Day Seven Fall Football Practice: Friday 8/12/16 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Day Seven Fall Football Practice: Friday 8/12/16

the tune it out roll the eyes kids will probably end up finding themselves on the bench and then gone. not because they rolled their eyes but because it's indicative of them having a bad attitude.
Not necessarily. It all depends on how often he does it. If it's all the time it becomes white noise, and if a kid needs it constantly to get motivated, he needs to be somewhere else anyway. Guys need to have a certain amount of internal drive or they'll fail regardless. Does anyone think Shamarko Thomas needed it to bust his tail?

My guess is that Dino knows how to meter it out. I think today was him setting the stage as they moved to two-a-days and he knows these guys have never experienced it the way does it. In the future the guys that play will be the ones that work, eye rolling or not.

I am a baseball coach with a head guy who tells a lot of these metaphors. We have a number of kids roll their eyes, including an All-American Pitcher. He ain't sitting on the bench.

Think you guys are diving too deep into this stuff. Its supposed to be motivational and make you think when you address the team. If it has an impact on one guy, its a good speech.

The most important thing, as a coach, is not how you address units or people together, it is how you address the individuals.
Got any kids that want to play summer league ball back East?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does anyone know what they do with the hvac when they're inside? Do they keep it warm to maintain the warm weather conditioning they've had outside or give the guys a break with AC.

Got any kids that want to play summer league ball back East?

Haha, we actually had a pitcher (the All-American) in the Northwoods League this year and another is in the prospect league right now. I got calls from what I believe to be almost every single Coastal Plains League team looking for arms!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does anyone know what they do with the hvac when they're inside? Do they keep it warm to maintain the warm weather conditioning they've had outside or give the guys a break with AC.
Can't say I know, but I have to assume they do nothing which is to say they keep it a regular 72 degrees or so. Systems don't react/adapt to changes that quickly, especially ones that large. For Dino to make the inside like the outside, he'd have to have shut it down a week prior "just in case" and with the heat and humidity what it is, it would be raining in there, which could cause problems for the camera system. I imagine it would also discourage players from getting a little extra work in on off days.

Haha, we actually had a pitcher (the All-American) in the Northwoods League this year and another is in the prospect league right now. I got calls from what I believe to be almost every single Coastal Plains League team looking for arms!
If you have any that would fit in the PGCBL or the NYCBL let me know.

Can't say I know, but I have to assume they do nothing which is to say they keep it a regular 72 degrees or so. Systems don't react/adapt to changes that quickly, especially ones that large. For Dino to make the inside like the outside, he'd have to have shut it down a week prior "just in case" and with the heat and humidity what it is, it would be raining in there, which could cause problems for the camera system. I imagine it would also discourage players from getting a little extra work in on off days.
Yeah, I remember learning about adaptations to temperature when I was studying for my personal training certification. I forget all the details, but the jist is, the better conditioned you are the faster you adapt.

That makes sense about the cameras. I'm surprised it would take that long to heat up. It seems like on a hot humid day it would heat up like a hot box. I can see where it would take a lot longer to cool it back down.

There are a couple of S&C places here in Knoxville that have indoor fields, probably 50 yards long for the larger one, maybe a ltitle bigger. They don't have AC, instead they have garage doors around the perimeter they open during warm weather. That seems like a good option for maintaining warm weather conditioning while staying out of the weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom