Class of 2025 - DB Jordan Gibbs (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/24/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Jordan Gibbs (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/24/24)

Well, one thing is for certain. He is considerably faster than our last player from Longwood High School, one Omari Palmer, now called Odyssey Jones by those who follow professional wrestling.

View attachment 239084
Not a sprinter.
He looks uncomfortable

#1 Recruiter in 2023 steals a kid that runs a 4.29. I say Jordan, can't wait to see you in the Dome! Orange is the new faster!!!!

Hold on - Jordan's 40 was not available so I use milesplit.com and his 11.3 100m converts to a 4.7. 40

Try it yourself - Running Conversion Calculator | Track & Field and Cross Country Event Conversions | Metric to English

The rating sites sometime for a great or even a good recruit have very little information unfortunately.
He has a 55m time which I think would be better to use, which I see you have now done.

Here are 2 calculators:
55m to 60m
60m to 40 yds

RF2044 - The times Legacy listed are his exact times listed on Milesplit.com Go to the site and convert it yourself.

He has no 40 listed by any other site and the ratings boys don't either. It's frustrating when you have a good recruit and his 40 as well as wgt. room stats, etc. are missing and you either search or convert a 100m or 60m.

Actually when I went back his time is a 4.71.

Bill, I appreciate what you were trying to do -- but extrapolating a 40 time isn't the same as reporting one that is officially timed.

Despite the missing 40 time, we had other track "comps" that suggested that the kid was blazing fast. There is no way using logic or empirical evidence that he was a 4.71. It wouldn't make sense for that position, and there would be no reason for Fran Brown to recruit a CB with that type of speed [or lack thereof].

For the record, I also don't believe / take at face value the 4.29 estimate -- because it wasn't officially timed, either -- it's just another projection. And also because very few people are capable of running that fast.

But no doubt, this kid is fast!

Last edited:
Somehow missed this commitment in the midst of the others the last few days!
boom smile GIF

Bill, I appreciate what you were trying to do -- but extrapolating a 40 time isn't the same as reporting one that is officially timed.

Despite the missing 40 time, we had other track "comps" that suggested that the kid was blazing fast. There is no way using logic or empirical evidence that he was a 4.71. It wouldn't make sense for that position, and there would be no reason for Fran Brown to recruit a CB with that type of speed [or lack thereof].

For the record, I also don't believe / take at face value the 4.29 estimate -- because it wasn't officially timed, either -- it's just another projection. And also because very few people are capable of running that fast.

But no doubt, this kid is fast!
RF2044,

Thank you!

I try to get all the information possible on an offered recruit in each evaluation.

Sometimes doing these evaluations, the only way to get a 40 time is to do a conversion, either because the player is not a sprinter and has not done an officially (FAT - Fully Automated Time) timed 40, or has only run meters 55m, 60 m, 100 m which is official timing, the rating sites have no 40 which 75% of the time all of them have very little statistical information so I go search for it, be it HT/ WT, weight room stats etc.

I had to convert, and I understand that the time is not an officially timed 40, but it was all I had to go by. Very few times on this board are FAT times - the schools do not, unless the player is a sprinter and also runs track, have the equipment set up to time races.

So, I go to MileSplit to get an official time IF they have it. Most recruits who are as fast as he is are running track - eg: "The Longwood star from Long Island is one of New York State's top sprinters as well, and has logged a 6.45 second 55M time according to MileSplit." Rivals.

The only way you are going to get an officially run 40 on Gibbs is if he runs one and it is reported, or if he visits and they have him run a 40. Otherwise as you say, "this kid is fast."

Last edited:
Where does Gibbs fall in Tomcat’s NYS rankings? Don’t see him in there, yet unless I missed him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom