Class of 2022 - DB Dom Foster (OH) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Dom Foster (OH) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21)

This is another solid recruit, but we can’t ignore our class ranking within the ACC. We’re excited, but we’re ranked 13 in the conference. This class will not get us anywhere near the top of the ACC. A lot of developmental type of players.
Give me a team full of Ohio, PA, and FL kids, and I will roll with that.

Wonder if this is the last DB commit of the class or do we take one more.
I figure couple more OL, another LB.
QB not sure
I bet we take one more, especially if Perry is really a wide receiver. Even if not, 5 would be best

I respect his decision.

Hopefully I respect the coaches decision on where they play him.

That sounds good but the results have not shown it.

We've largely whiffed on Ohio since Dino has been here. PA kids we've got look the part but could stand for a few more to go with that Florida speed we pull.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Warren has traditionally been an Ohio power program over the years.

They're at the opposite corner of the state from me so I don't follow them but I saw on the interweb that this high school has produced over two dozen NFL'ers including Paul Warfield and Korey Stringer.
I'd guess they've put 10x that many in D1 college football programs.

its really shocking to see that we now have a DB who plays 1 real yr and is gonna go pro and no one really expected all that much from him last yr. great for the kid but our team needs to get more out of the kids we do a great job of finding and building. how many DB types can we turn over at this rate going forward. can we do this year after yr and sustain? its not like ALA or OSU who have 3-4 kids to turn to every yr with this kind of talent.

party GIF

its really shocking to see that we now have a DB who plays 1 real yr and is gonna go pro and no one really expected all that much from him last yr. great for the kid but our team needs to get more out of the kids we do a great job of finding and building. how many DB types can we turn over at this rate going forward. can we do this year after yr and sustain? its not like ALA or OSU who have 3-4 kids to turn to every yr with this kind of talent.
Well we are about to lose our 4th secondary player in 2 years who used only 3 years of eligibility, Carter looks legit, Simmons sounds like he is a hit along with Chestnut…. None of them were recruits we were fighting blue bloods for.

To me, our secondary evaluation, recruiting and development is innocent until proven guilty… pretty much the opposite of our O’line

EDIT: This ties to ‘FOSTER Australian FOR BEER’ because I assume is next in the growing line of productive Cuse secondary players that have a good shot at the next level

Last edited:
Well we are about to lose our 4th secondary player in 2 years who used only 3 years of eligibility, Carter looks legit, Simmons sounds like he is a hit along with Chestnut…. None of them were recruits we were fighting blue bloods for.

To me, our secondary evaluation, recruiting and development is innocent until proven guilty… pretty much the opposite of our O’line
if we could hit on a few more WR that would help as well. but winning the oline battle needs to happen.. just become 50/50 battles goes a long way to being a decent offense.

Agree.

Although Duce was offered by Michigan and Miami, just depends on your definition of blue bloods :cool: Actually Carter was originally offered by V Tech and Michigan too.

I'm pretty ecstatic about Simmons - he was projected as a potential starter by the analyst sites coming out of the portal and it seems like he is 100% legit to that assessment. Our secondary - Monroe could recruit a 5 footer from Osceola and I would believe lol.

Simmons dad coaches in NFL so he clearly he's a smart and adaptable DB. Basically he could play either safety position depending on what the staff wants. He'll be very valuable with Mikel Jones in identifying stuff on the field.

This is another solid recruit, but we can’t ignore our class ranking within the ACC. We’re excited, but we’re ranked 13 in the conference. This class will not get us anywhere near the top of the ACC. A lot of developmental type of players.

it’s rather easy to ignore when guys like Price are inexplicably dropped from 4 star to 3 star. nobody wins games on paper anyways.

Hey, I'll take pumping kids into the NFL and reloading any day of the week. If we get 2 solid seasons out of these recruits after a redshirt year, and they go pro, that's great for the program

Hey, I'll take pumping kids into the NFL and reloading any day of the week. If we get 2 solid seasons out of these recruits after a redshirt year, and they go pro, that's great for the program
yes it is.. but its hard to sustain at a school with few of these kids to start with.