Class of 2022 - DE Francois Nolton Jr (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/15/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DE Francois Nolton Jr (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/15/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Huddle he is listed as 6’5 252. If true thats pretty good size coming in.

This could be Chris Bleich Part II. In both cases, we were the first offer and the player came to us after previously committing to Florida (with the obvious difference that Bleich actually went and played at Florida). Bleich has been very happy here. Hopefully, Nolton follows his path.

Has anyone watched his film yet?

Put in about 10 mins watching his film, and I’m unsure what season(s) I was watching so take this with a grain of salt.

Positives:
- Big and long frame, with plenty of room to fill out.
- Looked like one of the most explosive athletes out there, even though he’s playing in one of the most athletic leagues in the country
- Seems like he has pretty solid technique and fundamentals for his age/ experience.
- Keeps his eyes upfield, shuffles and scrapes when it seems it’s his responsibility, and uses his hands early and often
- Seems like he could have just used speed and strength to win, but he still leveraged technique

Opportunities for improvement:
- Got pretty high out of his stance sometimes. Playing in the 3-3-5, that mistake might get exposed more than being a 4-3 end
- Unsure how recent the film I saw was, but that didn’t seem like a thick enough lineman to play in the 3-3-5 and have to take on occasional double teams

Overall the kid looks like a stud and a prototypical 4-3 WDE. With a little more size, he could play multiple spots in our front.

kid had 28 tackles for loss and 25 sacks this year, wild numbers. Not sure of the competition, I know it's South Florida, but it looks like a smaller high school? That's all I got.

Put in about 10 mins watching his film, and I’m unsure what season(s) I was watching so take this with a grain of salt.

Positives:
- Big and long frame, with plenty of room to fill out.
- Looked like one of the most explosive athletes out there, even though he’s playing in one of the most athletic leagues in the country
- Seems like he has pretty solid technique and fundamentals for his age/ experience.
- Keeps his eyes upfield, shuffles and scrapes when it seems it’s his responsibility, and uses his hands early and often
- Seems like he could have just used speed and strength to win, but he still leveraged technique

Opportunities for improvement:
- Got pretty high out of his stance sometimes. Playing in the 3-3-5, that mistake might get exposed more than being a 4-3 end
- Unsure how recent the film I saw was, but that didn’t seem like a thick enough lineman to play in the 3-3-5 and have to take on occasional double teams

Overall the kid looks like a stud and a prototypical 4-3 WDE. With a little more size, he could play multiple spots in our front.
Appreciate your thoughts. Sounds like he would be good for the weak side end spot.

Getting him on campus with those offers is a huge win IMO

Other players definitely take note of where others are visiting

Don’t know much about him but seems like he would be a great get

What we are building on defense here at Syracuse is tremendous

Is this a David Oku situation where he's just coming as a favor to someone? Is this a Napier isn't interested / he's not interested in playing for Napier?

Is this a David Oku situation where he's just coming as a favor to someone? Is this a Napier isn't interested / he's not interested in playing for Napier?

Napier lost half the class and is down to 7 kids pre signing day. This kid was tight with the DLine coach who was let go. Looks like he’ll also be checking out Oklahoma and Louisville with Miami maybe being in there to. Nolton is a long way from signing here... though maybe a lock considering he was a 4* kid at one point and his rating dropped ;-) Wonder how he’s doing at AA practices.

FYI everything I see says he’s 225.

Last edited:
There's a new article up at 247. I dont have a sub.

Says he's committing sometime in January. Didn't say a top 3, but said I'm looking at Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt. But then mentions that Oklahoma is getting in the mix and he might go visit there toward the end of the month.

His positive about Syracuse is that he'd love to play with Mikel Jones, who he trains with.

He is listed as visiting SU on 1/14/22.

Can anyone confirm if the visit is still scheduled?

Thx

It's going to be 6 degrees on Saturday. Perfect weather for a Florida kid. He's ours.
Oh sure, they just love it when it's below 60...
haha

scared season 1 GIF by The White Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online