Class of 2021 - DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a solid 7.5 right there!
5A14B781-FD0C-45DF-9544-B8565C5E9447.gif

He thinks (aka was told by the staff or the players themselves) that Cisco AND Trill are leaving early?

I know Cisco is high on the NFL's radar for sure, but I didn't think Trill was that high up / ready to make the leap yet.

He thinks (aka was told by the staff or the players themselves) that Cisco AND Trill are leaving early?

I know Cisco is high on the NFL's radar for sure, but I didn't think Trill was that high up / ready to make the leap yet.
In my absolutely worthless opinion, I think Trill makes another big jump this year and entices the NFL with his playmaker abilities. He was the most dominant player on our defense last year.

Cisco’s clearly the more enticing draft prospect and sure fire NFL talent, but Trill may have the highest ceiling and more to show yet.

In my absolutely worthless opinion, I think Trill makes another big jump this year and entices the NFL with his playmaker abilities. He was the most dominant player on our defense last year.

Cisco’s clearly the more enticing draft prospect and sure fire NFL talent, but Trill may have the highest ceiling and more to show yet.
I don't disagree that Trill has the bigger potential. But I just think he hasn't shown as much as Cisco (in NFL terms) to date.

I hope both are extraordinary this year and can make the jump. And that Chestnut jumps right in after them!

I don't disagree that Trill has the bigger potential. But I just think he hasn't shown as much as Cisco (in NFL terms) to date.

I hope both are extraordinary this year and can make the jump. And that Chestnut jumps right in after them!
Thats fair. I think Trill’s been the guy most impacted by weaker links in our secondaries over the years. With iffy healthy and Coley emerging as a consistent potential rover I think Trill will be able to focus on his own duties.

I've seen Trill projected as mid to late round for 2021. His productivity (INTs) will need to take a big jump this season IMO for him to move up draft boards. But, I agree on his ceiling.

Trill has played mostly nickel and corner slot under the former system. It will be interesting to see where he lines up in the 3-3-5

Neither Cisco or Trill are ready but both will likely declare because these days kids would rather take the risk. Kids would rather be a practice squad member then finish senior season. They can always get their degrees after they are done playing. Unless you go to a factory school that has a chance to win a national title, no kid is staying for his senior season for a chance to play in the pinstripe bowl.

Back to Chestnut, new CB's coach Chip West is his lead recruiter. He comes in with a very solid reputation of being a good recruiter and was recruiter of the year in the ACC when he was at UVA I believe. Hopefully he reels in his first big fish.

Back to Chestnut, new CB's coach Chip West is his lead recruiter. He comes in with a very solid reputation of being a good recruiter and was recruiter of the year in the ACC when he was at UVA I believe. Hopefully he reels in his first big fish.

Well, and Swag Daddy is on the case too - and we know he's a closer. :cool:

Neither Cisco or Trill are ready but both will likely declare because these days kids would rather take the risk. Kids would rather be a practice squad member then finish senior season. They can always get their degrees after they are done playing. Unless you go to a factory school that has a chance to win a national title, no kid is staying for his senior season for a chance to play in the pinstripe bowl.

Don't want to derail the thread again, but Cisco is a projected first rounder.

Don't want to derail the thread again, but Cisco is a projected first rounder.
At this time last year, Alton Robinson was a projected 1st rounder. Projections are irrelevant. He’s a great player, I just think he needs more time.

At this time last year, Alton Robinson was a projected 1st rounder. Projections are irrelevant. He’s a great player, I just think he needs more time.

I know we thought Alton was a first rounder, but I'm actually seeing Cisco mocked as the first safety taken. I don't think these are equivalent. Cisco is gone, and he should go and make his first round money.

Some of you know I have a good friend who is a P5 recruiter who is recruiting Duce (but not in his top 8). He told me his feel is we are top 4 in no particular order with Ole Miss MIA and Lousiville at this moment. "Was surprised that Duce cut the list to 8 last week because his recruitment seemed open"

My take is while ending up 2nd is the same as ending up last we have a real real shot with this kid. Really encouraging to hear from multiple sources that my Syracuse coaches are all over this kid. We need a couple other dominoes to fall to other teams to help us as Duce wants to play as a true freshman (like Trill and Cisco). So lets pray for the following help

1. CB Markavious Brown to Ole Miss or Mia soon
2. Derrick McGee to Ole Miss soon
3. Duce never gets to visit Miami
4. Louisville coaches screw up his recruiting
5. Schiano doesn't stop by his house everyday after dead period and steal this kid

Feeling really good about this kids recruitment. Again top 4 doesnt mean much at the end of the day we gotta close him. Lets go Orange coaches. Lets go Orange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom