Day Twelve Spring Practice: Sat. April 15, 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Day Twelve Spring Practice: Sat. April 15, 2017

CuseLegacy

2017 Syracuse Football Spring Practice Schedule (Subject to change)
Tuesday, March 21
Thursday, March 23
Saturday, March 25
Tuesday, March 28
Thursday, March 30
Saturday, April 1
Tuesday, April 4
Thursday, April 6
Saturday, April 8
Tuesday, April 11
Thursday, April 13
Saturday, April 15
Tuesday, April 18
Thursday, April 20
Saturday, April 22 – Spring Showcase, 10 a.m. (Carrier Dome)

No updates ? Wait till TD is up there I will handle the updates . PopcornSpeaking of TD not that it's needed in a game but he did throw a ball 76 yards yesterday getting his arm in shape
No media access on Saturdays.

No updates ? Wait till TD is up there I will handle the updates . PopcornSpeaking of TD not that it's needed in a game but he did throw a ball 76 yards yesterday getting his arm in shape
76 yards? Yowza...that sounds awesome when we need a hail Mary.

Loved those videos! Everyone knows about Pierce's athletic ability, but the dude gets after blocking as well.

My take-aways from today's practice:

• Dungey is very poised and comfortable. Very accurate passes with the exception of one INT. No float to his long throws. He is definitely the team leader.
  • Mahoney looked sharp as well. Not as accurate as Dungey with the long ball, but got the job done in other areas. Very competent back-up. We are lucky to have him.
  • Ish can catch the ball in traffic! No long balls thrown to him but looked extremely competent in short to intermediate range.
  • Tyrone Perkins was the most consistent and productive RB IMHO. Not afraid to block, either.
  • Man oh man! I hope I am not reading too much into what I saw but I think Custis is headed for a break-out season! Made some great intermediate to long catches--best one was when he and Phillips were both lined up left and then headed downfield about 25 yards or so. Pass was to Phillips, who appeared to catch but he either fumbled or ball was knocked out by the defender. Great heads-up play by Custis who snatched the loose ball out of the air and staggered forward for another 10 yards or so. Kid should be a threat this year.
  • Defenders swarmed in numbers towards any plays directed to the outside.Secondary looks undersized although Cordy seemed all ove the place--in a good way.
  • Very short practice time with kick-offs and punts. Closest anybody got to the end zone with a KO was the 5 yard line.
  • I was a little disappointed that no roster sheets were made available--it would have helped me a little more in reporting what I observed. I did compile a shortened version before I left home which was better than none.
  • Dome staff were very helpful and inviting to the 50 or so folks who were actually there in the stands. Nice job--just remember the damn rosters next time!;)
  • I had the pee troughs all to myself!
  • IMG_2062.JPG

My take-aways from today's practice:

• Dungey is very poised and comfortable. Very accurate passes with the exception of one INT. No float to his long throws. He is definitely the team leader.
  • Mahoney looked sharp as well. Not as accurate as Dungey with the long ball, but got the job done in other areas. Very competent back-up. We are lucky to have him.
  • Ish can catch the ball in traffic! No long balls thrown to him but looked extremely competent in short to intermediate range.
  • Tyrone Perkins was the most consistent and productive RB IMHO. Not afraid to block, either.
  • Man oh man! I hope I am not reading too much into what I saw but I think Custis is headed for a break-out season! Made some great intermediate to long catches--best one was when he and Phillips were both lined up left and then headed downfield about 25 yards or so. Pass was to Phillips, who appeared to catch but he either fumbled or ball was knocked out by the defender. Great heads-up play by Custis who snatched the loose ball out of the air and staggered forward for another 10 yards or so. Kid should be a threat this year.
  • Defenders swarmed in numbers towards any plays directed to the outside.Secondary looks undersized although Cordy seemed all ove the place--in a good way.
  • Very short practice time with kick-offs and punts. Closest anybody got to the end zone with a KO was the 5 yard line.
  • I was a little disappointed that no roster sheets were made available--it would have helped me a little more in reporting what I observed. I did compile a shortened version before I left home which was better than none.
  • Dome staff were very helpful and inviting to the 50 or so folks who were actually there in the stands. Nice job--just remember the damn rosters next time!;)
  • I had the pee troughs all to myself!
  • View attachment 95387
I'll buy into your enthusiasm.
Vastly improved defense + Maturing offense = 8 wins
Go orange!

Anybody know how I can upload a .mov file? I have several videos that just won't upload due to the video file restriction.

SPRING SHOWCASE FORMAT SET
Speaking of the Spring Showcase, Babers has determined the format for next Saturday's scrimmage. The scrimmage will consist of four 12-minute quarters (running clock, except for the final two minutes of the second and fourth quarters). The first-team offense will face the second-team defense. The second-team offense will go up against the first-team defense. The offenses will rotate drives, which will start at various points on the field. No official score will be kept. To reduce the risk of injury, any special teams elements won't be live. There will be a five-minute intermission following the second quarter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom