Class of 2014 - DB Mcquell Cotton - Offer | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Mcquell Cotton - Offer

I try not to read things into Twitter but fwiw he was supposed to announce today, possibly to Iowa State, but has put it off for at least a month. The odd thing is that yesterday he retweeted Rodney Williams tweet about being offered by Syracuse. Could a visit in the works?

I try not to read things into Twitter but fwiw he was supposed to announce today, possibly to Iowa State, but has put it off for at least a month. The odd thing is that yesterday he retweeted Rodney Williams tweet about being offered by Syracuse. Could a visit in the works?

him postponing is definitely good news for Syracuse, and bad news for Iowa St. Now we just have to get the kid on campus

him postponing is definitely good news for Syracuse, and bad news for Iowa St. Now we just have to get the kid on campus

Do you know if this is who Moskal has been working on recruiting?

Do you know if this is who Moskal has been working on recruiting?

I'm not exactly sure what CORE6 is? It may be a football strength & conditioning program for football players out in the Chicago area, but I know Moskal is a member and so is Sykes, so it would be interesting to know if he has been in his ear. I know Sykes was congratulating Moskal on his commitment. I believe O'Fallon, is across the state though?

I'm not exactly sure what CORE6 is? It may be a football strength & conditioning program for football players out in the Chicago area, but I know Moskal is a member and so is Sykes, so it would be interesting to know if he has been in his ear. I know Sykes was congratulating Moskal on his commitment. I believe O'Fallon, is across the state though?

http://www.core6athletes.com/

why didn't i think of that haha. thanks for that. either way we have a good "in" with Moskal. Let's hope he can work some relationships.

Thought perhaps you were browsing on your phone so just trying to help out.

I live in the Chicago burbs, Core 6 is a big deal, our staff getting any kind of "in" with Core 6 is great. Haven't heard of any specific visit date for Cotton, if he held up his decision so he can visit SU, then we are a serious player for him. Get him here and we could grab him from ISU's evil Big 12 clutches.

I live in the Chicago burbs, Core 6 is a big deal, our staff getting any kind of "in" with Core 6 is great. Haven't heard of any specific visit date for Cotton, if he held up his decision so he can visit SU, then we are a serious player for him. Get him here and we could grab him from ISU's evil Big 12 clutches.
Isn't Colton Moskal core 6?

The only draw back with recruiting so far away from home, otherwise both he and Sykes (other reasons) may have already visited. Hopefully he can wait it out another month and try to make it on an official

1. Micquell cotton@mqisking9
    18h
    I smile a lot but people don't know the inside of my unhappiness
    Expand
  2. Orange44Pride@Orange44Pride
    9h
    @mqisking9 come be happy in our #CuseFamily #ThinkOrange
    Expand
  3. Micquell cotton@mqisking9
    8h
    @Orange44Pride send money for me to visit the cuse! Lol

Hopefully Cotton and Sykes will be patient and wait for officials so they are able to visit SU before they decide to commit.

The only draw back with recruiting so far away from home, otherwise both he and Sykes (other reasons) may have already visited. Hopefully he can wait it out another month and try to make it on an official

1. Micquell cotton@mqisking9
    18h
    I smile a lot but people don't know the inside of my unhappiness
    Expand
  2. 14b985059c29a263bcb404b18dc2ca8e_normal.jpeg
    Orange44Pride@Orange44Pride
    9h
    @mqisking9 come be happy in our #CuseFamily #ThinkOrange
    Expand
  3. c5c6cd70eaf5824dc8775424f7f03d22_normal.jpeg
    Micquell cotton@mqisking9
    8h
    @Orange44Pride send money for me to visit the cuse! Lol

The St. Louis area will be tough to recruit for a number of reasons but distance and cost for the kids to get up here has to be near the top of the list. Since the recruiting calendar is inching backwards every year with more and more kids making decisions in the spring and summer before their senior years (when you can't pay their way for a campus visit), this would seem to me all the more reason to focus most if not all of your attention on your backyard. I'd like to see what DeAndre Smith could do downstate and in New Jersey. Lord knows Moore could use as much help as he can get.

I call BS

Kids from all over the country somehow find their way to Bama or Notre Dame from across the country

It is all about true interest and desire

I call BS

Kids from all over the country somehow find their way to Bama or Notre Dame from across the country

It is all about true interest and desire

You don't know every kids' situation.
Let me put it this way...in some cases there are extenuating circumstances.

The St. Louis area will be tough to recruit for a number of reasons but distance and cost for the kids to get up here has to be near the top of the list. Since the recruiting calendar is inching backwards every year with more and more kids making decisions in the spring and summer before their senior years (when you can't pay their way for a campus visit), this would seem to me all the more reason to focus most if not all of your attention on your backyard. I'd like to see what DeAndre Smith could do downstate and in New Jersey. Lord knows Moore could use as much help as he can get.

Syracuse to St. Louis - 886 miles
Syracuse to Miami - 1216 miles

Should we stop offering south florida kids as well?

Syracuse to St. Louis - 886 miles
Syracuse to Miami - 1216 miles

Should we stop offering south florida kids as well?

There are cheap direct flights to Florida from all over the country, including from Syracuse. St. Louis, not so much. When St. Louis becomes a vacation hotspot, then it'll be worth it. Not to mention that S. Florida by itself produces 5x as many D-1 recruits as IL and MO combined and happens to be within our conference's footprint.

I've made my point and I'll drop it now. I think concentrating our efforts in the 6-hour radius and after that the Eastern Seaboard is a far better expenditure of the staff's time and available resources than chasing kids anywhere beyond OH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom