Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

He's going to have a hard time trying to out jump these guys.
Kangaroo-Playing-Basketball--116855.jpg

Gotta wear these:

upload_2018-4-16_14-38-51.jpeg

Just when you thought this over. I was wondering why this thread had blown up today.

Reallllly curious what the media would say if staff didn’t release em. Jimmys pal Bilas is VERY vocal about it, albeit under very different circumstances (coach leaving etc.)

I would release him and be done with it for one big reason, recruiting. Wouldn't it be harder to get guys like Golden if we have Bazley on the fence? Time to move on and load up with guys that want to wear orange.

He most certiantly can if the staff doesn’t want to deal with the bad pub of not releasing him. Public pressure is a biotch even if your in the right

Reallllly curious what the media would say if staff didn’t release em. Jimmys pal Bilas is VERY vocal about it, albeit under very different circumstances (coach leaving etc.)
Who cares? We have been on probation twice. Our coach lost 100 wins. We went through the Bernie Fine fiasco. We can put up with this standing on our head. And we are right. Don't let him out of his LOI. And if we decide to let him out, put restrictions on where he can go. No Cinn. No ACC schools. You wanted to be a trail blazer, here you go.

If they’ve got a problem with it, they better be railing on about the concept of an LOI being completely pointless then. You can’t just sign to play somewhere, have it mean nothing, and just change your mind months after the date. Too late. Be a man and honor your commitment. Otherwise, go pro, play juco, or sit the year out.

Do we let him out of his LOI?
Did we already let him out of his LOI? is he going to the G-League or is he playing NCAA then is he playing at Syracuse?

Does he know Quade Green because this is just too much drama for me? Sign Golden and move on.

If they’ve got a problem with it, they better be railing on about the concept of an LOI being completely pointless then. You can’t just sign to play somewhere, have it mean nothing, and just change your mind months after the date. Too late. Be a man and honor your commitment. Otherwise, go pro, play juco, or sit the year out.
Exactly, this is the time for JB to say darius, we want you. And you made a commitment to us. You made one to Ohio St and didn't honor it. You made one to us and didn't honor it. You made one to the G league and now you don't want to honor that. That was all your decision. Well, I get to have a decision to. And mine is that if you want to play college hoop, you play it here. And there are worse things than playing for a team that can win the national championship. Welcome back with open arms. Or go turn pro. Your choice.

Who cares? We have been on probation twice. Our coach lost 100 wins. We went through the Bernie Fine fiasco. We can put up with this standing on our head. And we are right. Don't let him out of his LOI. And if we decide to let him out, put restrictions on where he can go. No Cinn. No ACC schools. You wanted to be a trail blazer, here you go.

Agreed. . If this kid is doing as is being reported, JB and Cuse have every right in my opinion and the obligation to hold him accountable. While these are young men who sometimes make irrational decisions, you should want and should expect them to treat the schools with a level of respect. This is not a normal decommitment. Syracuse needs to set an example and ensure that future recruited players have the right attitude and mindset.

Did we already let him out of his LOI? is he going to the G-League or is he playing NCAA then is he playing at Syracuse?

Does he know Quade Green because this is just too much drama for me? Sign Golden and move on.
If this is too much drama for you, sadly, you aren't cut out to be a Syracuse hoops fan. We call this the off season.

Exactly, this is the time for JB to say darius, we want you. And you made a commitment to us. You made one to Ohio St and didn't honor it. You made one to us and didn't honor it. You made one to the G league and now you don't want to honor that. That was all your decision. Well, I get to have a decision to. And mine is that if you want to play college hoop, you play it here. And there are worse things than playing for a team that can win the national championship. Welcome back with open arms. Or go turn pro. Your choice.
Yep. Couldn't have said it better.

Preaching to the choir with me lol but staff who knows what they think

I just think we should make him go pro.

It’s not fair to Golden/Braswell.
Bazley is a lottery pick next year but he doesn’t want to be here.

I think we should get one of Golden or Braswell hope Green transfers and Battle comes back.

I can’t foresee a roster with all 5 starters back and Bazley on the team next year.

My opinion is this kid wants to go someplace where everything is run his way and the team still has success. He wants to make the tournament and be the number one option at all times. He sure doesn't sound like a kid willing to share the spotlight with Brissett, Battle, Frank Howard or Carey. I suspect he would rather be on a good team averaging 20/10 than a Great team averaging 13/6.

I just think we should make him go pro.

It’s not fair to Golden/Braswell.
Bazley is a lottery pick next year but he doesn’t want to be here.

I think we should get one of Golden or Braswell hope Green transfers and Battle comes back.

I can’t foresee a roster with all 5 starters back and Bazley on the team next year.
There is only one way we can make him go pro. And that is by holding him to his LOI.

If this is too much drama for you, sadly, you aren't cut out to be a Syracuse hoops fan. We call this the off season.
I have been a Syracuse BB fan for over 50 years and I can not remember an offseason this complex in a long time with the Bazley situation, the Quade story, the Battle decision? Can you ? please don't mention the Hodge and Tobias situations?

My opinion is this kid wants to go someplace where everything is run his way and the team still has success. He wants to make the tournament and be the number one option at all times. He sure doesn't sound like a kid willing to share the spotlight with Brissett, Battle, Frank Howard or Carey. I suspect he would rather be on a good team averaging 20/10 than a Great team averaging 13/6.
If this is true the G League stuff makes no sense.
He got all the Pats on the back from people being a trailblazer.
His HS stats weren’t me first.
His game is to create for others over him scoring.
His game is unselfish.
I do think his team wants control over a program but he shouldn’t play college ball now.
This process does remind me of another guy who played at Cincinnati Lance Stephenson.

I have been a Syracuse BB fan for over 50 years and I can not remember an offseason this complex in a long time with the Beasley situation, the Quade story, the Battle decision? Can you ? please don't mention the Hodge and Tobias situations?
I have also been a fan for over 50 years. And sadly, this seems like a regular off season to me. There really is no Green story at this point. Just a rumor and not much follow up...yet. heck, this Bazley situation may not even be real. This is just one site saying these things.

His game is unselfish.
I do think his team wants control over a program but he shouldn’t play college ball now.
This process does remind me of another guy who played at Cincinnati Lance Stephenson.
I agree. I don't see him as a selfish player.

His game is unselfish.

Agreed.

Howard, Battle, and Carey are going to initiate the offense next year. It's not going to be initiated by Bazley. He would be a top option to go to, but moreso in a CJ Fair type role.

I have been a Syracuse BB fan for over 50 years and I can not remember an offseason this complex in a long time with the Bazley situation, the Quade story, the Battle decision? Can you ? please don't mention the Hodge and Tobias situations?
By the way, all of this swirl may be just that. Spinning that lead to nothing.

There is only one way we can make him go pro. And that is by holding him to his LOI.
We should and the only way I would take him back would be if Battle left then I would just play a 1 guard, 3 Forward, Center starting lineup.

I can't believe all the negatism here. Who knows what's going on in his mind and family. We all make wrong choices which affect others. I'd be thrilled to have him back. The team would be that much more special next season. Fans are very fickle sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom