for the new coach.
Plus it could create a potential loop hole where a player could just declare for the g league and then have a “change of heart” to get out of his commitment to the original university .

if the kid wants to come back then he has a starting spot. if not who cares

/thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom