Day Seven Fall Football Practice: Friday 8/12/16 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Day Seven Fall Football Practice: Friday 8/12/16

We know
21f31af2b0c03fe650ae19f8cce43175.jpg

Sorry, man. You seem to not put a lot of value in words - which is a fine opinion. But it's not true for everyone and I'd imagine it's an important part of staff/player interaction...

Lol Babers had enough of the BS questions and peaced out...

What was asked at the end that made him want to peace out? I couldnt hear what he was saying.

They kept asking about captains and scholarships remaining and just kept rewording the question trying to make him answer differently, bringing up the way the old staff would do things.

Anyone know why the players dont wear those pads on their helmets like they did during last year's camp? Coach's decision?

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Babers: Syracuse freshman Moe Neal is still practicing in team periods exclusively at RB. Works w/ WRs to improve hands.

Syracuse CB Wayne Morgan was carted off w/ ice pack on arm. LB Shyheim Cullen and S Rodney Williams in street clothes after practice.

Babers didn't provide specifics on any of the injuries.

Babers will make decisions on captains if they have them. Seemed irked when asked about the process in reference to Shafer's voting system.

donniesyracuse said:
I think the clever word play would wear on me after awhile.[/QUOTE

You would live with it or you'd spend your college career on the pine.

Of course, I'm just pointing out that at the beginning it might be charming and inspirational. Eventually players might tune out or roll their eyes. I don't think it's a big deal either way. There are certainly examples of both colorful coaches and boring coaches being successful.

Of course, I'm just pointing out that at the beginning it might be charming and inspirational. Eventually players might tune out or roll their eyes. I don't think it's a big deal either way. There are certainly examples of both colorful coaches and boring coaches being successful.

the tune it out roll the eyes kids will probably end up finding themselves on the bench and then gone. not because they rolled their eyes but because it's indicative of them having a bad attitude.

the tune it out roll the eyes kids will probably end up finding themselves on the bench and then gone. not because they rolled their eyes but because it's indicative of them having a bad attitude.
I roll my eyes (at least internally) all the time when my boss uses silly metaphors as if we are too stupid to understand simple concepts without them. I still respect and work very hard for her.

I like the urgency so early in preseason practice. Coach Babers understands something special is required to turn this program around.

Talk is cheap but I like what I am hearing.

Am wondering who will end up Captains. Think it has to do most about who buys in early and leads by example regarding Dino's principles. Maybe Estime/Franklin? who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom