Class of 2021 - DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it's not just this recruit. 14th rated recruiting class in the conference my ass. In three years, this is going to be the foundation of a top 25 team, mark it down.

agreed. There’s some serious players in this class.

You seem to enjoy talking about rutgers recruiting and make criticisms of SU's every chance you get. No need to worry about Louisville with Duce.
REALLY!!! Its funny. As a Syracuse alumn there is pretty much nothing I have ever liked about Rutgers except Schiano putting full court press on local top recruits. I pay a lot to attend Syracuse games and functions. Watching low P5 teams like Pitt and Maryland drop60 or 70 points on us as if we are a low MAC team is incredibly painful. Low P5 teams like BC running for 400, 500yds on us as if we are a Sun Belt team smh. If we recruit MAC and AAC level players and only win 2 or 3 of 8 P5 games in a season, I am man enough to admit we aren't good and demand better.

If we recruit like a ACC team and get ACC level recruits like Chestnut I am man enough to admit I am happy with the recruit. I am very happy and excited about the prospect of adding Chestnut. Its called being honest. There are A LOT of people on here that will say that a kid who never even played football in high school will be all ACC if he commits to Syracuse. "I trust the coaches" is what they say. Same people will say a 4star who picks Penn ST or Mich is overrated because he didn't come to us, or the old go to "we never really had a shot" lol. Thats not me. Lets just all be honest in our recruiting especially since we see it playing out on the field. Lets hope that Duce gives us a "nonbinding verbal" tomorrow and eventually. signs. Again the recruit is ours once he is signed. LETS GO ORANGE!!!

Last edited:
REALLY!!! Its funny. As a Syracuse alumn there is pretty much nothing I have ever liked about Rutgers except Schiano putting full court press on local top recruits. I pay a lot to attend Syracuse games and functions. Watching low P5 teams like Pitt and Maryland drop60 or 70 points on us as if we are a low MAC team is incredibly painful. Low P5 teams like BC running for 400, 500yds on us as if we are a Sun Belt team smh. If we recruit MAC and AAC level players and only win 2 or 3 of 8 P5 games in a season, I am man enough to admit we aren't good and demand better.

If we recruit like a ACC team and get ACC level recruits like Chestnut I am man enough to admit I am happy with the recruit. I am very happy and excited about the prospect of adding Chestnut. Its called being honest. There are A LOT of people on here that will say that a kid who never even played football in high school will be all ACC if he commits to Syracuse. "I trust the coaches" is what they say. Same people will say a 4star who picks Penn ST or Mich is overrated because he didn't come to us, or the old go to "we never really had a shot" lol. Thats not me. Lets just all be honest in our recruiting especially since we see it playing out on the field. Lets hope that Duce gives us a "nonbinding verbal" tomorrow and eventually. signs. Again the recruit is ours once he is signed. LETS GO ORANGE!!!
please point a one example of posters suggesting that prospect who never played high school football would be an all-acc

I'll wait.

What would you complain about then?
Nothing!!!! We would probably be a perennial bowl team. Having winning seasons and going to bowl games is fun and what I want. Wont happen with AAC or MAC recruiting classes. You watched us last year. You saw those games. We didnt look like a ACC so we are upgrading our recruiting HOPEFULLY

please point a one example of posters suggesting that prospect who never played high school football would be an all-acc

I'll wait.
Come on man not tonight. Syracuse is on the verge of getting HCDB highest rated recruit as a HC. Lets celebrate that. We dont need to talk about the volleyball player we signed... might even be from another country if memory serves. Dont think we even had any tape on him well...because lol. But not right now!

Come on man not tonight. Syracuse is on the verge of getting HCDB highest rated recruit as a HC. Lets celebrate that. We dont need to talk about the volleyball player we signed... might even be from another country if memory serves. Dont think we even had any tape on him well...because lol. But not right now!
So in other words, you have nothing to go on to back that claim up. If you're referring to the German tight end, again we'll see.

But let's be intellectually honest, instead of your usual hyperbole. I agree, not tonight for this BS.

Chestnut isn't a NYS recruit.
Thats the best part. He is from our recruiting footprint NY NJ MA PA DE CT. Dont you love recruiting those guys who can just jump in the car and drive up and take a unofficial of our great campus??? I do!!!! Build that fence HCDB starting with Chestnut

So in other words, you have nothing to go on to back that claim up. If you're referring to the German tight end, again we'll see.

But let's be intellectually honest, instead of your usual hyperbole. I agree, not tonight for this BS.
Did the German Tight End i guess that will be his position. Did he play high school FOOTBALL?

Did the German Tight End i guess that will be his position. Did he play high school FOOTBALL?
yes he did, he played football at the highest level in Germany. He didn't play high school football in the US. Here's the link:

What does that mean in terms of what we can expect vis a via early contributions, if any? Time will tell.

But let's dispense with pretending that this was a volleyball player who never touched a football.

And I'm still waiting for you to provide any evidence backing up the claim of posters suggesting that any player who never played high school football will be in all ACC performer..

yes he did, he played football at the highest level in Germany. He didn't play high school football in the US. Here's the link:

So let's dispense with pretending that this was a volleyball player who never touched a football.
Wait isn't German football... Soccer? Lmao. Lets just leave it alone RF. I know any player who Syracuse signs you think will be great. And thats cool! I just have to be honest when I look at these players actually playing on the field and we are getting mopped by other P5 teams.

This thread is about Chestnut so lets get back to him. He will be my poster child for building the fence around our geographical recruiting base. Lets get him!!!

Wait isn't German football... Soccer? Lmao. Lets just leave it alone RF. I know any player who Syracuse signs you think will be great. And thats cool! I just have to be honest when I look at these players actually playing on the field and we are getting mopped by other P5 teams.

This thread is about Chestnut so lets get back to him. He will be my poster child for building the fence around our geographical recruiting base. Lets get him!!!
We sure got mopped in 2018. Lmao!!!

The funny thing is you display zero intellectual honesty about any recruit, beyond stars. Sorry to have to call you on that, but you're a broken record.

I don't know whether mang is going to be worth a s*** or not, so please don't make a false attribution about my opinion, but I'm sure that you were one of the whiners complaining about Benson. Oops.

Time will tell whether this kid is cut from the same cloth.

the funny thing is you display zero intellectual honesty about any recruit, beyond stars. Sorry to have to call you on that, but you're a broken record.

I don't know whether mang is going to be worth a s*** or not, so please don't make a false attribution about my opinion, but I'm sure that you were one of the whiners complaining about Benson.
I am not really high on Benson. He had a great game vs I think a team named Liberty. I want to say he had 10 or 11 catches all year. Again the big game was vs Liberty.

Listen i really hope any and all of the Benson type recruits on this team are MUCH better than I think. Here is something you can put in the Benson thread for us to argue about next year. ** I think we have 2 guys that are going to push him next year. But again this thread is about Chestnut. lets focus on him in this thread.

Do you think Chestnut would get a lot of playing time as a true Freshman

I am not really high on Benson. He had a great game vs I think a team named Liberty. I want to say he had 10 or 11 catches all year. Again the big game was vs Liberty.

Listen i really hope any and all of the Benson type recruits on this team are MUCH better than I think. Here is something you can put in the Benson thread for us to argue about next year. ** I think we have 2 guys that are going to push him next year. But again this thread is about Chestnut. lets focus on him in this thread.

Do you think Chestnut would get a lot of playing time as a true Freshman
Of course you don't. Luke Benson averaged 22 yards per reception last year.

You not thinking much of him confirms everything I believe about your talent evaluation capabilities. Benson average 22 yards per reception last year, in limited duty. and does his career unfolds, I look forward to making your expectations look even more absurd in retrospect.

Weren't you the guy who advocated Syracuse recruiting a defensive tackle who ended up at a D2 school?
Unsubscribe.

Of course you don't. Luke Benson averaged 22 yards per reception last year.

You not thinking much of him confirms everything I believe about your talent evaluation capabilities. Benson average 22 yards per reception last year, in limited duty. and does his career unfolds, I look forward to making your expectations look even more absurd in retrospect.

Weren't you the guy who advocated Syracuse recruiting a defensive tackle who ended up at a D2 school?
Unsubscribe.
Your reeling me into a total nonsense back and forth lol.
The fact that you know that I like a kid who was 1 star DT totally disproves your post about me only being a stars guy! Doesn't it??? Lmao. Let it go man just be happy we are on the verge of getting the type recruit I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom