Class of 2022 - DE Francois Nolton Jr (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/15/22) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DE Francois Nolton Jr (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/15/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolton recently played in the All-American Bowl, which is an annual all-star game for some of the top high school seniors in the country. To give you an idea of what kind of game this is, previous participants include Trevor Lawrence, Jaylen Waddle, OBJ, Zeke Elliott, Jalen Ramsey, Keenan Allen, Patrick Peterson, Nick Chubb, Quenton Nelson, Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Stefon Diggs, etc.

Nolton recently played in the All-American Bowl, which is an annual all-star game for some of the top high school seniors in the country. To give you an idea of what kind of game this is, previous participants include Trevor Lawrence, Jaylen Waddle, OBJ, Zeke Elliott, Jalen Ramsey, Keenan Allen, Patrick Peterson, Nick Chubb, Quenton Nelson, Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Stefon Diggs, etc.
It used to be the US Army All American bowl, so he would be our first high school commit to ever play in the bowl.

Kid has a lot of similarities (build wise) as Chandler Jones, when he came in.
I was thinking more about the similarities to Dwight Freeney.

Francois has what all pass rushers need - Speed, wonder what his 40YD dash is? With coaching from coach White they can develop moves that will make him even more effective. Spin moves, to get to the QB faster and a lot more. we haven't had a DE like this, with talent like this in some time. Compering him to Freeney may be a bit unfair at this point but will give him if he's reading this board abar that is very high but attainable if he works his butt off.

Freeney Stats:
Freeney finished his college career with 104 tackles (68 unassisted), 34 quarterback sacks, 51 tackles for a loss, and 43 quarterback pressures. He was a first-team All-Big East selection in 2000 and 2001, and was recognized as a unanimous first-team All - American following his senior season in 2001.

While attending Syracuse at a then 6'1" 255-pounds, Freeney was clocked at 4.40 seconds during his 40-yard dash, and recorded 40-inch vertical jump. His 40-yard time remains among the fastest ever recorded for a defensive lineman.

The stats above are amazing for a DE. We are talking HOF stats.

However, Francois may have an advantage - he's taller at 6'4 and 240 giving him a better view of the backfield and where the QB is. Develop his strength and he has the ability to become a very good player. We've got a good one here. Wishing him the best and a great career at SU. Hope he stays after practice everyday and puts in the extra work required to better himself and our team.

It used to be the US Army All American bowl, so he would be our first high school commit to ever play in the bowl.
Pretty sure Wayne Morgan played in the bowl in 2011.

Edit: Wayne played in the Semper Fidelis All American Bowl.

Pretty sure Wayne Morgan played in the bowl in 2011.

Edit: Wayne played in the Semper Fidelis All American Bowl.
He didn’t. We’ve had a few Semper Fi AA’s and a few UA AA’s amongst other bowls. Paulus played in the Army AA bowl but he came in as a grad transfer so it doesn’t count.

Tyrone Sampson would have been the 1st but he couldn’t behave himself.

CALEB OKECHUKWU played in the Under Armour AllAmerican game but I think Tep is correct. This is our first Army AA kid. Did the kicker Krautman play in the game?

CALEB OKECHUKWU played in the Under Armour AllAmerican game but I think Tep is correct. This is our first Army AA kid. Did the kicker Krautman play in the game?
Nope. We were close on a couple of kids in the 2002 class (Shadu Moore I remember specifically) and had a few other visit here or there but largely after that class we could barely sniff an Army AA kid until Tyrone Sampson.

I thought DeVito played in this game.

Greg Paulus, played in 2005, but obviously was not a high school commit.

I love this commit. Can not wait for our new Offensive Coaches to start bringing in these caliber guys on that side of the ball. The defensive commits have been very impressive over Dino's time here. Oh yeah also I am all in on Tony White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom