Class of 2022 - DB Dom Foster (OH) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Dom Foster (OH) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/15/21)

I bet we take one more, especially if Perry is really a wide receiver. Even if not, 5 would be best
There are 11 starters on each side of the ball and then specials. So if you take one at each position and then a specials that is like a 23 man class. We start 5 DB's so essentially you should bring in that many each class. While we focused on Defense in 2020 we didn't focus on DB's at all. We only brought in Folk and Chestnut as Frosh and then had Simmons transfer in. And we now seem to be losing our best players early to the draft which kind of sucks but if we can keep back filling with higher end talent because of their results I guess we have to be fine with it. It sounds like its likely Garett Williams is gone after this one and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Chestnut eventually leaves early after a Sophomore season where he may have started 2 years. Honestly I think we should bring in at least 2 more DB's so we have 6 in the class.

On defense, maybe take one more LB and then we really need to focus on offense. I'm thinking we may forgo a QB this season with Lamson last year looking promising, the 2 freshman the year prior along with the walk on McPhail and then bringing in Shrader who is just a Soph. With the COVID year those guys have a lot of time left. That should improve our chances of landing more of an impact QB in 2022 class as recruits see a better pathway to playing time. Obviously if a really talented QB happens to fall in our laps we take him but that doesn't look likely this year. I want another RB, a TE, another couple WR's and at least 3 linemen but probably 4. That would put us at 21 or 22 guys though. But not sure how many we can bring in this class to not be over the 85 man scholarship limit.

Last edited:
There are 11 starters on each side of the ball and then specials. So if you take one at each position and then a specials that is like a 23 man class. We start 5 DB's so essentially you should bring in that many each class. While we focused on Defense in 2020 we didn't focus on DB's at all. We only brought in Folk and Chestnut as Frosh and then had Simmons transfer in. And we now seem to be losing our best players early to the draft which kind of sucks but if we can keep back filling with higher end talent because of their results I guess we have to be fine with it. It sounds like its likely Garett Williams is gone after this one and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Chestnut eventually leaves early after a Sophomore season where he may have started 2 years. Honestly I think we should bring in at least 2 more DB's so we have 6 in the class.

On defense, maybe take on more LB and then we really need to focus on offense. I'm thinking we may forgo a QB this season with Lamson last year looking promising and then 2 freshman the year prior along with the walk on McPhail and then bringing in Shrader who is just a Soph. With the COVID year those guys have a lot of time left. That should improve our chances of landing more of an impact QB in 2022 class as recruits see a better pathway to playing time. Obviously if a really talented QB happens to fall in our laps we take him but that doesn't look likely this year. I want another RB, a TE, another couple WR's and at least 3 linemen but probably 4. That would put us at 21 or 22 guys though. But not sure how many can we bring in this class to not be over the 85 man scholarship limit.
dont you still have to stay 3 yrs though? chestnut cant leave until after his 3rd yr even if he starts all 3.

it’s rather easy to ignore when guys like Price are inexplicably dropped from 4 star to 3 star. nobody wins games on paper anyways.
Duce's rating was degraded too and he looks more than legit. When it comes to Rivals rankings and NJ prospects my suspicion is that the Rutgers site guys have some sort of sway over that.

With only having 85 scholarships available and a young team I think the most they take this year is 15 or 16. Maybe one portal. That leaves 4 or 5 spots.
2 OL
1 LB
1 DL

With only having 85 scholarships available and a young team I think the most they take this year is 15 or 16. Maybe one portal. That leaves 4 or 5 spots.
2 OL
1 LB
1 DL

...with the caveat that unexpected attrition happens every year. So I'd expect several scholarships that are currently occupied to free up -- especially now that players can transfer freely without having to sit out.

Duce's rating was degraded too and he looks more than legit. When it comes to Rivals rankings and NJ prospects my suspicion is that the Rutgers site guys have some sort of sway over that.
The 247 ratings are worthless. We just have Dom commit and like others he gets a 8366. That must be the fall back rating when they do not want to evaluate. Also not confident in their evaluation process.
Ranking excites fan bases and gives the players something to brag about but in the end all that matters is what you do when you get on the field.
Our two draft picks this year we’re an 85 and an 82. Believe Williams was an 82. Just a prime example ratings do not equal success.

The 247 ratings are worthless. We just have Dom commit and like others he gets a 8366. That must be the fall back rating when they do not want to evaluate. Also not confident in their evaluation process.
Ranking excites fan bases and gives the players something to brag about but in the end all that matters is what you do when you get on the field.
Our two draft picks this year we’re an 85 and an 82. Believe Williams was an 82. Just a prime example ratings do not equal success.
That's okay. They can keep not rating our guys so that other schools think that our recruits are not worth pursuing.

And then we pounce on our enemies from the shadows like a wildcat ninja and subject them to the iron fist of destiny

I was talking about Rivals specifically - there was some chatter over on their rivals site that he was too slow for Rutgers, they pulled their offer, etc...and his rating mysteriously declined right around the same time as that. Price had a similar circumstance.

The Rivals rankings of NJ recruits have a similar vibe to PA recruit rankings at 247 when Bob L was there.

859DB882-FD7E-4C2B-84AC-479BA0CA8251.jpeg

Funny thing about 2-4-7.

When Foster committed, I went to check out their ratings for the class. We actually DROPPED from #63 nationally to #65 after adding Foster, because he was unrated [zero stars].

I've also seen a 2-4-7 profile for him as a three-star, so not sure what's up there. But it shows the inherent flaws in how they calculate class rating.

Funny thing about 2-4-7.

When Foster committed, I went to check out their ratings for the class. We actually DROPPED from #63 nationally to #65 after adding Foster, because he was unrated [zero stars].

I've also seen a 2-4-7 profile for him as a three-star, so not sure what's up there. But it shows the inherent flaws in how they calculate class rating.

2-4-7 actually has a history button so you can see the ratings movement and corresponding dates. Foster had no rating the morning he committed and later that day was assigned the same .8366 rating that Quan Peterson got 3 days after committing to us and Cornell Perry got given 4 months after committing to us.

I thought that if you had good hands, you were on offense. if you don't, you are on defense. (Per Dino Babers)

2-4-7 actually has a history button so you can see the ratings movement and corresponding dates. Foster had no rating the morning he committed and later that day was assigned the same .8366 rating that Quan Peterson got 3 days after committing to us and Cornell Perry got given 4 months after committing to us.

If you go to Syracuse and aren't a walk-on, you're a 3-star. Book it.

I thought that if you had good hands, you were on offense. if you don't, you are on defense. (Per Dino Babers)

That's pretty much every coaches adage but we've had some DB's with better hands than some WR's in recent memory. Cisco vs Butler for example. Foster might be another one of those but hopefully our WR's are getting better.

Rivals

Price - March 9th '21 - 4 star, 5.8, 7th in the state
Price - August 19th '21 - 3 star, 5.5, 11th in the state

I guess it's justified since there has been so much football played between March and August of this year...meanwhile Rutgers commit Davison Igbinosun has leaped from 13th in the state to 7th and is now a 3 star 5.7 during the same period...

Similarly

Chestnut - Jun '20 - 4 star, 5.9, 4th in the state
Chestnut - Sep '20 - 4 star, 5.8, 7th in the state

Again, with all the football played between Jun and Sep I guess it's justified...however, ironically, Alijah Clark the Rutgers commit hit the Rivals 250 and was upgraded to 4th in the state in Sep, right when Duce was downgraded. Making him the #1 DB in NJ for 2020, which Duce had been previously.

Do people seriously believe Rutgers didn't want the 6th overall prospect in the state of NJ?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rivals

Price - March 9th '21 - 4 star, 5.8, 7th in the state
Price - August 19th '21 - 3 star, 5.5, 11th in the state

I guess it's justified since there has been so much football played between March and August of this year...meanwhile Rutgers commit Davison Igbinosun has leaped from 13th in the state to 7th and is now a 3 star 5.7 during the same period...

Similarly

Chestnut - Jun '20 - 4 star, 5.9, 4th in the state
Chestnut - Sep '20 - 4 star, 5.8, 7th in the state

Again, with all the football played between Jun and Sep I guess it's justified...however, ironically, Alijah Clark the Rutgers commit hit the Rivals 250 and was upgraded to 4th in the state in Sep, right when Duce was downgraded. Making him the #1 DB in NJ for 2020, which Duce had been previously.

Do people seriously believe Rutgers didn't want the 6th overall prospect in the state of NJ?

:rolleyes:

Are you serious that Price dropped to 5.5?