Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

Sorry , I forgot Beesley. I wonder in the end, how many DE/DL will the CUSE take.

Sorry , I forgot Beesley. I wonder in the end, how many DE/DL will the CUSE take.
Yeah probably wont be a spot for him after today, I just personally like some of the things he showed in his film.

I agree. As much as I like Holloway being from NJ. He was still a developmental player. He has alot of bulking up to do and he needs to refine his tackling technique. I love his raw athletic abilities. ALot of upside with him but we are in a position where we need DE's that can play now.

Usually, I want Syracuse recruiting kids that don't look like they are cut from granite. To me, doughy and wirey types, that have shown to be elite athletes, are what the program needs - guys that can make big jumps once in the strength and condition program as opposed to finished products.

But i agree with the general consensus here. SU is rail thin at DE (kind of a pun) and we just dont have 3-4 years to wait for a contributor at the position. Holloway is a lot like Donnie Simmons. While I am sure he will eventually be big enough, he is appears quite a way off.

I agree. As much as I like Holloway being from NJ. He was still a developmental player. He has alot of bulking up to do and he needs to refine his tackling technique. I love his raw athletic abilities. ALot of upside with him but we are in a position where we need DE's that can play now.

We need some to start right away but some of the DE's we bring in are going to RS. I think hes the type of kid you take because of potential and with the long term goal of establishing a connection with his school. The younger football players might remember any bitterness he had with the coaching staff regardless if he says anything to them directly or not. This is now two kids from that school that staff has parted ways with from Camden.

We need some to start right away but some of the DE's we bring in are going to RS. I think hes the type of kid you take because of potential and with the long term goal of establishing a connection with his school. The younger football players might remember any bitterness he had with the coaching staff regardless if he says anything to them directly or not. This is now two kids from that school that staff has parted ways with from Camden.
I don't think its official that he has been dropped or that he has decomitted.

I think they are doing a good job getting interest from the strong and weak side ends. Holloway could be a force as early as a sophmore but definitely as a junior if he can add 30 lbs or so.

Ramps?

Everything in Jersey is either an off-ramp, or a toll booth, or a rest area, or one of them jug handles... :p
ramps.jpg

Ramps.;)

So, IS Holloway still a commit, or not?

Who have we lost that has gone to a comparable or better program?

I was irritated by losing Scott, which I still think was blown by the staff. That said, after the success of this weekend, happy to be proven incorrect...

Jamal's birthday today. He's retweeting JB and Autry's visit to go see Taurean Thompson. If he's wavering he's putting on a great show.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Talk about class:

"They are going in another direction, especially with the defensive ends that they have committing," Natasha Holloway said. "Just the recruits, period, they are getting, it's awesome. We wish 'Cuse nothing but the best. The fans deserve it!"

You get a beer on me anytime I run into you Ms. Holloway.

Talk about class:

"They are going in another direction, especially with the defensive ends that they have committing," Natasha Holloway said. "Just the recruits, period, they are getting, it's awesome. We wish 'Cuse nothing but the best. The fans deserve it!"

You get a beer on me anytime I run into you Ms. Holloway.
Was thinking the same thing. Now verbal to Maine !