DC's Recruitment: Newest by Evan Daniels | Syracusefan.com

DC's Recruitment: Newest by Evan Daniels

arbitragegls

All Conference
Scout. com's Evan Daniels has this to say about DC2...maybe we are getting close:

"This weekend DaJuan Coleman is scheduled to make his official visit to Ohio State. The big man has stayed quiet since his trip to Kentucky, but word is it did go well. Still most close to the situation feel at the end of the day he is going to be very tough to get away from Syracuse. Now with that said, there is nothing guaranteeing he will end up in Orange, and the timing of things has made it tough to justify the confidence in Syracuse, but still most of the intelligence coming in indicates that Syracuse has the best chance. It is possible things could move quickly following the Ohio State visit, but things are somewhat tough to pin down with Coleman right now.
"

If we grab him, this will be another case of the stacked getting stackeder.

Without implying any sort of value judgment, the Ohio State Campus is so different from SU... it's basically a small city. It has a totally different "feel" to it.
I can't comment on the Buckeye program or facilities, but I can't imagine the latter can match the Melo Center and dome..

Without implying any sort of value judgment, the Ohio State Campus is so different from SU... it's basically a small city. It has a totally different "feel" to it.
I can't comment on the Buckeye program or facilities, but I can't imagine the latter can match the Melo Center and dome..
Agree. I have been on Da Ohio State University campus many times. It could take a whole day to walk from one class to another. It does not have a campus feel to it.

My closest friend's stepson plays football for Ohio State. He was very highly recruited, by other prominent, first-tier programs. From what i've heard, the Ohio State facilities (for football) are phenomenal. I can't believe they would be significantly less impressive for the hoops program. Sorry. The Melo Center may be first-rate, but i don't think OSU will lose the battle on that basis alone.

I think it ultimately comes down to one thing and one thing only: Does he want to stay in his hometown for college. I know a lot of us went away to school, but in all of our cases, it is so much different. None of us were top prospects who had a chance to play for a top five program in our backyard for a Hall of Fame coach who recently successfully recruited two legacy players.

Now trust me when I say I am not going anywhere near that Coleman is a legacy player, but bottom line is he has been around the program so much growing up, you might as well say that he was always part of the Syracuse family. Push comes to shove, I think he stays home.

I think the fact he plans to announce in early November is encouraging. Locals will be packing the gyms at his JD games this summer either way, so whether he has a pro-DC or anti-DC crowd depends on his decision - before his HS season starts.

My closest friend's stepson plays football for Ohio State. He was very highly recruited, by other prominent, first-tier programs. From what i've heard, the Ohio State facilities (for football) are phenomenal. I can't believe they would be significantly less impressive for the hoops program. Sorry. The Melo Center may be first-rate, but i don't think OSU will lose the battle on that basis alone.

Ohio State's facilities are definitely top-notch. The thing working against them right now is lack of a dedicated practice facility (they currently use an auxiliary facility connected to the main arena but they have to share it with the women's program). They did just finish their funding on a new building, though, that will be a state-of-the-art extension behind the arena which will have a few gyms, weight rooms, coaches' offices and areas for study tables.

Their campus, as someone said, is definitely best described as a city within a city. The campus area alone is listed as being over 3 square miles, but the dorms, apartments, businesses, frat houses, etc., covers a much larger area.

...Ohio State...weather in Ohio...after spending time in Cincy I can tell you that Columbus Ohio weather does not compare to 'Cuse...it is greyer, colder, less snow...and much more humid in summer...and since there are few trees and no hills...you miss out on the Fall Foilage...so...DC2...facilities, weather, and being a home boy...you gotta pick 'Cuse

Comparing the Ohio State football program to the Ohio State basketball program is like comparing Scarlett Johansson to Rosie O'Donnell.

Yeah that's not really true at all.

I think it ultimately comes down to one thing and one thing only: Does he want to stay in his hometown for college. I know a lot of us went away to school, but in all of our cases, it is so much different. None of us were top prospects who had a chance to play for a top five program in our backyard for a Hall of Fame coach who recently successfully recruited two legacy players.

Now trust me when I say I am not going anywhere near that Coleman is a legacy player, but bottom line is he has been around the program so much growing up, you might as well say that he was always part of the Syracuse family. Push comes to shove, I think he stays home.
Freshman Year he wanted to go to North Carolina

...Ohio State...weather in Ohio...after spending time in Cincy I can tell you that Columbus Ohio weather does not compare to 'Cuse...it is greyer, colder, less snow...and much more humid in summer...and since there are few trees and no hills...you miss out on the Fall Foilage...so...DC2...facilities, weather, and being a home boy...you gotta pick 'Cuse
Oh, man.
I 'did time' in Ohio. Granted, it wasn't Columbus. But, NE Ohio. On the 'snow belt.'

When i applied to SU, i figured, 'hey- i'm used to snow and cold weather.' No, sir. Syracuse is a whole 'nother planet with regard to weather. Ohio was a walk in the park. And, as for a less humid summer... The difference is negligible and how much time do they spend on-campus over the actual humid part of the summer?

DC: pick Syracuse because it's the right thing to do. Ohio is a horrible place to live. Worst years of my life. Honestly. Just from a sociological aspect- you don't want to go to the south or midwest.

If he goes to Ohio St or Kentucky he might well meet us at the dance, where he will get booed. Wonder if he cares or even thought about it.

Kentucky seems to get who they want. Hope they don't want Noels.

If he goes to Ohio St or Kentucky he might well meet us at the dance, where he will get booed. Wonder if he cares or even thought about it.

Kentucky seems to get who they want. Hope they don't want Noels.
Yes, they do ... they want everybody that has 5 stars after their name ... and figure that they deserve him. And if they don't get him they figure he was only a 4 star anyway.

IMO Kentucky is on the outside looking in on DC2 ... its between us and OSU. Sullinger has really been doing a push on DC2 to come to OSU and replace him when he goes to the NCAA next year

Wait a sec...you're trying to sell someone on the weather in Syracuse? HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Oh, wait...you were serious...?

The good news is that OSU is still pushing very hard for Tony Parker (6'9" very big man and I believe higher rated than DC2) and he has OSU very high on his list ... one that does not have Kentucky on it and so therefore he must not be a true 5 star player and not very good anyway ... Also on his list: UCLA, Memphis, Duke, and G'Town ... I think he is an OSU lean.

I almost lost a car in Ohio once ... and had a serious breakdown with another ... in Ohio.

P.S. before the comments the car had a serious breakdown not me ... altho since I was in Ohio it could have gone either way.