DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

Duce and Carter are not leaving to find better comp.
So they’re unhappy with White leaving? Or they want to be on a playoff team?

Kids often now even take up to 6 credits in online courses during this 3 -4 week college Christmas break.
They still need to be enrolled at their college of choice for spring ball though don’t they?

Athletically, you'd think Duce and Jahad should have been snapped up quickly. Could there be academic issues that make their situations complicated?
They're enjoying the courting and recruiting process. Also, if they are OSU prospects, they likely weren't entertaining anyone with prep for Georgia.
Administrators, coaches, bowl executives, and every other employee or owner in the workforce deserves to get paid. Even kids in college who work part-time should get paid (and pay taxes on what they receive). But that's where it should end. Being a student athlete on scholarship - that is, enrolling in an educational institution tuition-free and (secondarily) playing a sport - is not a "job". It's a gift you choose to accept. If it's for you and you qualify, fine. If not, I don't want a bunch of fat cats from the SEC turning the undergraduate educational system into a PFP farce and pretending it's "NIL for the kids". And that's what's happening.

They should pool their lucre and spend their time negotiating with the NFL players association to create a g-league option for college football players who want to get paid.
This isn't a viable point when said athletes aren't allowed to study what they want, but are put in a major to stay eligible. As said in another thread, go to Cuse.com right now and see how many are in CRS. What good is a gift if there are strings attached? It's not a gift, it's a contract.

They still need to be enrolled at their college of choice for spring ball though don’t they?

They also need to be enrolled as a full time student…..

14.4.3.1.2.1 Six-Hour Requirement for Transfer. A transfer student-athlete from a domestic two-year or four-year collegiate institution must complete six hours of academic credit during the previous term of full-time enrollment regardless of when the student-athlete enrolls in the certifying institution.

Not that I know of. In fact students on break sometimes enroll for online classes at a school they don’t attend. They might have to pay for these classes themselves, not covered by scholarship. Wouldn’t fulfill the full time enrollment requirement though for athletic transfer per the above info.

They're enjoying the courting and recruiting process. Also, if they are OSU prospects, they likely weren't entertaining anyone with prep for Georgia.

This isn't a viable point when said athletes aren't allowed to study what they want, but are put in a major to stay eligible. As said in another thread, go to Cuse.com right now and see how many are in CRS. What good is a gift if there are strings attached? It's not a gift, it's a contract.
"Gift" was figurative not literal. Yes it is a contractual relationship. That doesn't make students "employees". I would suggest that you read the Alston decision. It specifically states that the NCAA's anti-trust exemption (and the popularity of college athletics writ large) rests on the amateur model. The court's mention of "modest payments" was made in the context of equalizing benefits not recognizing an employment relationship (there isn't any).

Last edited:
Not that I know of. In fact students on break sometimes enroll for online classes at a school they don’t attend. They might have to pay for these classes themselves, not covered by scholarship. Wouldn’t fulfill the full time enrollment requirement though for athletic transfer per the above info.

Exactly

Basically anyone that entered the portal after the conclusion of the season needs to have a place to land by the spring semester unless they want to pay for school themselves.

The kids that transfer in the spring window just needed to attend school at whatever school they were previously attending during the spring semester.

Time to lock this up. Get the people that want to be here. A number of defensive players just left OSU in the past 24 hours. See if any fit the system.

It is been nice getting to know Ja’Had. I am gonna miss him. I hope he makes a lot of money and can really help his family. It is fortunate Tony played a lot of players in defense and we have some depth and talent to replace him.

Good luck to Ja’Had in Columbus.
Amen. I hope he really can help his family out. Will really miss watching him play.

Wish he stayed but if getting bank from one of the top 4 teams running the last decade helps him and his family, then good luck to him. For those saying Babers can't find talent and develop it, here's a good example otherwise.

Can’t be mad at that. Says a lot about our coaching staff, particularly Coach Monroe, that he can identify and coach up DB talent to the level that the actual DBU in Ohio State is snatching up one of our safeties. And obviously he’s already sent players like Andre, Trill, and Iffy to the league. Keep the Swag Daddy on the hill as long as physically possible.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom