Class of 2015 - DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI

Wow, this kid has made a long journey to get his offer restored - and now what? Syracuse.com article says he hasn't heard from SU's new staff and he was going to be a January enrollee.

Wow, this kid has made a long journey to get his offer restored - and now what? Syracuse.com article says he hasn't heard from SU's new staff and he was going to be a January enrollee.
Do we know if he signed his paperwork for January enrollment? If he did the school can not back out of it.

Feel bad for this kid, he's been led on for like a year and a half. Hope he lands somewhere where he'll play right away.

I'll be honest. I kind of forgot about this kid. I had assumed he, or the staff had already moved on. I can't say as this comes as a surprise at all, other than that it took this long. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Feel bad for this kid, he's been led on for like a year and a half. Hope he lands somewhere where he'll play right away.

He wasn't led on. He had a bad foot injury that caused him not to play for a year and then his doctors didn't release him to play right away. The old staff told him they would have to see him play last season before honoring his commitment. After he proved he was still able to play his commitment was honored by the old staff. Unfortunately the new staff doesn't think he fits their system.

He wasn't led on. He had a bad foot injury that caused him not to play for a year and then his doctors didn't release him to play right away. The old staff told him they would have to see him play last season before honoring his commitment. After he proved he was still able to play his commitment was honored by the old staff. Unfortunately the new staff doesn't think he fits their system.
I don't mean that he was led on in an intentional fashion, only that I feel bad that he was a victim of a series of poor circumstances. It seems his recruitment has been "maybe you can come, maybe you can come, maybe you can come, sorry."

I don't mean that he was led on in an intentional fashion, only that I feel bad that he was a victim of a series of poor circumstances. It seems his recruitment has been "maybe you can come, maybe you can come, maybe you can come, sorry."
I think the only bad circumstance to befall him was a bad injury. He is lucky it wasn't a career ending one. He still has an opportunity to be recruited elsewhere and earn a free college education.

I agree, I feel for the kid and really hope he finds a scholarship somewhere.

They better get some alternatives who do fit their system because we are really thin at DE, period.
Agreed we need DE help ASAP but I don't think Ginnetti was the solution there

The problem is the DEs we're bringing in and are recruiting probably won't be able to contribute this year because they're undersized.

Fully developed DEs with speed and skills are pretty coveted.

well we'll be sorry if he impacts at BC but i dont think he moves the needle.

If I had to guess, I would bet his future at SU had he come here would have been at DT and he would need to put on a lot of weight to 2 that. Probably 2 years minimum before he saw the field in a meaningful capacity.