Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

If we let him out of LOI that is dumb.
He screwed this staff.
Other kids change their minds with coaching changes.
There was none of that SU. Even if it was an assistant moving on okay.
Stud recruits don’t have to sign LOI they can file for aid.

Screw letting him go to Cincinnati. Enjoy the G League.
Bazley didn’t inform the staff before this decision to decommit. If he wanted out before fine but he has been unprofessional. I always support the players but not this crap.

I do hear what you're saying, but this choice of words is a little funny to me

If he tries to go to Cincy then this was some seriously orchestrated back room BS to get out of his LOI. IF this goes down i might be seriously done with college hoops. Loved the NBA playoffs this weekend...
No idea how college hoops will ever recover from the loss of Zepharus...

Sounds more like he is getting cold feet about going straight to the G league.

I do hear what you're saying, but this choice of words is a little funny to me
He didn’t tell the staff before telling Shams.
That is unprofessional.
Again I got no problem with him going pro or if he wanted to go to another school before announcing for the G-League.
He has strung the program.
That is unprofessional.

Just don’t sign the LOI tons of studs have done the sign financial aid papers over LOI.
Plus he can’t change now and want to go to another college.
I support players but this is crap I don’t.

If we let him out of LOI that is dumb.
He screwed this staff.
Other kids change their minds with coaching changes.
There was none of that SU. Even if it was an assistant moving on okay.
Stud recruits don’t have to sign LOI they can file for aid.

Screw letting him go to Cincinnati. Enjoy the G League.
Bazley didn’t inform the staff before this decision to decommit. If he wanted out before fine but he has been unprofessional. I always support the players but not this crap.
Totally agree.

That is unprofessional.
Again I got no problem with him going pro or if he wanted to go to another school before announcing for the G-League.
That is unprofessional.

Just don’t sign the LOI tons of studs have done the sign financial aid papers over LOI.

My point is he's not a professional.

Yet.

This is just funny to me now...

Feel like I’m at the drive-thru window waiting on my wife to make her order... tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...

Have the courage to make a difficult choice and stick w it young fella.

That is unprofessional.
That is unprofessional.

I missed the McDonald's game. Sorry if this has been discussed, I just started following this thread not too long ago, but did he specifically talk about going to Syracuse in any interviews at the McD's game. If he did, it was all an act, because he announced he wasn't coming to Syracuse the next day if I recall correctly.

My point is he's not a professional.

Yet.
I meant the adverb definition.
If you want the word to be classy fine.
I don’t mean as if he was a professional.
You can do conduct your business in a professional manner.
If Bazley wanted to go to Cincinnati a month ago I would have said let him go it’s his decision.
He didn’t inform the staff and declared for the G-League.
Thus we should let him go pro.
If he wants to go to college go play at a Junior college.

I missed the McDonald's game. Sorry if this has been discussed, I just started following this thread not too long ago, but did he specifically talk about going to Syracuse in any interviews at the McD's game. If he did, it was all an act, because he announced he wasn't coming to Syracuse the next day if I recall correctly.
Bazley talked to Zags about Syracuse McD ASG.
Darius Bazley talks Syracuse at McDonald’s All-American Game

Last edited:
I think it was November 8th. Before Thanksgiving last year. So he waits until April Fool's Day and picks the G-League, but that's a ruse too and now he wants to go to another school? lol. Why would we want to get ghosted twice?
Agreed I got no problem he isn’t coming here.
He made his decision.
Good luck as a pro I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Screw letting him play college basketball now though.

Bazley’s HS coach Steven Wright has his own agenda for sure
This guy? No wonder this thing went off the rails.

4e808c052b72e69f7c3c74c84b9952b7a59e88af.jpeg

Agreed I got no problem he isn’t coming here.
He made his decision.
Good luck as a pro I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Screw letting him play college basketball now though.
I wasn't keen on the G-League announcement, at all. He was committed all through the recruiting season - 5 months of it. The letter of intent is very clearly explained to recruits ... he was already committed and released from another LOI with a coaching change. He had a ceremony and made his decision - couldn't find a fault with anything about SU. He signed the letter and we counted on him in our recruiting. He was well aware of our commitment to him and led us down a path ... consistently talking to the press about SU, his role here, the chances for a great season, yada yada. Kids change their minds, ok. His decision to play semi-pro was ludicrous, but if he wants to play for pay, so be it. Now it seems like the G-L was an excuse to get out of his commitment and shop schools. Who knows what's behind this. But I think if he wants to play college ball, he should stick by his commitment just like Jason Hart did. We took the high road once. This time, we need to have a spine (even if he doesn't).

Darius Bazley talks Syracuse at McDonald’s All-American Game

Last edited:
Calling it now - he plays next season in Australia.

I wasn't keen on the G-League announcement, at all. He was committed all through the recruiting season - 5 months of it. We counted on him in our recruiting, and he led us down the path. Kids change their minds, ok. His decision to play semi-pro was ludicrous, but if he wants to play for pay, so be it. Now it seems like the G-L was an excuse to get out of his commitment and shop schools. Who knows what's behind this. But I think if he wants to play college ball, he should stick by his commitment just like Jason Hart did. We took the high road once. This time, we need to have a spine (even if he doesn't).
I am typically let the kid out as it will hurt future recruiting.
This case though it won’t. He made a name himself by declaring for the G League so if he wants to play college basketball play for us or don’t play.
He isn’t getting paid if he plays college ball.

He most certiantly can if the staff doesn’t want to deal with the bad pub of not releasing him. Public pressure is a biotch even if your in the right

you just said it. if the staff lets him otherwise he gets one year on the hill

If he tries to go to Cincy then this was some seriously orchestrated back room BS to get out of his LOI. IF this goes down i might be seriously done with college hoops. Loved the NBA playoffs this weekend...

no doubt, if he decides he wants to go to college, but doesn't contact our staff at all to gauge their interest, then this was all a ploy to get out of the LOI. if the kid loved SU and was actually sincere about the G league, then he would contact JB about coming back into the fold.

So all he had to do was call JB and ask to be released.
Instead he declared for the G League.
He doesn’t want to play for Syracuse.
Just come out and say that.

pretty sure he doesnt know what he wants to do by the hour. things change quickly. he may even decide he wants to play hockey next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom