Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

• 11:02 AM - 20 Feb 2015
    Patrice Rene ‏@PatriceRene6 44s44 seconds ago
    BC">
    1f4af.png
    1f64c.png
    #WarEagles pic.twitter.com/rkF9M4eAlo

The bright lights of BC? That's like saying the glitz and glamour of Akron. :cool:

I felt strongly that Patrice would be one of those special recruits that wouldn't get blinded by the bright lights. Looks like I was wrong.

They usually do.

Seems to be hot and heavy on OSU and Penn St.

Seems to be hot and heavy on OSU and Penn St.

Yep, there's the glitz and glam I meant.

Too bad to, safety is one of our biggest needs this class.

He's visiting Wake, Duke and Carolina this week. Seems odd for a kid that was high on OH St and PSU

Might just be doing his due diligence. Kind of like Washington who has visited pretty much every school that has offered(many as we know). Either way I think this ship has sailed

Rene was one of my favorite recruits, but it looks like we are out of it. Listed Rutgers, Duke, UNC, tOSU, and VT as leaders. Very disappointing.

Believe it or not Rutgers seems to be the favorite to land Rene. Makes me sick.

Well Rutgers has been doing those camps in Canada for awhile but why would a player pick them instead of Ohio State...if they had a commitable offer.

wow, can't say I saw that coming. Have to give Flood props for grabbing him.

I have no idea how they got that big of a jump on us. I read though that the director of their football program over in Canada has a strong relationship with one of the coaches on the RU team. I also read how he"Rene" is promoting two other really good players to go to RU. He quote as saying they all grew up together and were like brothers. Sound familiar anyone? Of course this was read from a NJ sports paper. I hope we are on these other two kids somewhat.

Said in a few threads Rutgers is just out hustling us, and anybody else who wants to get a jump on these Canadian kids. Rene won't be that last one either. Vilijan, , and Sutherland are also very interested. RU was the only program to actually send coaches to Canada.

This sucks big time for us. Is the world falling? No, but Rene is an elite type of recruit we had a huge jump on, but when it came down to it we weren't even in the picture. Him choosing RU is just an extra kick in the sack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom