DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

If Carter is an OSU target, you're out of your mind if you don't think he can take the starting safety job after last night's game.

After watching those games yesterday his value just went up.

The QB’s, WR’s and TE’s that played last night would probably abuse him too. He didn’t play against offensive talent like that this year. Not even close.
He did play against talent like that this season and did pretty well against it. ND and Purdue TE, Flowers and Jones at WR, Hartman is a better QB than any of the four that played yesterday.

He did play against talent like that this season and did pretty well against it. ND and Purdue TE, Flowers and Jones at WR, Hartman is a better QB than any of the four that played yesterday.

Better than CJ Stroud?!? No, he is not. He's not better than Bennett either.

I don’t think ND or Purdue are in the same stratosphere offensively as the teams in the finale four.

Well Gould and Bellamy haven’t played much, if at all so of course these “rankings” won’t be the same. We are gaining two, super talented young players with multi-years of eligibility. Very happy with how they recovered. It’s what schools like Syracuse are going to have to do.
FWIW Gould and Bellamy kept their original HS ranking of 90 and 88 respectively.

I would take Stroud and Duggan in a heartbeat over Hartman. I'll be interested to see how he does at ND. He played in an offense original to itself with that RPO mesh handoff offense. It's almost like a ginnick offense.

What we saw last night from Stroud, Duggan, and even Bennett was top shelf stuff. None of the teams we played this year compare to anything like that. We saw Clemson (With no opt outs) get handled by Tennessee without their all SEC starter. The closest would be ND who beat a hot uSC with a backup QB, but their QB when we played them couldn't even sniff the level of talent on the offensive sides of the field last night

Last edited:
Based off last night's game he could start for UGA and TCU and Michigan. I hate the 7on 7 game college football is becoming.
It looks like arena football, I like to see defense too, dueling scores where no defense is played doesn't seem like real football

If Hartman is better than the Heisman runner up and a projected top 5 pick, why is he transferring instead of declaring for the draft?

He will make more $ at ND than in his first year in the NFL
Because he won't be a high pick. For elite guys it makes sense to get the clock moving on the rookie contract so they can get to the second one.

I think some people are influenced by the bright lights of the playoff games. You can't tell me Hartman wouldnt have killed it and been a strong Heisman candidate if he played for GA or TCU. Duggan is as gritty as they come but Ive seen him miss several throws in games. Bennett is surrounded by great skill guys. He has moxy and makes plays at the end of games but he doesnt have NFL upside. Hartman has done more with less and I dont blame him for wanting the chance to take ND to a chip game and make a few dollars in the process.

I think some people are influenced by the bright lights of the playoff games. You can't tell me Hartman wouldnt have killed it and been a strong Heisman candidate if he played for GA or TCU. Duggan is as gritty as they come but Ive seen him miss several throws in games. Bennett is surrounded by great skill guys. He has moxy and makes plays at the end of games but he doesnt have NFL upside. Hartman has done more with less and I dont blame him for wanting the chance to take ND to a chip game and make a few dollars in the process.
I think Wake has good skill people - especially at WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom