Class of 2024 - DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24)

Elizabeth isn't South Jersey, it's North.

Ahh... I didn't notice the town (just assumed in was South if D Thomas was involved.) Indeed, right next to Goethals Bridge...

You gotta think this is because they aren’t getting Harris or Chappell I’d presume. I do like this kids measurables though.,

Not everyone who comes on an official visit comes with an offer in hand. Has it been confirmed that he's been offered a scholarship?

I think this is more “Recruiting 101” from Coach Fran.
  • Bring in the highly rated high school recruits (even if there’s a low chance of flipping said player) and plant seeds in case they ever want to hit the portal later.
    • KJ Bolden, committed to UGA.
    • Koy Beasley, committed to Purdue.
    • Josh Philostin, committed to Indiana.
  • Do the same thing with the younger player in the portal. You may not get them now, but hopefully we have planted seeds in case the players hit the portal again as a grad transfer.
  • Be good to coaches in your recruiting hotbeds and treat their kids well without compromising your integrity.

I can see this young man getting a PWO offer (with a strong financial aid package) because...
  • He does have good measurables and could develop.
  • We need more walk-ons; only 3 walk-on DBs, and 2 walk-on WRs.
  • Our scholarship numbers are tight, and I don't see him bumping any current scholarship player from the roster. Although there is plenty of time between now and August.

Not everyone who comes on an official visit comes with an offer in hand. Has it been confirmed that he's been offered a scholarship?

• Bring in the highly rated high school recruits (even if there’s a low chance of flipping said player) and plant seeds in case they ever want to hit the portal later.
  • Do the same thing with the younger player in the portal. You may not get them now, but hopefully we have planted seeds in case the players hit the portal again as a grad transfer.
  • Be good to coaches in your recruiting hotbeds and treat their kids well without compromising your integrity.

I can see this young man getting a PWO offer (with a strong financial aid package) because...
  • Our scholarship numbers are tight, and I don't see him bumping any current scholarship player from the roster. Although there is plenty of time between now and August.
It did say in the article from Mike McAllister that McDaniels said he has a scholarship offer I believe.

The article posted by Mike said he was offered.

Mike has reported offers before that turned out to be PWO offers too. Not saying this is the case but until I see it reported that he's a signed a LOI then I'll reserve judgement on it.

Yeah - It sounds like a real offer, but it could be a PWO offer - below is what it says in the article and it's not specific on type of offer:

Class of 2024 Elizabeth (NJ) High defensive back Ibn McDaniels will officially visit Syracuse this coming weekend starting January 12th, he tells All Syracuse. McDaniels also says he holds an offer from the new coaching staff... Interestingly, McDaniels was on the radar of the previous staff thanks to Director of High School Relations Dennis Thomas. When Fran Brown took over as head coach, the staff evaluated McDaniels and extended an offer. Now he will be on campus this coming weekend to see if he sees a fit at Syracuse.

I was looking for information on McDaniels on 247 and found nothing on him. But, I did notice that the three NJ recruits that left the program:

Ranked #29 Zekai Wimberly - Three Star (85)
Ranked #30 Trashon Dye - Three Star (85)
Ranked #32 Travon Dye - Three Star (84)

were all ranked higher in NJ than:

Ranked #37 Braheem Long - Three Star (84)
Ranked #51 Fatim Diggs - Three Star (80)
Unranked Ibn McDaniels - Not in database

Just an observation.
The Diggs rating is ridiculous. With his senior season alone and offers should have been at least an .87.

I was looking for information on McDaniels on 247 and found nothing on him. But, I did notice that the three NJ recruits that left the program:

Ranked #29 Zekai Wimberly - Three Star (85)
Ranked #30 Trashon Dye - Three Star (85)
Ranked #32 Travon Dye - Three Star (84)

were all ranked higher in NJ than:

Ranked #37 Braheem Long - Three Star (84)
Ranked #51 Fatim Diggs - Three Star (80)
Unranked Ibn McDaniels - Not in database

Just an observation.
Well when all three of them blow up big time and play over and above these other recruits that are compared to, they will see how out of wack their ranking system is.

Well when all three of them blow up big time and play over and above these other recruits that are compared to, they will see how out of wack their ranking system is.
I don't even care if Diggs ever steps on the field, he helped us land his brother.

I'd also be surprised if we've offered a scholarship to Ibn.

I don't even care if Diggs ever steps on the field, he helped us land his brother.

I'd also be surprised if we've offered a scholarship to Ibn.
If Diggs is anywhere near enroute to being like his brother, it will be a huge win for us.
As far as Ibn, must be a whole lotta something that Fran Brown and staff saw that made him push the offer button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom