David Aldridge has CJ leaving? | Syracusefan.com

David Aldridge has CJ leaving?

Mstumpy50

Scout Team
hmmmm

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/04/22/david-aldridges-big-board-small-forwards-2013-draft/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

After top two prospects, small forward crop has a big dropoff

Posted Apr 22, 2013 11:39 AM

This is not a year of clarity, or quality, for small forward Draft prospects.
There isn't a whole lot of depth at what normally is one of the deeper positions in the NBA Draft. Part of the reason is the evolution of the pro game. As it downsizes and gets smaller, the need/hope to get mismatches at the nominal power forward position has only grown. So players that may have had to adjust to playing small forward in the NBA may now be kept at the four.
For example, what position does Creighton junior Doug McDermott play in the NBA? A three? A four? Yes. If McDermott opts in, he will join at least a half-dozen other forward prospects who are hybrids, much like the 76ers' Thaddeus Young. Young's quickness and ability to run the court make him a more effective power forward, where he has advantages over many, than a small forward, where his inconsistent shot hinders him.
For now, since McDermott is still deciding, I'm not putting him on any Board. But if he does, I'm going to start him as a power forward and see how the two months before the Draft shake out. The same goes for Syracuse junior C.J. Fair, who has declared for the Draft.
As you know, in the past, we never included underclassmen on our Draft boards until they officially declared. But the "one-and-done" players and other early entries are almost always well known well now. So we list underclassmen that most NBA scouts and personnel people believe will enter the Draft, or those who are seriously considering entering the Draft.
We started with point guards two weeks ago, and will continue with small forwards, power forwards and centers after today, every other week, until Monday, May 20, just before the Lottery on May 21.

Jared E. Smith@JaredSmithCNY15m
@BrentAxeMedia David has been known to jump the gun on some things. Not saying he's wrong, but I am assuming he's assuming.

The fact that I haven't heard of him means he just sucks at life and should stop talking out of his ass!

David Aldridge said he is declaring and doesn't have him ranked in his top 10 small forwards of which he has 5 going in the 2nd round including James Southerland. Why wouldn't Aldridge rank him in the top 10 as he won't go undrafted.
edit: He is listing Fair as a PF which is completely stupid as if C.J. is going to play in the NBA it will be as a 3 and not a 4.

The fact that he says that Fair has declared for the draft (not that sources told him CJ will declare) leads me to believe he may be mixing Fair up with someone else... CJ Leslie perhaps?

The fact that he says that Fair has declared for the draft (not that sources told him CJ will declare) leads me to believe he may be mixing Fair up with someone else... CJ Leslie perhaps?

I just needed to point out your handle again...hahahahahaha!!

OK, I'm done.

That makes more sense per the article. Leslie is the type of player who previously may have had to adjust to the 3 in the NBA but now may fit as a 4. Fair is a couple inches shorter and less likely to be able to be 4 in the NBA than Leslie.

The fact that I haven't heard of him means he just sucks at life and should stop talking out of his ass!

The fact that you haven't heard of him means you've literally NEVER followed the NBA in any way, shape or form.

He's one of the most visible and best known reporters that exclusively covers the NBA - working for Turner (TNT/TBS) since 2004 and for ESPN for nearly a full decade prior to that.

All those credentials don't mean he can't make a mistake now and again... But your initial post was ridiculous and needed to be called out.

Theres alot of sportswriters out there that are anti syracuse.
He might be in the crowd that wants CJ to go because he doesn't want him on syracuse next year.

DA is one of the best NBA reporters out there he isn't Chris Broussard who uses himself as one of his own sources, but I would think that unless DA's agent is one that is representing Fair and that is how he got the leak that DA wouldn't be the guy to break this story. C.J. may declare but I don't think DA is 100% yet unless Fair hired his agent.

The fact that you haven't heard of him means you've literally NEVER followed the NBA in any way, shape or form.

He's one of the most visible and best known reporters that exclusively covers the NBA - working for Turner (TNT/TBS) since 2004 and for ESPN for nearly a full decade prior to that.

All those credentials don't mean he can't make a mistake now and again... But your initial post was ridiculous and needed to be called out.

Calm down there chief...meant to be taken as a joke.

Sort of like the post to like disparity to which some posters have low counts and claim to have good info and get bashed, it's kind of like that. Like saying those posters have no credentials.

Yeah I've never heard of him, I'll say that. But I do follow the nba, just not as close as I used too. The reason being is my Mavs aren't on tv much anymore, and Cuban needs to make changes in Dallas. Another reason being college has become more exciting to watch because I find it more competitive.

I also follow the Knicks, Thunder, Cavs, all the former SU players, and some other players one being Blatche. And I do watch the playoffs if its a good game.

Theres alot of sportswriters out there that are anti syracuse.
He might be in the crowd that wants CJ to go because he doesn't want him on syracuse next year.

Where did that come from?

The Mike Waters article says "David Aldridge...reported that Fair had declared for the draft". Then later Waters says that both reports might have been correct in the moment they were written. But how is Aldridges report correct? Doesn't declaring for the draft mean the official process of letting the NBA know you are in? Apparently CJ did not do that. It seems to me that Aldridge's report is flat out wrong. C'mon Waters, call a spade a spade.

we're fine either way. if he leaves xmas really steps up. grant is the best forward in the program since carmelo., some of the kids can play too. cj fair was a black hole.

Its possible its merely a typo, based on the context of the prior sentence (re Doug Mcdermott). I am thinking he meant to say CJ has not declared.

we're fine either way. if he leaves xmas really steps up. grant is the best forward in the program since carmelo., some of the kids can play too. cj fair was a black hole.

Dafaq?!?

The Mike Waters article says "David Aldridge...reported that Fair had declared for the draft". Then later Waters says that both reports might have been correct in the moment they were written. But how is Aldridges report correct? Doesn't declaring for the draft mean the official process of letting the NBA know you are in? Apparently CJ did not do that. It seems to me that Aldridge's report is flat out wrong. C'mon Waters, call a spade a spade.
Agreed...that's why I think that there is a miscommunication on Aldridge's side. He states it matter-of-factly that CJ declared. I think Waters read it wrong, interpreting Aldridge to mean CJ intends to declare. Either way, I think we are seeing some mistakes.

Wow I wouldn't trade Fair as a freshman for 2 Raks let alone as a senior. I like Grant a ton and think he is a stud but would prefer Fair pair with him next year. If CJ leaves I hope Ennis is working last minute angles with Wiggins because Roberson and Grant won't have much help at 3/4 from DC2 or Xmas (if he even returns). How can you hate CJ? Great program kid that develops year after year ala Damone Brown, Allen Griffin, and the list could go on and on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom