Day Twelve Spring Practice: Sat. April 15, 2017 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Day Twelve Spring Practice: Sat. April 15, 2017

It's like my 5th time and it still pisses me off. Hopefully they "cleaned house"
I hope Bcubs doesn't name names, but the longtime football trainer is now with the Bills.

Nope. Blood clot. Someone from med staff squeezed his leg into an XL knee brace (2 sizes too small, BTW)then tightened the crap out of it. Clots formed where the straps contacted his leg. 3 of the 4 were gone by January, the 4th has been stubborn.

He's not allowed to squat, at all. So, leg presses etc are better than not doing anything.
Whoa that's nuts and awful. Sorry to hear that. Dumb question probably but how do you know how many you have and how do you know when gone? Brusing or something?

And just FTR, I was talking extensions (being bad) and not leg press (which is a good alternative). Surprised he can do one and not the other. Wonder if it's because you have elevated legs on press?

Whoa that's nuts and awful. Sorry to hear that. Dumb question probably but how do you know how many you have and how do you know when gone? Brusing or something?

And just FTR, I was talking extensions (being bad) and not leg press (which is a good alternative). Surprised he can do one and not the other. Wonder if it's because you have elevated legs on press?
Yeah, extensions aren't a good thing. Think he goes heavy on the leg press, then "reps out" with light weight on the extensions/curls.

As far as how to tell when the clots are gone, doppler imaging is used as a diagnostic aid. Not for looking at the clot itself, but to see how/where/if blood is flowing.

I could get used to that. Seems pretty fast for a big guy.
Seemed to me he slowed down to adjust to the throw too.

I hope Bcubs doesn't name names, but the longtime football trainer is now with the Bills.

Actually that wasn't him and Bcubs mentioned that trainer (Kellington) is the one who helped him to the hospital...

Actually that wasn't him and Bcubs mentioned that trainer (Kellington) is the one who helped him to the hospital...
To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't the person who went to the Bills.