Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

I wonder if he signed scholarship papers and not an LOI?

I went and read the whole twitter thread. That guy is basically saying he hears that Bazely might back out of his decision to play in the G League and play college ball instead.

Then he goes on to say in a later tweet, that Syracuse already let him out of his LOI, that Bazely doesnt want to come back to Syracuse, and that he might want to go to Cincinnati instead.

Seems like a lot to know about a guy who hasnt decided for sure whether he wants to play in the G League or in college. Are we sure this person is reputable?

I'd like to see Bazely play for SU, but that tweet doesn't get my hopes up much.
All an elaborate set up that get out of his CUSE LOI

Can we at least get all of the roster drama out of the way within the first month of the off-season?

I went and read the whole twitter thread. That guy is basically saying he hears that Bazely might back out of his decision to play in the G League and play college ball instead.

Then he goes on to say in a later tweet, that Syracuse already let him out of his LOI, that Bazely doesnt want to come back to Syracuse, and that he might want to go to Cincinnati instead.

Seems like a lot to know about a guy who hasnt decided for sure whether he wants to play in the G League or in college. Are we sure this person is reputable?

I'd like to see Bazely play for SU, but that tweet doesn't get my hopes up much.
He reportedly signed an LOI and I'd be disappointed if we released him. We don't have to if he's playing for money. The LOI is meaningless if he doesn't attend an intercollegiate institution granting him financial aid. OTOH, if he's trying to manipulate the situation to switch schools, that's a different story entirely. In that case, he'd be adding insult to injury. Bailing on SU to slide into the G-L was bad enough. But using this as an excuse to switch schools - unthinkable. That's doing us twice. No way.

Last edited:
But we don't have to give him a release to play in the G-L. If he doesn't attend an intercollegiate institution and doesn't require financial aid, the LOI is meaningless. But if he's trying to use the situation to switch schools, he's adding insult to injury. No way should we allow that. Bailing to the G-L is bad enough. But switching schools would be unthinkable. That's doing us twice. No way.
Don’t think he cares about us, that much is obvious. I don’t fault kids for making their own decisions, but this kid is about to make Quade Green look like a saint

Unless we let him out of his NLI once he announced his G League intentions

I have to think the school has assurances that mr Baz would not be coming back to college and if he did he would honor his commitment to Cuse. otherwise its a crazy situation that Cuse finds itself in......again

Don’t think he cares about us, that much is obvious. I don’t fault kids for making their own decisions, but this kid is about to make Quade Green look like a saint
He's turned this process into a bad joke, I agree. But that doesn't mean we should help him make us look silly.

Last edited:
First of all, I believe whatever new options Bazley is supposedly considering involves money and being a professional, not heading to school. But if he is, looked at as a business problem and from a pure cost-benefit analysis vantage point, at this point you'd have to consider the kid a potential walking disaster area for the program- from many angles. This is a no brainer. Who needs him for the year he'd be here knowing there is a pretty good chance something could blow up on you even years after he is gone. This is what's known as long tail risk . . . who needs it.

Kid is a cancer. After the drama would you even enjoy watching him wear orange? You have to wonder if this would be a big negative for the team chemistry too. If Battle returns we have 6 of lasts years 7 from the sweet 16. Let him go.
There isn’t one person on this board that would take Bazley over Battle. If Tyus is back and Marek doesn’t stay in Europe, Bazley can do whatever he wante

But we don't have to give him a release to play in the G-L. If he doesn't attend an intercollegiate institution and doesn't require financial aid, the LOI is meaningless. But if he's trying to use the situation to switch schools, he's adding insult to injury. No way should we allow that. Bailing to the G-L is bad enough. But switching schools would be unthinkable. That's doing us twice. No way.

I have no idea what the logistics are here, or if Syracuse has any claim over Bazely. Im just relaying what that person on twitter was saying.

Personally, it smells fishy to me. That person has too much inside info, and I'm not inclined to believe any of it. If I had to bet, Id bet on Bazely playing in the G League next year.

Not letting him out of his LOI would make it seem like we are part of the circus
NOOO... 100x no. I mean, Red took the high road when he came up with his hair-brained G-L scheme. But HELPING him pi** in our face AGAIN (so he can use this situation to switch schools)? Wow. I would hope we had more pride and intelligence than that.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the logistics are here, or if Syracuse has any claim over Bazely. Im just relaying what that person on twitter was saying.

Personally, it smells fishy to me. That person has too much inside info, and I'm not inclined to believe any of it. If I had to bet, Id bet on Bazely playing in the G League next year.
I had heard that Bazley was reconsidering his decision and was very interested in going to Cincinnati a week ago. I dismissed it then, but it seems like it may have legs. I have no idea about the NLI situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom