Class of 2019 - DE Adisa Isaac (NY) Committed to Penn St | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE Adisa Isaac (NY) Committed to Penn St

Status
Not open for further replies.
NY kids,no matter how talented, are usually raw and need coaching.They go to these factories where it's much easier to recruit over them than to put the time and effort into maximizing their potential.They need to stay home for their own best interest.They will get the help they need here.

I think there is some validity in your statement. I see the opinion pretty commonly when raised that EO or Ishaq wouldn't have done better here because they didn't do much at Clemson or ND and I completely disagree with that assessment.

Going to a factory school - there's a TON of pressure on these kids. If they're raw and take time to develop, they will get recruited over repeatedly. Although that CAN happen here, it's not likely to be so extreme. Good example is Custis - physically that guy is a freak, coaches drool over a HS player with his measurables and speed. If he went to a factory, he may have never seen the field or more than likely would have transferred down a level.

I think at a school like Syracuse we have the luxury of being more patient, if you want to call it that, and it absolutely is a reality and shouldn't be blown off as orange colored glasses or sour grapes, or whatever the know-it-alls want to qualify it as.

WOW - great speed and motor. Looks like a man amongst boys - literally.

Gets there in a hurry, and with very bad intentions.
Seemed like 1/3 of the time he knocked the ball loose.

He could probably crack the 2-deep right away, and possibly be a starter as a Soph.

WOW - great speed and motor. Looks like a man amongst boys - literally.

Gets there in a hurry, and with very bad intentions.
Seemed like 1/3 of the time he knocked the ball loose.

He could probably crack the 2-deep right away, and possibly be a starter as a Soph.
Just took a look at his stats...yeah, he is a man amongst boys. He killed my former high school too. Surprised at their record considering they have another 4 star on their team, which is a lot of talent for PSAL football.

So no word yet on the OV date? We play Georgetown on the Sat the 8th. Great opportunity to see the Dome rockin'.
Maybe get an "Adisa is a ______" chant going. Fill in the blank

Just took a look at his stats...yeah, he is a man amongst boys. He killed my former high school too. Surprised at their record considering they have another 4 star on their team, which is a lot of talent for PSAL football.

What’s your former high school?

So no word yet on the OV date? We play Georgetown on the Sat the 8th. Great opportunity to see the Dome rockin'.
Maybe get an "Adisa is a ______" chant going. Fill in the blank

I believe it's the weekend of the 14th. Which would be huge, since hte early signing date is just a few days later.

It didn't become faith based and I never said it did. I should've ignored your first reply to begin with since you were so far off base with what I originally said.

Simply put you can either choose to be pessimistic or positive. Nothing more nothing less.
Those aren't the only two options. I'm neither one of those. Let's not pit posters against each other using just those two buckets. All SU fans are welcome no matter how you see things.

I believe it's the weekend of the 14th. Which would be huge, since hte early signing date is just a few days later.

the date has not been set, might be next weekend, but could end up being the weekend after.

ahhh, cool. I had thought it was set. Either weekend has it's advantage, and it's a big win just to get that last OV.

So without reading 15 pages its down to SU, Penn State, Texas A&M, and Miami.
And smart money has it Penn State in the lead and Syracuse second with last at-bat?

And smart money has it Penn State in the lead and Syracuse second with last at-bat?

Something like that.
Not 100% sure we're 2nd, but we were not even in his finalists until VERY recently, so that's a huge improvement.

Is Isaac priority over stripling at A&M or do these recruitments not effect eachother

The only caveat from my perspective is that he could have pulled the trigger on any of those schools up until now. We seemingly weren't in it, and now we are -- which might suggest that we're in the driver's seat.

Having a successful season may have opened this kid's eyes, in conjunction with us landing some other highly rated recruits recently.

Swag Daddy is doing incredible things for this program. Dude is a blazing gun on the recruiting trail. Might be another surprise in this cycle besides Adisa.

umm, not asking you to name names like Elaine did on Seinfeld, but do you know of a specific surprise recruit?

Swag Daddy is doing incredible things for this program. Dude is a blazing gun on the recruiting trail. Might be another surprise in this cycle besides Adisa.

His nickname is money. Dude IS the Swag DADDY. :cool:

And given the massive improvements by our secondary of late, apparently he's also pretty good at his day job too. ;)

He's everything McF-it was supposed to be, and wasn't.

Interesting note from that article that I wasn't aware of: Isaac plans to enroll for spring semester.

So having this final visit / last chance impression might be HUUUUUGE...

add in that our visit is schedule 5 days before his planned commit day

add in that our visit is schedule 5 days before his planned commit day
Love that part, but wish we had him the week before. Bunch of recruits to bond with (Like Jones and Kpogba did) and SU/G-Town in the house. Will be interesting to see who his host is. Betting Trill or one of our starting D-Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom