Class of 2025 - DB Jordan Gibbs (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/24/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Jordan Gibbs (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/24/24)

New York representing so far. Fran hit the scene in a New York Minute.
darts win GIF

So basically Fran takes commitments from guys that are highly rated and have like 20 offers. Or they are going to have no offers but can run like a cheetah. I see how this is going lol
This is the first time you have witnessed what they are doing with a full cycle. Everywhere else he’s been part of the job was evaluating talent, not just relying on recruiting service rankings.

if under the radar kids are given commitable offers this early, there’s a reason

And for the record that last post was not a shot at Fran and staff by any means. They have obviously proven they can recruit at a very level and can hear too. It’s just funny seeing us get dudes with 20+ offers that everyone wants. Then we get dudes that literally don’t even have a recruiting profile lol

As long as we are taking more of the 20+ offer dudes than dudes with no offers I am fine with it.
I will also say, the dudes that Fran is taking with no offers all have a common theme. They are all lengthy, athletic and can run like the wind. Those are flyers you wanna take.

Compare that to flyers Dino and moreso shafer took. Where they would be undersized and not very fast, only being looked at by MAC or FCS schools. At least Frans flyers are lengthy, tall, athletic and very fast. Those guys have a much higher hit/success rate

And for the record that last post was not a shot at Fran and staff by any means. They have obviously proven they can recruit at a very level and can hear too. It’s just funny seeing us get dudes with 20+ offers that everyone wants. Then we get dudes that literally don’t even have a recruiting profile lol

As long as we are taking more of the 20+ offer dudes than dudes with no offers I am fine with it.
I will also say, the dudes that Fran is taking with no offers all have a common theme. They are all lengthy, athletic and can run like the wind. Those are flyers you wanna take.

Compare that to flyers Dino and moreso shafer took. Where they would be undersized and not very fast, only being looked at by MAC or FCS schools. At least Frans flyers are lengthy, tall, athletic and very fast. Those guys have a much higher hit/success rate
We’re going to have a mixture. And that’s the way it should be. They’ll be diamonds the staff likes that are either later bloomers or slipped through the cracks and there will be top 300 type recruits as well.

Dino’s flyers started to shift from the front end flyers to the late back end JUCO flyers and that’s never a good shift.

Again giving this staff the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise…but I don’t get why not wait! If the big boys start coming after him he’ll get poached anyway. And if they don’t, this is a late take.

Just don’t see it early on in the process.

Again giving this staff the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise…but I don’t get why not wait! If the big boys start coming after him he’ll get poached anyway. And if they don’t, this is a late take.

In the past, yes.

Now? I do not believe it's going to be as easy.

I wonder if it’s partly to build loyalty so they are less likely to portal later or to help build pipelines to schools for the future.

Why wait on a guy you want? Logically, this makes zero sense. Wait to see if other guys think hea good if you already think hes good. Then, you lose him because you waited and didnt trust your own evaluation process?

There are special teams, and I remember when Scott was sending players like Ellison who was 5'9 and 170 lbs down to tackle.
At least players like this have size and speed to make tackles.
Or be punt and kickoff return players.

I wonder if it’s partly to build loyalty so they are less likely to portal later or to help build pipelines to schools for the future.
Totally agree. If that’s the rationale then I’m all for it.

Again I said giving Fran and Crew benefit to evaluation especially since they talk and know way more than sites. But just interesting.

Why wait on a guy you want? Logically, this makes zero sense. Wait to see if other guys think hea good if you already think hes good. Then, you lose him because you waited and didnt trust your own evaluation process?
I never said don’t talk to them, maintain awesome relationships and keep them super interested. That’s what every school does. Tons of schools have offers that are acceptable til a certain point.

You start taking 5-6 guys this early and then have a few guys who either late bloom and blow up (that we don’t have) or highly ranked Top 400 players that see the season we have and want to be a part of it.

I know I know, “then they will find a spot for them”

I don't mind it. While our NIL fund isn't nothing, we don't have the resources to sign a full class of 4 and 5 stars. If you find someone under the radar you like, makes sense to grab and gives you more flexibility on a few higher rated prospects/transfers

So basically Fran takes commitments from guys that are highly rated and have like 20 offers. Or they are going to have no offers but can run like a cheetah. I see how this is going lol
See how they develop. JB said you can't teach size, I imagine FB says you can't teach speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom