Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

And most definitely Jerron Nelson, Kendall Coleman, Jacquan Nelson, Josh Black, Josh While, and Jaamal Holloway... Thats Wow we found defensive ends

Too bad. He and his parents seemed to be into Cuse for awhile.

Its definitely a tough situation for sure. The nice guys finishing last thing is more true in college football than anything else. Saban, Urban and Harbaugh seem to just be brutal monsters and that's probably what it takes to reach their level.

Rutgirls likes him he may end up there. Close to home, P5 scholarship. Yeah it's RU but he will end up ok. All the best to him

Did he officially decide not to sign?

Or is this just more board paranoia? Sometimes I wonder if this board makes it a easy decision for these kids families.

Did he officially decide not to sign?

Or is this just more board paranoia? Sometimes I wonder if this board makes it a easy decision for these kids families.
I know that as of yesterday he was still committed to SU. However today Skowt is no longer showing him on the committed list.

I believe academics are an issue and have been for a while...

I have heard a different account that he is still committed. :noidea:

I really hope he's still on board for Cuse. Seemed solidly committed and was a player at a position of need with multiple P5 offers. From the beginning of the coaching change, I was hoping we'd hold onto 5 players:
Neal
Heckle
Scott
Brinson
Holloway

We were in great shape to do so, and it is slowly dwindling

Honestly I am questioning Babers recruiting a bit. We are losing some decent players but I am not seeing equal or better back fills taking their place. Hope he turns it up a notch for 2017 recruiting class...

Who have we lost that has gone to a comparable or better program?
Looks like Scott will be the only one. Looks like Holloway will end up at Rutgirls or Temple.

I think the DE's we're looking at are an upgrade. I liked the fact that Holloway was from NJ more than him as a prospect. Great kid, I hope he does well.
I agree. As much as I like Holloway being from NJ. He was still a developmental player. He has alot of bulking up to do and he needs to refine his tackling technique. I love his raw athletic abilities. ALot of upside with him but we are in a position where we need DE's that can play now.

I agree. As much as I like Holloway being from NJ. He was still a developmental player. He has alot of bulking up to do and he needs to refine his tackling technique. I love his raw athletic abilities. ALot of upside with him but we are in a position where we need DE's that can play now.
The picture of J. black holding the Heisman today is revealing. Kid is jacked!

Playing his final year of basketball was most likely going to put him behind the curve in terms of bulking up, too. Being so thin at DE depth, we need freshman to step up sooner.

Out of the 6, Jerron Nelson, Kendall Coleman, Jacquan Nelson, Josh Black, Josh While, and Holloway, and if you had to pick 4 "only", which 4 would you choose?

My order would probably be something like

Nelson
Nelson
Coleman
White
Black
Beesley / Holloway

Out of the 6, Jerron Nelson, Kendall Coleman, Jacquan Nelson, Josh Black, Josh While, and Holloway, and if you had to pick 4 "only", which 4 would you choose?
My order
1 Jacquan Nelson
2 Josh Black
3 Kendall Coleman
4 Beesley- but you didnt list him so I will go with the other Nelson

Nelson
Nelson
Holloway
Coleman or Black

I know Holloway will need to redshirt but his athletic ability is much higher than the rest of these kids.

I know Shep will have to sit a couple games but when he was on the field last year he showed a lot. He will have one the DE spots locked up.