Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

As anomander has said, it goes both ways. You have to show the love to get the love. The kid felt like Rutgers showed the love more frequently.

Yes it goes both ways but if you can't have face to face visits until after the start of their senior year and are not allowed by your conference to have camps off campus what exactly do you want the staff to do besides dm and send mail.

Yes it goes both ways but if you can't have face to face visits until after the start of their senior year and are not allowed by your conference to have camps off campus what exactly do you want the staff to do besides dm and send mail.

Wasn't aware that was the rule, but that makes sense.

Need to lobby for changes in ACC bylaws then, if it's prohibitive to recruiting top student-athletes.

I understand a few conferences allow it and a few don't, but until there's legislation passed that either prohibits or allows throughout big-time college football, you need to keep up with the joneses. Especially for programs not names Florida State, Clemson, etc.

Wasn't aware that was the rule, but that makes sense.

Need to lobby for changes in ACC bylaws then, if it's prohibitive to recruiting top student-athletes.

I understand a few conferences allow it and a few don't, but until there's legislation passed that either prohibits or allows throughout big-time college football, you need to keep up with the joneses. Especially for programs not names Florida State, Clemson, etc.

I doubt that it is going to change. And btw y'all do realize that Rene wasn't playing or attending school in Canada this past year. He was in Virginia.

I doubt that it is going to change. And btw y'all do realize that Rene wasn't playing or attending school in Canada this past year. He was in Virginia.

Yea those two other top Canadians in 2017 are going to the same school in VA also, Whats the link between Episcopal HS and Canadian players?

I love
Fine but besides meeting with the coaches of these kids in Canada for evaluations, which only so many are allowed during specific periods during recruiting, there are no home visits or face to face visits allowed until after the start of the Senior year. Unfortunately these kids need to make the effort and visit Syracuse. Rene made multiple visits to Rutgers and Ohio State.

Rene has probably visited Syracuse more then any prospect I am aware of. I guess he just didn't like what we're selling.

At this point in time it doesn't make any difference, who did what, time to let it go. Time to move on to players we are recruiting, time to lock this thread.

Hey what can I say if they feel sorry:noidea: When was the last time one of them played here? Georgia/Florida produces far more talent than all of Canada and we are currently in good company in those states and getting high quality players that are very respectful when you meet them in person. And I love it when Canadian Citizens show up in the dome as they are great fans to be around,but Canadian football players are just not connecting here...like I said I am not losing sleep over this. Next recruit up...

I'm not arguing that, but with SU's proximity to Canada, and the success other sports have had recruiting there, I'm saying that it's still worth keeping that door open. My point is that there are athletes there, who like the NYC kids, might fly under the radar and be worthwhile additions like the guys I mentioned.

Rene's verbal commit to Rutgers appeared in the ESPNU ticker a little while ago.
The ticker listed four other schools that he also had offers from. No Syracuse mention.

I'm not arguing that, but with SU's proximity to Canada, and the success other sports have had recruiting there, I'm saying that it's still worth keeping that door open. My point is that there are athletes there, who like the NYC kids, might fly under the radar and be worthwhile additions like the guys I mentioned.
YEAH...I fully get your point of view, but it's an area i would not put an assistant up there chasing every lead FULL TIME.....Time will tell how much or didn't to what kind of player he might have been.

YEAH...I fully get your point of view, but it's an area i would not put an assistant up there chasing every lead FULL TIME...Time will tell how much or didn't to what kind of player he might have been.

Actually I think the SU staff has done a good job bringing these kids to Syracuse to camp. I'm not suggesting that SU sends a staff member to Manitoba chasing leads, but merely that keeping this relationship going into the future is worthwhile. We are talking about a 4 star kid, so it's not like this was wasted resources.

Guess we'll never hear from him again. Much better than watching recruits we wanted playing against us or at big media coverage factory schools.

Ok, so I know we weren't really in his top schools at the end, but now that Rutgers is burning, any chance we go after him?

I don't know. There is something a little off with this recruitment.

:(

I want more canucks in the cuse we should be recruiting Canada better considering the location, and Syracuse is tied with Michigan for most fans probably throughout the country.

What do you mean?

I was just looking back at in the thread when everything seemed to be pointing at OH St and PSU and we all seemed to think he would end up at one of those two school. Then he started visiting a lot of ACC schools but ended up picking RU. That's all.

I was just looking back at in the thread when everything seemed to be pointing at OH St and PSU and we all seemed to think he would end up at one of those two school. Then he started visiting a lot of ACC schools but ended up picking RU. That's all.
There's something shady with his recruitment and buttgers.
I heard that on his official visit to Rutgers, his host asked him if he needed anything. He jokingly said a TV. The host made a text and a half hour later, a few teammates handed him a new 55 inch flat screen with an HDMI cord already attached. Then they said, "You are one of us now". He committed shortly after.

I heard that on his official visit to Rutgers, his host asked him if he needed anything. He jokingly said a TV. The host made a text and a half hour later, a few teammates handed him a new 55 inch flat screen with an HDMI cord already attached. Then they said, "You are one of us now". He committed shortly after.
is this a joke

Would love to see us get back in on Patrice. I always wanted him and we'd be smart to build a pipeline into Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom