Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

The more I see, the more I know I'm lost when it comes to evaluating recruits. Holloway seemed to me like a great player & recruit. I guess he isn't big enough to be a lineman in our new defense and am glad coach Babers is able to upgrade talent, but I'm sad it's not going to work out. Fare well, Mr. Holloway...

Academics. Love the way the fam handled it though. Will be a fan

What a classy family! Very easy not to take the high road in a situation like that but very impressed with how they handled it. I'll definitely be cheering for Jamal regardless of where he ends up.

Talk about class:

"They are going in another direction, especially with the defensive ends that they have committing," Natasha Holloway said. "Just the recruits, period, they are getting, it's awesome. We wish 'Cuse nothing but the best. The fans deserve it!"

You get a beer on me anytime I run into you Ms. Holloway.
And that is why I wanted to wait and let him make the announcement.

So no NY or Jersey recruits for probably the first time in forever.

Just an aberration, I'm sure, but pretty amazing.

Academics. Love the way the fam handled it though. Will be a fan
Another direction to me sounds like maybe he's thinking basketball. He's already had an official visit with the new coaches and they were pretty adamant about seeing the transcripts before they brought people in. Not sure he would have grown into a defensive end and after seeing the guys who committed in the last week, maybe he realizes that himself.

Noexcuse said:
Another direction to me sounds like maybe he's thinking basketball. He's already had an official visit with the new coaches and they were pretty adamant about seeing the transcripts before they brought people in. Not sure he would have grown into a defensive end and after seeing the guys who committed in the last week, maybe he realizes that himself.

It's SU that's going in another direction.

Holloway should still be able to land a Division 1 football scholarship.

But at 6-4, he's probably no better than a low mid major basketball recruit.

That's the one thing sucks about these kids being asked to move on, is that they all seem to be high class kids with exceptional character.

Not that Babers kids aren't (I don't know enough about most of them to have opinion just yet)

So no NY or Jersey recruits for probably the first time in forever.

Just an aberration, I'm sure, but pretty amazing.
Yet the best recruiting class in years. People get too caught up on the NY and NJ thing. If this staff can keep crushing it in the midwest - who cares where the recruits live? The top 10+ guys in NJ are almost always going to go to top programs (or RU) and in NY the top few will get national attention too.

Rivals has Walton ranked #19 in Michigan. In NY he's top 3.

VirginiaOrange said:
Yet the best recruiting class in years. People get too caught up on the NY and NJ thing. If this staff can keep crushing it in the midwest - who cares where the recruits live? The top 10+ guys in NJ are almost always going to go to top programs (or RU) and in NY the top few will get national attention too. Rivals has Walton ranked #19 in Michigan. In NY he's top 3.
Just making a comment. Pretty sure it's never happened. Like you said, doesn't matter in the big picture. I'm sure they'll land some NY/NJ kids down the road.

If academics get him...I hope he can find a spot at a prep school...maybe he grows.
I was thinking the same thing prep and then go Orange, tough with the SAT cancelled, wonder if he can squeeze in an ACT depending on the scheduling.

My guess is he winds up at Temple..there's a pipeline of sorts growing in the past few years of kids from his high school and area becoming Owls and doing very well. Might be able to play a little roundball there too. But i'm curious to see if Maryland offers...and Ball St almost makes too much sense with Daoust as the DC.

My understanding is that he has to take one of the tests again first.
Then off to UMASS?! Seriously, I'd love to schedule a game against UMASS at this point. They could fill the Wagner/URI/Colgate slot.

Does Peddie even offer post graduate classes? I have former students who've gone there for high school. It's a big chunk of change too. Last time I checked, tuition was over $50,000.

Does Peddie even offer post graduate classes? I have former students who've gone there for high school. It's a big chunk of change too. Last time I checked, tuition was over $50,000.
I have the same questions. Peddie School is a pretty high brow private school of the caliber of Choate or Exeter.

9-12+postgrads