Class of 2021 - DB Tyreek Chappell (PA) Staying at Texas A&M | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Tyreek Chappell (PA) Staying at Texas A&M

Duce is not going to any school where he is not the starter. If SU gets Harris and Chappel he will not even be offered
If we're playing 5 defensive backs as our base defense, we can definitely have three cover corners as "starters." Even if a third safety is out there most of the time, the "starters" can be the elite cover corners who are so hard to recruit, because it's so important to them to be a "starter."

I remember a conversation I had with a football player at my school, I played hockey and he asked me if I started... I explained I was on the power play, the penalty kill unit, and I rotated through the first two lines. (I was all league that season)

The football player's response: "So you're on special teams."

Face palm.

Starting really matters to these kids, but the coaches can work with that if they want a kid.

Don't need to be connected to realize that Duce is not as good as players being brought in.
You said: "If SU gets Harris and Chappel he will not even be offered." Unless you are connected to the staff beyond what your posting history suggests, definitive statements like this are opinions and not statements of fact at this point in time.

You said: "If SU gets Harris and Chappel he will not even be offered." Unless you are connected to the staff beyond what your posting history suggests, definitive statements like this are opinions and not statements of fact at this point in time.
Never said it was a fact but you can read into it as you wish. That seems to be very important to you.

Last edited:
Never said it was a fact but you can read into it as you wish. That seems to be very important to you.
There's plenty of reasons for Duce to want to come back to cuse. Starting position or not. I'm sure there will be some options for him but he's not exactly holding all the cards after the year he's had compared to when he left Syracuse. This is also a new era of Syracuse and Fran will try to stack as much talent/depth as possible at every position. If he's a good salesman (recruiter) then maybe he convinces him to buy into that. That's if Fran even decides to pursue.

Never say never, but highly unlikely that Barron would play SS. Look up the "Star" position in Georgia's defense. That's my guess for Barron's skill set.
Interesting. Was kinda thinking Duce could play that too. But maybe he’s more the backside safety

Which is why we’re chasing all this defensive line beef!
We’re a few (Very important) pieces to having an amazing defense on paper. Obviously corner is a huge concern, but with the lack of moves I have a feeling Fran must have something up his sleeve. Right now we’re as thin as you can get with basically Bellamy who is ehh and probably Barnes. Adding some high end talent, that preferably has some experience is imperative. Also, the need for beef on the interior DL is the other spot of need. Another area we are paper thin. It seems we have more irons in the fire at corner as we do at DT. I liked Ingraham, and he has the size needed for this defense. Otherwise we are drawing dead at the current state. Definitely need more beef.

We’re a few (Very important) pieces to having an amazing defense on paper. Obviously corner is a huge concern, but with the lack of moves I have a feeling Fran must have something up his sleeve. Right now we’re as thin as you can get with basically Bellamy who is ehh and probably Barnes. Adding some high end talent, that preferably has some experience is imperative. Also, the need for beef on the interior DL is the other spot of need. Another area we are paper thin. It seems we have more irons in the fire at corner as we do at DT. I liked Ingraham, and he has the size needed for this defense. Otherwise we are drawing dead at the current state. Definitely need more beef.
The NM St DT transfer visiting looks pretty nice. So does the JUCO we offered too.

Never say never, but highly unlikely that Barron would play SS. Look up the "Star" position in Georgia's defense. That's my guess for Barron's skill set.
Looked it up. Very demanding. The clip I saw (the film guy) stated 4 requirements: 1) cover skills; 2) play zone (and read the QB); 3) run support; and 4) rush the passer. Barron has shown the capability to do all four (basically a 'super nickel'). Obviously, covering TE's in the slot on one play and a jack rabbit (in a cornfield) on the next is a tall order even for a talented player, but if ER is going to run a Georgia-style 4-2-5 I would think Barron would be a star candidate.

Last edited:
Looked it up. Very demanding. The clip I saw (the film guy) stated 4 requirements: 1) cover skills; 2) play zone (and read the QB); 3) run support; and 4) rush the passer. Barron has shown the capability to do all four (basically a 'super nickel'). Obviously, covering TE's in the slot on one play and a jack rabbit (in a cornfield) on the next is a tall order even for a talented player, but if ER is going to run a Georgia-style 4-2-5 I would think Barron would be a star candidate.
Well said. I like the "super nickel" term you used. A true corner can come at that position as well. Depending the situation and what the DC is trying to accomplish.

Something happen to the visit, did we have the wrong dates, or is Mike's list wrong?
Screenshot_20240105_075321_X.jpg

That would be disappointing. We need cb help bad. If no Tyreek or Harris then I'm surprised our name hasn't popped up with others in the portal by now.

Hey no news is good news. He has not committed anywhere else yet. Let's give this some time. Maybe we get him up for a visit, maybe we don't. Again plenty of time here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom