Class of 2015 - DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI

I think the only bad circumstance to befall him was a bad injury. He is lucky it wasn't a career ending one. He still has an opportunity to be recruited elsewhere and earn a free college education.
Love to see him end up at Colgate.

Brandon Ginnetti isn't exactly hiding his intentions.

The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Cheshire Academy prospect committed to Syracuse coming out of the Class of 2015, but prepped for a year in Connecticut and is looking at another Signing Day, and one that should have a greater impact on his long-term future.

If a couple of things go well early this week then Ginnetti plans to add his name to the Eagles' commitment list and would plan to sign with BC in February.

He took an official visit to Boston College over the weekend.

"I liked the school," Ginnetti told EagleAction.com. "I did an unofficial visit there my junior year and then I just took my official visit. It's definitely a good school. I enjoyed the kids. I enjoyed the recruits. I think I got along well with everybody and I really liked the coaching staff."

Ginnetti said he's spent the last year getting bigger, stronger and faster, and he said the BC coaches have a good plan for him.

"Next year their main formation is going to be a pro-style offense with a two-back (set)," he said. "That's why they want a fullback. It's what they're going to. They like me as a fullback/tight end kind of player."

On his official visit Ginnetti spoke at length with Frank Leonard, his recruiter, and he liked the plan that the BC assistant laid out for him.

There are just a couple of hoops that Ginnetti has to jump through.

"I actually broke my foot about a year ago," Ginnetti said. "And all I have to do is go get a new X-Ray (on Monday) so their doctor can see it and so the coach can see it. They just want to clarify that. My admissions will let them know tomorrow that I'm in good graces. Once that happens I believe I'm going to be committing to them."

Brandon Ginnetti isn't exactly hiding his intentions.

The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Cheshire Academy prospect committed to Syracuse coming out of the Class of 2015, but prepped for a year in Connecticut and is looking at another Signing Day, and one that should have a greater impact on his long-term future.

If a couple of things go well early this week then Ginnetti plans to add his name to the Eagles' commitment list and would plan to sign with BC in February.

He took an official visit to Boston College over the weekend.

"I liked the school," Ginnetti told EagleAction.com. "I did an unofficial visit there my junior year and then I just took my official visit. It's definitely a good school. I enjoyed the kids. I enjoyed the recruits. I think I got along well with everybody and I really liked the coaching staff."

Ginnetti said he's spent the last year getting bigger, stronger and faster, and he said the BC coaches have a good plan for him.

"Next year their main formation is going to be a pro-style offense with a two-back (set)," he said. "That's why they want a fullback. It's what they're going to. They like me as a fullback/tight end kind of player."

On his official visit Ginnetti spoke at length with Frank Leonard, his recruiter, and he liked the plan that the BC assistant laid out for him.

There are just a couple of hoops that Ginnetti has to jump through.

"I actually broke my foot about a year ago," Ginnetti said. "And all I have to do is go get a new X-Ray (on Monday) so their doctor can see it and so the coach can see it. They just want to clarify that. My admissions will let them know tomorrow that I'm in good graces. Once that happens I believe I'm going to be committing to them."
Good luck to him. I hope he gets a shot a BC. The kid has gone through a lot of adversity and deserves a good break.

Holy cow. More than half the class Shafer put together was non-qualifiers or low D1/DII bound.

Glad he was able to find something. Long strange trip.

Committed, injured, told to wait, told he can come, told he wouldn't play, BC interest, RI commit.

NJ WR Gene Coleman signed with Rhody too. I remember the old staff being high on him at one point and was hoping to get a commitment from him.

money3189 said:
NJ WR Gene Coleman signed with Rhody too. I remember the old staff being high on him at one point and was hoping to get a commitment from him.

Scary thing is this last class wasn't the only one with a whole lot of reaches. His first 3 classes were littered with them. Wonder what Babers thinks about the talent level?

Scary thing is this last class wasn't the only one with a whole lot of reaches. His first 3 classes were littered with them. Wonder what Babers thinks about the talent level?
You and I were among the biggest I don't think the prior HC was a great recruiter critics on this board. While he was a good man and likable recruiting was not a strength. The 2014 class looks good but the others weren't exactly stock piled.
Coach Babers did incredible in his month and half putting a class together.
Babers probably realizes he has some talent to work with like Marrone did from Gerg but he needs multiple classes to get his type of players into the program.

Alsacs said:
You and I were among the biggest I don't think the prior HC was a great recruiter critics on this board. While he was a good man and likable recruiting was not a strength. The 2014 class looks good but the others weren't exactly stock piled. Coach Babers did incredible in his month and half putting a class together. Babers probably realizes he has some talent to work with like Marrone did from Gerg but he needs multiple classes to get his type of players into the program.

Shafer was slightly better than Marrone and Robinson - but it should have been due to the ACC affiliation, upgrades, etc.

I think, based on how quick we pulled in a better class than all of the others - the Babers staff is exactly what we need. That and wins ;)

Good luck to Brandon at URI. Seems like a good young man, I hope he does well there. Perhaps he will return to the Carrier Dome as a Ram in a couple of years.

Stranger things have happened.