Darius Bazley | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

No but similar size/skill/position to where Grant was 5 years ago entering the draft.

Yeah. But Grant got picked by a tanking Philly team which allowed him to get early minutes. OKC is a playoff team trying to win. Grant has gotten better every year and is coming off his best season, and age wise should be hitting his prime.

He seems a safe bet to get 30 mpg for the next few years at the minimum, regardless.

Yeah. But Grant got picked by a tanking Philly team which allowed him to get early minutes. OKC is a playoff team trying to win. Grant has gotten better every year and is coming off his best season, and age wise should be hitting his prime.

He seems a safe bet to get 30 mpg for the next few years at the minimum, regardless.
Agreed, I would be shocked if Bazley takes serious minutes from a guy who is a more polished and athletic version of himself. Maybe in a few years Bazley takes his spot but he is not the player that Grant has become at this point.

Agreed, I would be shocked if Bazley takes serious minutes from a guy who is a more polished and athletic version of himself. Maybe in a few years Bazley takes his spot but he is not the player that Grant has become at this point.

Yeah, no worries for Jerami at all this year. It's a potential pick -- the narrative will be he did the right thing. He will get some guaranteed money; time will tell how he does in the league. I give his agent and team a lot of credit, but no telling where he could have gone (higher or lower) if he played in college.

He'll be a sub in TBT as soon as this contract runs out. Peace out dummy.

Darius will end up getting his wish to play in the G League as he will most like do up spending most of his time down there as a designated player

I think Eli Wiesel said it best: "The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference".
I'm decidedly indifferent to Bazeley and what he does next in the league, his future, etc.
I don't hate the kid by any means, just could care less, once he didn't come to SU.

Definitely some odd takes on here and some very bitter people. Not sure how people cant see the talent/size and think he wasnt first round material. Has a lot of work ahead but kudos to him for taking a gamble that paid off...would of loved to see him play for us.

Most absurd thing I’ve ever heard

So sick of this narrative. It’s for nerds who never played the game. Why isn’t the same argument made about different offensive systems? It’s petty and super unoriginal at this point.

More players will be doing this. This is going to be a thing like once or twice a year now. In my opinion kind of crazy, because you only get one shot at playing this game in college. Playing this game in college is something unlike playing anywhere else. It’s something I would want to experience for sure no matter what status of player I was. But, some kids probably can’t imagine going to school for another year and want to get paid right away.

He screwed us big time and was rewarded for it.
Just a terrible take.
How he impacted SU had nothing to do with being taken in the 1st round.

Based upon what he did, he probably had zero interest in going to school, and would have negatively impacted the grad rate, and people would have been hating on him for that.

Just a terrible take.
How he impacted SU had nothing to do with being taken in the 1st round.

Based upon what he did, he probably had zero interest in going to school, and would have negatively impacted the grad rate, and people would have been hating on him for that.
Exactly. Everyone is acting like they know how this story plays out, when it is very early. I don't think being drafted at 23rd proves anything. He could have gone to Cuse, played well, and maybe cracked the Top 10. He could have gone to Cuse, played poorly, and dropped to the second round. He was always considered to be a NBA prospect. Clearly he trained enough, and did well enough in the combine, to keep himself relevant

Exactly. Everyone is acting like they know how this story plays out, when it is very early. I don't think being drafted at 23rd proves anything. He could have gone to Cuse, played well, and maybe cracked the Top 10. He could have gone to Cuse, played poorly, and dropped to the second round. He was always considered to be a NBA prospect. Clearly he trained enough, and did well enough in the combine, to keep himself relevant
I agree and said the same thing when he opted out of coming here. However there were many people on this board who said it was the biggest mistake of his life and he would never be heard from again, and that is obviously not the case. My point then and now is that college basketball is no longer the only route to the NBA, and IMHO it played a role in doing away with the one and done. In a way I applaud the kid - screw the faux emphasis on academics, I want to play ball, and that is what I am going to focus on.

He was projected to go in the 14-18 range and went 23. So he cost him self around 2m going to New Balance. I don't wish any ill will towards the kids but the idea that this shows he made the right decision cracks me up. I'm glad he got drafted and will make some money. I feel for these kids that are 18 years old and put in a position that it is very clear to them they need to get the money because they have siblings and parents living in poverty or near poverty.

He was projected to go in the 14-18 range and went 23. So he cost him self around 2m going to New Balance. I don't wish any ill will towards the kids but the idea that this shows he made the right decision cracks me up. I'm glad he got drafted and will make some money. I feel for these kids that are 18 years old and put in a position that it is very clear to them they need to get the money because they have siblings and parents living in poverty or near poverty.

Where and when was he projected 14-18?

Where and when was he projected 14-18?

Believe that was last year when he vaulted into the "top 10". With that said, he did well for a kid that took a year off essentially. He had great individual workouts and his measurables made him a nice long term project type pick for a team not clamoring for an immediate impact. Still, not a lottery pick, but just two years ago I'm not sure he was even a top 50 recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom