Day Twelve Spring Practice: Sat. April 15, 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Day Twelve Spring Practice: Sat. April 15, 2017

I'll make sure to tell Saban, Urban and the other 75% of coaches that do it. ;)
Happy Easter to all . if im a wr or any player for example I'm getting better going against a one or a 2?

I hate fades it's 50/50 fades are for no talents
I dont no anyone who doesnt like fade balls. Its the ultimate neutralizer. Gives you a chance when your playing against a team that is better. You have to take shots here and there. It also opens up various parts of your offense. Get those corners and safeties bailing, that allows you to get stuff under neath. Bottom line, fade balls gives you a chance to make a big play. especially with mix matches. Can't defend it, if thrown right.

That's usually how it's done during the season for easier execution, spring and summer should be all about competition best on best . The first and most important thing a coach must do is pick the best starters and have them at there best position. This is found playing best on best. Iron sharpens iron .
You can't go 1v1 all the time. Not in team scrimmages. You build competition in other things, like inside run, 7v7 skelly, 1v1's pass ,redzone sessions. You go 1v1 team all the time, you will have more injuries. More importantly, cant just focus on the starters, you want to develop all the players and build depth. Those 2's get better going against the 1's. 1v2's team is the most common way to do that.

I just see fades as a way to maximize the advantage we have with an upperclassmen, big bodied/fast wide receiver like Custis.

Also wouldn't mind him attacking the middle, Enoicy too if he's developed at all. Throwing big men over the middle and wearing down the heart of the secondary.

Also wouldn't mind him attacking the middle, Enoicy too if he's developed at all. Throwing big men over the middle and wearing down the heart of the secondary.
I can think of specific occasions when AET or Ish cut in on slants because it happened so rarely. Big wide receivers don't go over the middle in this offense. That's one of the reasons Pierce is going to be so important this fall.

I can think of specific occasions when AET or Ish cut in on slants because it happened so rarely. Big wide receivers don't go over the middle in this offense. That's one of the reasons Pierce is going to be so important this fall.

I really hope Babers chooses to modify his philosophy a bit and uses Pierce as much as defenses will allow. I'd love nothing more than hitting him on a 12-15 yard slant and watching him run over a Wake/Pitt safety.

I really hope Babers chooses to modify his philosophy a bit and uses Pierce as much as defenses will allow. I'd love nothing more than hitting him on a 12-15 yard slant and watching him run over a Wake/Pitt safety.
Babers' philosphy was modified last year because there wasn't a tight end on the roster who could do what needed to be done.

If Pierce stays healthy he is going to be a monster. With our big question mark of a running game we are going to need him in the red zone, bigtime.

after the first TD what the heck did Dungey and Mahoney do? lol
They found each other & performed a choreographed celebration together after every touchdown early on last year. Not so much choreographed after Dungey went down at Clemson, but they still embraced after each TD Mahoney led them to. Great relationship.

I hate fades it's 50/50 fades are for no talents

I agree, fades are for when you dont have a confident play to call, 50/50 inside the 10. However, fades could be termed for the routes run all over the field where the reciever runs a go route at the numbers and fades and looks for a deep ball over his outside shoulder. Very effective with a tall receiver with great chemistry with his qb. Hopefully, thats what we will see.

Boardroom Suggestion 16042017205357.jpg

Happy Easter to all . if im a wr or any player for example I'm getting better going against a one or a 2?
Maybe they are during much of the practice time not open to outsiders. But if ones always go against ones, how do you ever know if a two has improved enough to possibly become a one?

Two much attention on traditional fades, IMO. This offense throws to guys who are covered 1on1 all the time. Babers believes his guy will win. AET and Ish both did it tons last season.

Plus if you have 2x the snaps 50/50 looks alright ;)

Is it ever really 50/50 when the guy throwing the ball is intentionally aiming for a guy 6 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier than the guy playing defense?

Is it ever really 50/50 when the guy throwing the ball is intentionally aiming for a guy 6 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier than the guy playing defense?
I have a buddy that I used to play a lot of cards with. When he'd had a few he'd always expound on "odds" and claim that it was always 50/50 that he'd get a card he needed or not. It was one of my most favorite things I've ever heard. And he'd rant about it after more drinks. This reminds me of that.

He's been "no contact" since forever. He has done some non-contact stuff, and he participates in the daily workouts. Not yet allowed to squat, but is working leg press, extensions, curls, box jumps, sprints, etc. We'll know soon about whether or not he will return, or be DQ'ed.
I'm sorry if covered, but is he in concussion situation?

Also unrelated but leg extensions are REALLY bad for legs...fwiw. Not that you were advocating, but I like to talk lifting...

I'm sorry if covered, but is he in concussion situation?

Also unrelated but leg extensions are REALLY bad for legs...fwiw. Not that you were advocating, but I like to talk lifting...
Nope. Blood clot. Someone from med staff squeezed his leg into an XL knee brace (2 sizes too small, BTW)then tightened the crap out of it. Clots formed where the straps contacted his leg. 3 of the 4 were gone by January, the 4th has been stubborn.

He's not allowed to squat, at all. So, leg presses etc are better than not doing anything.

Nope. Blood clot. Someone from med staff squeezed his leg into an XL knee brace (2 sizes too small, BTW)then tightened the crap out of it. Clots formed where the straps contacted his leg. 3 of the 4 were gone by January, the 4th has been stubborn.

He's not allowed to squat, at all. So, leg presses etc are better than not doing anything.

And my blood pressure goes up to dangerous levels after reading that story for the second time. I can't imagine how you feel.