Class of 2024 - DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24)

IMG_9195.jpeg

Might mean something. Might mean nothing.

They can downgrade our recruits all they want, but if (when?) Barnes picks up that Syracuse hat, bookended by Georgia and Ole Miss hats, off the table on national tv at the All American Bowl - they won’t be able to deny HCFB is well on his way to restoring Syracuse to it’s former glory.

When is the last time we had a recruit do that?

An On3 national analyst discussed Barnes in a piece today. Subscriber exclusive, so not appropriate to share details, but based on that report and others I've seen, SU looks to be in good shape here. No guarantees, but trending in the right direction for him.

If he's going to commit here, I think there's value to the program to have him remain a silent commit and announce during the All American game. I would start to worry if a couple more CB prospects pop up if/when Beasley and Philostin sign elsewhere on Wednesday.