Day 4 - the reckoning | Syracusefan.com

Day 4 - the reckoning

I mean, what’s left now?

Everybody assumes Marek (Euro pro) and CDB (potato knees) are done here, since this woulda been their last year in any non-pandemic season anyway.

Griffin is gone.
Whether he likes it or not.

Woody is gone, and has been for months.

Seems more and more like Woody & Kadary have poisoned the well with Frank, so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he returns.
But not holding my breath.

(He’s got a clear shot at minutes, and possibly starting next year, but -
SHINY NEW THINGS!!!
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT!!!)

Need to Pound The Portal assuming Q won’t return.
Because he probably won’t.
But even if he does, it’s clear we’ll have an open scholarship (or five) available for him.

Guess we’re all waiting to hear what Chazz Owens decides?

Because that’s the hard-hitting info I come here for.

What a rollercoaster this week’s been

Have we ever had a year with so much turnover?

The sad thing is, is that I don't think any of the players were forced to leave (due to graduation). I surmise that we've never had such a year, and will never have another such a year ever again.

Syracusefan day 4

CDAEB006-54BA-474B-88C3-7161E1885657.gif

Just count on everyone being gone except Buddy, Joe and Jesse. I’m assuming Benny, Jimmy, and Symir are coming, but we need 2 more difference making players at wing and at guard.
this is where I’m at. I’m just expecting to be left with the definite 3 and Benny who is coming in. I will wait to make any more reactions until I see a final roster. Anyone that stays now is just icing on the cake I suppose. Kadary IMO was really the only one that we couldn’t lose. Now that, that shoe dropped. Anything after isnt as severe. Frank would hurt because of no depth behind Edwards. But I guess we will wait and see.

Between the one and dones and now the portal I have almost zero interest in college basketball. It’s pretty sad how the game has changed so much in the past decade or so. Having a team and watching players develop over years is not a thing anymore. I’m guessing this huge turnover is the new norm now. Money has ruined college basketball. They need to let the good players go to the nba and put back the development players into college. I’m okay with a lesser quality game if it means we can enjoy a team sport again.

The sun will come out tomorrow :)
Actually its raining here (Rochester) with snow in the forecast.

And SU is not alone in the turmoil, it has become a question who is not being impacted. Do you realize that if the portal is closing on 1400 entries that's probably more than an entire freshman class of players for D1 schools.

Wasn't that the forecast for Syracuse about 300 days out of the year? Lol. Can't say I miss living there.
Been gorgeous most of the past two weeks, but there’s always the straggler storm in spring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom