Class of 2024 - DB Davien Kerr (CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Davien Kerr (CT) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/24)

Blue Dodge Dart 1.jpg

Nice to renew the connection with talent-rich Bloomfield CT HS

I had high hopes for RTB a few years ago but it wasn’t to be, except for good work on special teams.

Davien was a dominant player at the CT small-school level and I think he’ll excel here.

More important, our DB guru Fran thinks he will!

Sorry ya’ll, after 9 days of being sick I was just diagnosed with pneumonia… in the middle of the summer, so random? Never had it before, so much for being 40 & still sporty, amirite?!? Antibiotics go handle your biz. In the meantime, Fran Brown & the grind never stops ;)
boom smile GIF

did they test you for Legionella?

Sorry ya’ll, after 9 days of being sick I was just diagnosed with pneumonia… in the middle of the summer, so random? Never had it before, so much for being 40 & still sporty, amirite?!? Antibiotics go handle your biz. In the meantime, Fran Brown & the grind never stops ;)
boom smile GIF
Hope you're better soon. The recruiting threads need more Denzel!

Last edited:
This is the impression Fran & Co are making on recruits.
From McCallister:

"I decided to commit to Syracuse because I felt a connection between me and the head coach," Kerr said. "Coach Fran Brown. I feel like we've been building a bond like my high school coach. Out of everybody in the country he chose me for the last scholarship. They were really interested in me and showed mad love. If he's willing to give me a shot, I'm willing to put trust in that and change my life for the better."

"When I saw them practice and saw they were a family," Kerr said. "When I saw how hard they work and the bond they this team has. There's no haters or envies towards each other. They're like a family."

Yeah, we've heard it before, but this rings true. It's more than lip service. Fran's philosophy has a virtuous authenticity to it and it's translating to those ready for it.

Q: Why isn’t Davien Kerr on the roster?

Emily:
Kerr’s social media now says “C/O 2027″ but remains Syracuse-coded otherwise. To me, that indicates there was likely an issue on the academic side preventing him from enrolling this year and he’s doing time at a prep school or junior college.

Q: Why isn’t Davien Kerr on the roster?

Emily:
Kerr’s social media now says “C/O 2027″ but remains Syracuse-coded otherwise. To me, that indicates there was likely an issue on the academic side preventing him from enrolling this year and he’s doing time at a prep school or junior college.

Understandable however with him being such a late add I'm sure the staff had some kind of idea how he was grade wise checking in with the school etc.

l think the staff thought it be easier bringing him with this class then to see him blow up in prep school and have to fight for a commitment ....plus our needs in the secondary

If I heard right, Davien just got a shout out from coach in the latest presser. Brown said he came into camp late and has the ability to play as a freshman
What I know is that Davien has been on campus since July 7th. Maybe late as in not an early enrollee or a late commitment?

It will be interesting to see how this crew here develop over the next few years. This is basically the bottom of Fran's 2024 class based on offers, with Thomas being the only holdover from Dino:

Vito Shevchenko - OL (Verbal)
North Vancouver, BC - Clearwater Academy International School
Commit Date 4/24/24
Major (2)- SU, Maryland
Mid Major (2) - FAU, FIU

Ja’Meer Thomas - WR (Signed LOI)
Buffalo, NY - Bennett High School
Commit Date 9/23/23
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (1) - Akron

Malachi James - ATH (Signed LOI)
Burlington, NJ - Burlington City High School
Commit Date 2/7/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (3) - Air Force, Army, Temple

Ibn McDaniels - DB (Signed LOI)
Elizabeth, NJ - Elizabeth High School
Commit Date 1/13/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

Travis Brown-Miller - OL (Verbal)
Teaneck, NJ - Teaneck High School
Commit Date 3/7/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

Davien Kerr - DB (Verbal)
Bloomfield, CT - Bloomfield High School
Commit Date 6/24/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

It will be interesting to see how this crew here develop over the next few years. This is basically the bottom of Fran's 2024 class based on offers, with Thomas being the only holdover from Dino:

Commit Date 4/24/24
Major (2)- SU, Maryland
Mid Major (2) - FAU, FIU

Commit Date 9/23/23
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (1) - Akron

Commit Date 2/7/24
Major (1)- SU

Commit Date 1/13/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

Commit Date 3/7/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

Commit Date 6/24/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)
Wow. That's the bottom of the class? Kerr, Malachi James, and Thomas may all contribute this year

Travis Brown Miller may be a contributor next year

If the bottom of all Fran's classes are like that, we should have no worries

Commit Date 4/24/24
Major (2)- SU, Maryland
Mid Major (2) - FAU, FIU

Commit Date 9/23/23
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (1) - Akron

Commit Date 2/7/24
Major (1)- SU

Commit Date 1/13/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

Commit Date 3/7/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)

Commit Date 6/24/24
Major (1)- SU
Mid Major (0)
James and McDaniels, could end up at the top of the class before they leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom