DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

Dino- pound the portal, try to keep guys who are entering the portal, try to keep guys in the class of 23, get ready for the bowl game when you are not sure who is leaving, staying, playing. And hire a D coordinator while you are at it. Sounds like fun.

That's the JOB

1671045119715.gif

Roster management has to be eating up much more of the HC's time than it used to. Does that mean less time spent on game prep and player development? There's only 24 hours in a day, after all.
It’s covered

UH OH WAIT DO WE HATE HIM AGAIN OR NO IM NOT SURE HOW DOES THIS WORK?

Let these kids do their thing.

Kids DC left, from FL, maybe got a bag offer which we countered.

Get over it. Glad to have you back Jeremiah. Do what you want.

It also hurts your teammates and of course, the staff, especially while preparing for a bowl game. Has to be a distraction at the least, make it more difficult to prepare. All of a sudden, a bowl game isn’t a big deal for these kids?

Makes me think that they know their destination already or are getting pressure from their new team to declare now threatening them with losing a spot. Otherwise why not just tell the staff, keep it private, but be prepared to play in the game with your teammates. Am I missing some other facets that make these early portal announcements public right before a bowl game a good move? Why not wait 3 weeks? Like getting out of practice and heading to the new destination well before 2nd semester? I’m probably dumb or naive about this stuff.

Athletes don't think the school gives back nearly enough for what they give and this has been constant forever. Their teammates mostly want what's best for the individual players vs the program. I know you are tapped in, so you can disagree, but I 100% stand by those statements.

Of course these deals are done before they jump, we should be doing that too. That's the way it works across the board for coveted players. The process is a formality. This way they get in before the new semester.

Mid level bowl game when you have a deal done just means potential injury and a potential new landing spot for more money is pulled.

I would love if they could, but they can't, in practice. It's a zero sum game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom