Day Three Fall Football Practice: Monday 8/8/16 6:45 am | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Day Three Fall Football Practice: Monday 8/8/16 6:45 am

225 for 20 and 305 for 4 aren't terrible for an 18 year old true frosh...

And he's virtually guaranteed to RS this year, so he'll have plenty of time to improve upon those #'s.

The confidence he and his staff have has got to be infectious for the players. Noticeable changes everywhere have to help with faith in the direction.

I cannot. Wait.

It's amazing what happens when you have a head coach and staff who know what the hell they're doing, how to work together effectively, and aren't figuring things out for the first time in stretch roles that they may or may not be qualified for.

Babers bringing over nearly the entire staff was a godsend in terms of accelerating the implementation.

It's amazing what happens when you have a head coach and staff who know what the hell they're doing, how to work together effectively, and aren't figuring things out for the first time in stretch roles that they may or may not be qualified for.

Babers bringing over nearly the entire staff was a godsend in terms of accelerating the implementation.

Yeah - especially his S&C staff. I think the former players allegiance to Hicks was nice and has some value - but won't make much sense.

As much as the players, past and present liked him, Hicks is a dinosaur. His sweatpants are the first clue. Really, who wears sweatpants anymore?
Would you rather he wear yoga pants?

As much as the players, past and present liked him, Hicks is a dinosaur. His sweatpants are the first clue. Really, who wears sweatpants anymore?

Not Cody Lundin.

cody-06-wyoming-625x450.jpg

Hoping that on Colgate depth chart we see Custis as starter and Butler as a backup. Twao and Cornelius do not offer similar athleticism
No, athletically, Cornelius may not have the same gifts. I really, really like AC though. I always have, I thought he got lost in the shuffle with Lester's Offense.

Only throwing the ball 15 times a game, alot of those throws designed, seriously decreases the 2/3/4 WR's opportunities.

No, athletically, Cornelius may not have the same gifts. I really, really like AC though. I always have, I thought he got lost in the shuffle with Lester's Offense.

Only throwing the ball 15 times a game, alot of those throws designed, seriously decreases the 2/3/4 WR's opportunities.
I notice Butler in those clips too. 6'3 kid that shows athleticism and speed. If he can catch and pick up the system, he will make the 2 deep in my opinion. I like Custis but he doesn't have the speed and consistent burst coming in and out of his breaks. largely due to his size. He is 6'6 225. He will be a red zone target for sure. Cornelius been on the verge of doing some special things. I think he will take advantage of his opportunities this year.

Looks like Bailey accidentally copied and pasted his notes into the article.

DONTAE STRICKLAND

transition, picking up where we left off, mental reps are big

Being out there in the backfield is still a little different than the slot. I'm still getting used to it.

hardest part is protections not LBs, not DL

Just watching film, getting on the same apge as him. Taking reps together is one thing, but mental reps is the main thing really.

remember notes, get on pre-snap and get into position

tried to add a little more muscle 200 (197)

trying to maintain weight in camp

You've got to take it with the same mentality, just act like everyone's the starter.

defense and offense competition

Custis: Long, tall, 6-5 guy. Him making the guys's and everything has been real impressive

We need as much depth as possible on the field. Him being at center is an other guy we can put out there.

He brought a lot of blitzes in the inside.

not much A-gap stuff in spring

JORDAN FREDERICKS

almost 230, down to 210

Coach E, Sobol, Wayne, Jose

morning weight room, changed diet

eating more veggies, less fatty foods

Little by little, you see your body just change

snack go to granola bar instead of doritos, water instead of gatorade

Hopefully on television, I lose that 10 pounds in my gut from last year.

During the spring, I used to stay on the field for about four plays and be gassed, Now I can go up and down probaly twice, hopefully, and be fine.

roomies

We know it's going to be a battle. I'm loving it right now. He's pushing me harder, I'm pushing him harder to get better. And whoever the coach picks the first week, it's his choice.

working on planting and going up after first touch

We get home, we joke around. He might be on a video game and we'll just talk about what happened in practice a little bit. We don't argue about anything; it's great. You expect people who are playing the same position and fighting for the same spot to argue, but he's laid-back, I'm laid-back and we just like to have fun.

It's going to be a major difference. We're going to get a lot of carries. The major thing is just to stay healthy out there.
--
Stephen Bailey
203-815-3199
@Stephen_Bailey1
Put me down for 1000 likes on this one!!! These kids get it, no backstabbing crap. Teamwork, one may have a banner day one week the other another week. they know the main goal for Cuse is to get better and WIN more games!!! Love the class of these kids!!!

Lol, honestly, believe it or not they're making a big comeback... Our kids love them.

Day four of practice is today, 8/9. It is a closed practice but if the staff puts out any highlights we'll start a thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom