DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

You put your cornerback in, you take your cornerback out, you put your cornerback in and you shake him all about. He gets a bag of money and he turns his ass around...that's what college sports are all about.

You put your cornerback in, you take your cornerback out, you put your cornerback in and you shake him all about. He gets a bag of money and he turns his ass around...that's what college sports are all about.

Truer words have never been spoken!

I even composed a little ditty to go with it. I made it up all by myself, completely original.

It's the best, most original ditty ever.

Many people are saying it is their favorite ditty, and I'm the one who wrote it.
You may not know this, but nobody has done more for ditties than I have.

Huge! Especially for the bowl game. He’ll probably be starting opposite Johnson.

This already makes me feel better about corner for next year now.

You have a top 3 of
Johnson
Gould
Wilson

Bummer that Duce is leaving but those 3 are no slouches and are a very good top 3. Not to mention I’m sure a guy or two of the younger guys from this years class and the year before will step up as well

Huge! Especially for the bowl game. He’ll probably be starting opposite Johnson.

This already makes me feel better about corner for next year now.

You have a top 3 of
Johnson
Gould
Wilson

Bummer that Duce is leaving but those 3 are no slouches and are a very good top 3. Not to mention I’m sure a guy or two of the younger guys from this years class and the year before will step up as well
Yup, if there are 3 places on our defense I don’t worry about who is up next its in the order

LB
CB
DE/Edge

In addition, when these kids leave Syracuse I could care less where they go or what they do afterwards. All I know is they aren't at Syracuse anymore. I wish them the best in future endeavors and hope they find what they are looking for but there are simply too many that leave now to continue to follow them. Not like when there was 1 or 2 that you could keep an eye on. Simply could care less but to each his own. I am a Syracuse fan.
100% . I cheer for Cuse. Hope they do well but could care less.

Now if we could just get Linton to unportal! As the dust has settled, I honestly don't care that much about Duce leaving. He was great, I think he was very meh this year. Middle of the road ACC corner. Wilson has a higher ceiling IMO and Linton has length you can't teach.
No way. Duce is a great corner, sure he got beat sometimes but the great ones do also. He's lockdown, a sure tackler and tough (he played hurt a lot, came out of games, tented and went back in). He's got a good shot at the NFL.

Dino- pound the portal, try to keep guys who are entering the portal, try to keep guys in the class of 23, get ready for the bowl game when you are not sure who is leaving, staying, playing. And hire a D coordinator while you are at it. Sounds like fun.

That's the JOB
That's why he's the highest paid SU employee.

No way. Duce is a great corner, sure he got beat sometimes but the great ones do also. He's lockdown, a sure tackler and tough (he played hurt a lot, came out of games, tented and went back in). He's got a good shot at the NFL.
Duce made the team better with his play and being a great ambassador for SU with NJ players. Losing Duce hurts. As someone else said, the portal giveth and the portal takes away too. Overall we are doing OK so far.

Duce didnt have the eye popping moments he had as a freshman but he was steady. He has that aggressive tight coverage ability that coaches like. Good instincts and tackle ability. Brings confidence to the unit. His aggressiveness makes him susceptible to double moves but teams are willing to trade off on that. I can see him as a nickle corner if he makes the leauge. I look forward to seeing what the next group of guys do.

Duce didnt have the eye popping moments he had as a freshman but he was steady. He has that aggressive tight coverage ability that coaches like. Good instincts and tackle ability. Brings confidence to the unit. His aggressiveness makes him susceptible to double moves but teams are willing to trade off on that. I can see him as a nickle corner if he makes the leauge
He's a very good player, just regressed a bit quite honestly this year compared to last year. We've seen that with other players hitting the sophomore slump a bit, doesn't mean he's not going to rebound from that.

Oddly though as far as Jeremiah Wilson is concerned, I think he technically counts as a commitment now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom