Day Sixteen Fall Football Practice: #20, 8/22/16 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Day Sixteen Fall Football Practice: #20, 8/22/16

I was going to post a thread about this, but I will just ask here, I haven't been following the freshman class too much, who is this years Freshman who is going to have the biggest impact on this years team?

All signs point to Moe Neal and Kenneth Ruff. Devin Butler and Andrew Armstrong are probably in the next tier.

Nor is Jim Brown on the roster. But a 6-3 running back has a better shot than a 169 pound one.

Agree, to a point. If that rb is 5'8", he has a better frame. I think moe stays at rb ultimately, but won't be an every down back like Fredericks and strick can be. That said, i think he will be super dynamic and do amazing things for us from the backfield and slot. Eric Metcalf 2.0! 6'3" rbs are hard to find these days. High COG and easy to see by the defense. Ideal rbs these days are 5'10"-6' 190-210 shifty and powerful at the same time with a low COG. Eddie George was the best i have seen at 6'3" in my 30 years of watching fb. Anyone else fellas?

Agree, to a point. If that rb is 5'8", he has a better frame. I think moe stays at rb ultimately, but won't be an every down back like Fredericks and strick can be. That said, i think he will be super dynamic and do amazing things for us from the backfield and slot. Eric Metcalf 2.0! 6'3" rbs are hard to find these days. High COG and easy to see by the defense. Ideal rbs these days are 5'10"-6' 190-210 shifty and powerful at the same time with a low COG. Eddie George was the best i have seen at 6'3" in my 30 years of watching fb. Anyone else fellas?
Eddie and Tyrone Wheatley in college were awesome. Then of course Bo.

Yes, forgot about Bo! A freak! Still underrated. Playing college baseball in florida in the early 90's , I had a chance to watch Bo in spring training often playing for KC. Bo, Dion, loften, and Gordy Lockbaum are some of the best, versatile athletes i have seen, lol.

He are going back forth a lot over 10 minutes of practices. They stated they wanted to keep Mo's hands fresh and Devin needed to work on ball security and this is why they are "cross" practicing for all we know the rest of the practice Mo is with the RBs and Devin is with the WRs.

Dorsey Levens was 6'1" thought he was taller...

Christian Okoye
Brandon Jacobs
Steven Jackson

Last edited:
I just looked up Adrian Peterson thinking he must be 6'3+... He's 6'1, I'm honestly surprised, definitely shorter than he looks when he's playing. Maybe it's that upright running style.

True, he runs alot like eddie george. Shorter, strong, and shifty rbs are the trend these days.

True, he runs alot like eddie george. Shorter, strong, and shifty rbs are the trend these days.
And really have been for a while. I would guess the majority of successful RB since the 80's were 6'0" or shorter.

All signs point to Moe Neal and Kenneth Ruff. Devin Butler and Andrew Armstrong are probably in the next tier.
Im not gonna say any names but one of the freshman DE's will be the biggest surprise and its not the obvious.

Drummond was a 6'3" RB for SU. I have no horse in this race, just thought I'd chime in

Napoleon Kaufman, Darren Sproles both were 180's in the NFL but much lighter in college.

Kauffman was 5-9, Sproles 5-6. Neal is 5-11. 5-11 169 is skinny for a running back. I assume that if they are keeping him there they expect he'll be adding 15-20 pounds in the next couple of years. I agree 6-3 195 maybe a little skinny for a running back, too, but it's not quite as bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom