Class of 2024 - DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24)

He could still pontentially enroll for the spring. Especially if he already knows where he’s going. Classes don’t start until 1/16 and registration for classes right before.
One article says he has the credits for early enrollment but needs to discuss things with his school and work out some details. So I guess it is possible.

Pretty late now though….

• He has all the credits to enroll early. That’s no problem, but that still needs to be sorted out because he is at a private school. Barnes has had some encouraging talks that they will work with him on that if that is the route he wants to take.

why was i trying to convince myself the AA game was in Orlando on Wednesday? LOL.

One article says he has the credits for early enrollment but needs to discuss things with his school and work out some details. So I guess it is possible.

Pretty late now though….

• He has all the credits to enroll early. That’s no problem, but that still needs to be sorted out because he is at a private school. Barnes has had some encouraging talks that they will work with him on that if that is the route he wants to take.

It won't matter the kid is going to start by the start of the ACC schedule regardless of when he gets on campus.

I don't know if it's been discussed here, but his father is the founder and lead pastor of a church in Chattanooga. I am not a particularly religious person, but Coach Fran has discussed his faith, and seems to be very clear in his motivation and purpose. That must resinate with kids like Marcellus, KingJoseph, and their families.

True highschool all american picking Syracuse over Georgia and Ole Miss sure would be nice.

1000006670.jpg

I don't know if it's been discussed here, but his father is the founder and lead pastor of a church in Chattanooga. I am not a particularly religious person, but Coach Fran has discussed his faith, and seems to be very clear in his motivation and purpose. That must resinate with kids like Marcellus, KingJoseph, and their families.
Gee maybe there’s something to sincere religious belief that makes one authentic. Just a thought :)

It won't matter the kid is going to start by the start of the ACC schedule regardless of when he gets on campus.
I still disagree. Its a HUGE step to start at this level without spring camp. He may mentslly be prepared with camp but physically he wont strength wise. he needs sometime. He may play a lot but he wont start.

I still disagree. Its a HUGE step to start at this level without spring camp. He may mentslly be prepared with camp but physically he wont strength wise. he needs sometime. He may play a lot but he wont start.

I’m witcha.

The Frosh who we’ve had come in and start or be very effective have almost always been the early enrollees.

It’s incredibly rare for a HS kid to join the team in the summer, and then really ball out his first season.

I’m witcha.

The Frosh who we’ve had come in and start or be very effective have almost always been the early enrollees.

It’s incredibly rare for a HS kid to join the team in the summer, and then really ball out his first season.
Yeah he definitely needs to get in early. I hope he makes it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom