Class of 2024 - DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24)

He has the measurables Fran is looking for size, speed, and vertical.
IBN MCDANIELS 2024 ELIZABETH HS, ELIZABETH, NJ / VISITING 1/12
# DB/WR 6' 3" 195/ 34 TACKLES / 744 REC YDS 8 TDS/ 4.4 40/ 40" VJ

IBn-McDaniels-Twitter-profile-pic-@ibnmcdaniels1.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

PLAYS BOTH DB AND WR EQUALLY WELL

ON D:
GREAT TACKLING AND PEN FIELD TACKLING SKILLS
TACKLES LOW TO END RECEIVERS ROUTE IMMEDIATELY
HIP/HIP COVERAGE

ON O:
GREAT HANDS
CATCHES EVERYTHING
CAN GO VERY HIGH DUE TO VJ TO CATCH BALL OVER DEFENDER
MAKES DIFFICULT CATCHES
EXCELLENT ATHLETE

WOULD BE A GREAT GET

Think this was another player that was overlooked. If kids are not going to camps or 7 on 7 tournaments they will not get the exposure. Could have really blown up his senior season. I think Fran’s connections to New Jersey will get us these type of players. Look at Watson and his teammate.
I think every year Fran will add a couple of these types of players. Players he feel have the measurables and can excel. However unlike the last staffs it will be a select few players versus a majority of the team. The rest will be highly rated players.

I don't even care if Diggs ever steps on the field, he helped us land his brother.

I'd also be surprised if we've offered a scholarship to Ibn.
Could be building a relationship with the kid and his schools staff, or he has a relationship with someone down the Pike a few years from now that this will be a foot in the door with, or eventually a PWO.

Think this was another player that was overlooked. If kids are not going to camps or 7 on 7 tournaments they will not get the exposure. Could have really blown up his senior season. I think Fran’s connections to New Jersey will get us these type of players. Look at Watson and his teammate.
I think every year Fran will add a couple of these types of players. Players he feel have the measurables and can excel. However unlike the last staffs it will be a select few players versus a majority of the team. The rest will be highly rated players.
I see validity in this. Lots of kids don’t have the funds to spend on 7v7 or the camp circuit, or other pay to play accounts for exposure. This is likely especially true of inner city or economically challenged neighborhoods, like Camden, Paterson, Rahway, Elizabeth, Newark, etc. That is where Fran is from, and where he therefore built relationships with coaches and programs. He gets the word on these kids because the coaches know he can bring them out, like he did himself.

I see validity in this. Lots of kids don’t have the funds to spend on 7v7 or the camp circuit, or other pay to play accounts for exposure. This is likely especially true of inner city or economically challenged neighborhoods, like Camden, Paterson, Rahway, Elizabeth, Newark, etc. That is where Fran is from, and where he therefore built relationships with coaches and programs. He gets the word on these kids because the coaches know he can bring them out, like he did himself.
Love this

If you're going to take a flyer on under the radar guys, this is really what you want to see - someone with elite measurables who is a HS kid that was overlooked / late bloomer type.

Last edited:
Listen every school in the country takes a few fliers a class. Alabama to UConn. They all do. The thing is, Alabama takes a couple under the radar guys and UConn takes like 15 a class. I am not for one second gonna complain about taking an under the radar safety, that’s 6’3, 190 with a high vertical, fast 40 and seems pretty athletic. Is he raw? 100%
Does he need to play next year? Hell no
We have guys like Barron, Clark, Grant and Gould he is going to sit behind next year, watch, practice with and learn from.

Now in years past we probably took too many under the radar guys and it showed in our record. With that being said, we have the best recruiting class and transfer class we have had in 20+ years coming in. This class is LOADED. If we want to take a few fliers in classes like this, so be it. He’s got the measurables and he’s not going to be asked to play next year. This is how and the correct way you take an under the radar kid

Listen every school in the country takes a few fliers a class. Alabama to UConn. They all do. The thing is, Alabama takes a couple under the radar guys and UConn takes like 15 a class. I am not for one second gonna complain about taking an under the radar safety, that’s 6’3, 190 with a high vertical, fast 40 and seems pretty athletic. Is he raw? 100%
We have guys like Barron, Clark, Grant and Gould he is going to sit behind next year, watch, practice with and learn from.

Now in years past we probably took too many under the radar guys and it showed in our record. With that being said, we have the best recruiting class and transfer class we have had in 20+ years coming in. This class is LOADED. If we want to take a few fliers in classes like this, so be it. He’s got the measurables and he’s not going to be asked to play next year. This is how and the correct way you take an under the radar kid
A lot like Iffy, size, more speed, This is Frans
territory to teach him the position.

Kevyn Humes is still out there too although I'm not sure how likely he is with his offer list. Seems like ND is the team to beat.

Just watched his film. I would offer this kid a scholly.
I agree. I finally watched it too. Love how he doesn't give up on plays and he appears deceptively quick. Also saw a couple plays where he was clearly beat and closed and broke up passes. I believe his team wasn't very good and he was the best player on the team so I'm sure he was always going up against other team's #1 and having to compensate for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom