DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

Can somebody please explain to me why all these transfers announce before the bowl game? Can't wait two more weeks and finish out the season?

Can somebody please explain to me why all these transfers announce before the bowl game? Can't wait two more weeks and finish out the season?
the portal is FIFO. Why wait and have opportunities evaporate.

I don't think he would have bumped Chestnut or Johnson from the starting line, but he absolutely would have played a ton as the first cb to see the field from the second line.
Agree, he was clearly our 3rd CB once Garrett went down.

I suspect this will lead to us taking a transfer who plays CB. Let's see what happens.

Liked Wilson but he was too small and weak to play this year. He got picked on a lot and was just not physically ready to play. Another year or two in the weight room will really help his game.

Not knocking the young man but it feels like guys don’t want to grind it out anymore til a spot opens.

Not knocking the young man but it feels like guys don’t want to grind it out anymore til a spot opens.
This.

I think in the age of immediate eligibility, if you have talent and it looks like you might not start, you look elsewhere.

Really promising players who are the next man up and are guaranteed a lot of playing time will still choose to go elsewhere if it looks like they are not going to start the season as a starter.

It really puts a premium on having quality depth. But quality depth leads to transfers.

Catch 22. I am glad I am not a college football coach right now. It has to be maddening.

This.

I think in the age of immediate eligibility, if you have talent and it looks like you might not start, you look elsewhere.

Really promising players who are the next man up and are guaranteed a lot of playing time will still choose to go elsewhere if it looks like they are not going to start the season as a starter.

It really puts a premium on having quality depth. But quality depth leads to transfers.

Catch 22. I am glad I am not a college football coach right now. It has to be maddening.

or

players commit to coaches and not schools

What makes you think that? He played a lot as a true freshman. Over Delaine and Peterson.
It’s not so much him specifically (though he is included). We’re seeing players who seemingly are a good fit, are getting playing time and still hitting the portal. Is there really such a thing as a starter in a contact sport?

A player such as Wilson would have gotten his if he waited. I’m not the only person who thinks this btw, I even saw an Alabama commit say the same thing today about the portal.

It’s not so much him specifically (though he is included). We’re seeing players who seemingly are a good fit, are getting playing time and still hitting the portal. Is there really such a thing as a starter in a contact sport?

A player such as Wilson would have gotten his if he waited. I’m not the only person who thinks this btw, I even saw an Alabama commit say the same thing today about the portal.
You cant possible think you know why he's transferring. Do you?

You cant possible think you know why he's transferring. Do you?
No more than you. Am I allowed to have an opinion as a fan as to the current landscape of the sport I cheer on and am invested in, or should I just shut up and not say anything?

No more than you. Am I allowed to have an opinion as a fan as to the current landscape of the sport I cheer on and am invested in, or should I just shut up and not say anything?
What are you talking about? I was asking you a question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom