Darius Bazley | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

I have question. If we take the money out of it. Having to go to class but being able to party and have fun on a college campus while playing basketball and getting good exposure and being treated as I heard one person say like less than a god but more than a person. Or playing in the G league which is not glamorous. There was a post on twitter by Damon Stoudamire where he said that the thing he finds crazy is some of these kids have long odds to make the league and they would prefer the G league experience over a college experience. It blows my mind. What are your thoughts on that?
Personally, I’m with Stoudamire. But if that’s not for someone else, who am I to judge?

And you don’t have to even play in the G League (or overseas). You can work out on your own and let your potential do the talking.

He was projected to go in the 14-18 range and went 23. So he cost him self around 2m going to New Balance. I don't wish any ill will towards the kids but the idea that this shows he made the right decision cracks me up. I'm glad he got drafted and will make some money. I feel for these kids that are 18 years old and put in a position that it is very clear to them they need to get the money because they have siblings and parents living in poverty or near poverty.
Bol Bol was “projected” to go in the 14-18 range most recently as 5 minutes before the draft. How accurate are draft projections?

He was projected to go in the 14-18 range and went 23. So he cost him self around 2m going to New Balance. I don't wish any ill will towards the kids but the idea that this shows he made the right decision cracks me up. I'm glad he got drafted and will make some money. I feel for these kids that are 18 years old and put in a position that it is very clear to them they need to get the money because they have siblings and parents living in poverty or near poverty.
Reddish was projected top 3.

Spending a year at Duke cost him 7 spots and a lot of scratch.

I have question. If we take the money out of it. Having to go to class but being able to party and have fun on a college campus while playing basketball and getting good exposure and being treated as I heard one person say like less than a god but more than a person. Or playing in the G league which is not glamorous. There was a post on twitter by Damon Stoudamire where he said that the thing he finds crazy is some of these kids have long odds to make the league and they would prefer the G league experience over a college experience. It blows my mind. What are your thoughts on that?
Can't take the money out of it. That's the point.

bottom line. 1st round draft pick decommitted. never a good thing for a program.

I see Bazley had 7 points, 9 rebounds, and 6 assists the other day. On 2-8 shooting though.

Averaged 6.7 ppg on 33% shooting for the preseason. Couldn’t find assists/rebounds/minutes per game.

I see Bazley had 7 points, 9 rebounds, and 6 assists the other day. On 2-8 shooting though.

Averaged 6.7 ppg on 33% shooting for the preseason. Couldn’t find assists/rebounds/minutes per game.

Good for him. I don't think he is star quality but he does enough to hang around the league for a nice career.

4 games, 1 start
24.5 mpg
8.0 ppg
6.3 rpg
2.5 apg
1.0 spg
36.4% FG%
28.6% 3PFG%
50% FT%

Good for him. I don't think he is star quality but he does enough to hang around the league for a nice career.

Much like Jerami in Philly - I think Bazley is on the right team to possibly get some early PT.

4 games, 1 start
24.5 mpg
8.0 ppg
6.3 rpg
2.5 apg
1.0 spg
36.4% FG%
28.6% 3PFG%
50% FT%

The ppg/FG% stats I saw must have been missing a game.

Much like Jerami in Philly - I think Bazley is on the right team to possibly get some early PT.

The ppg/FG% stats I saw must have been missing a game.

He was also 4th on the team in preseason minutes (I’m sure they force fed him some) and 7th in ppg. I’m guessing he’ll be Gallinari’s back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom