Class of 2017 - DE Jeffrey Gunter (SC) SIGNED TO NC State | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Jeffrey Gunter (SC) SIGNED TO NC State

Part of me wonders if their bag was bigger than ours.

Thanks. I keep bringing this up but there's hardly any discussion of it. We hear endlessly about bball players getting paid but somehow fball is immune? Doesn't make sense to me.

Wow...disappointing. The guy would have been a great addition. If he wants to play in front of family, it is what it is. Good luck to the young man. He will need it against our offense.

Hope I’m not repeating anything but, at what point would his commitment have been binding? When he actually enrolled at school?

Hope I’m not repeating anything but, at what point would his commitment have been binding? When he actually enrolled at school?

When he signs a NLI which he never did.

It’s not the size of your bag but how you use it. Is that a saying :)
62AF6005-DF9C-42AE-A4C4-A378291E01C9.gif

When he signs a NLI which he never did.
OK, but as a transfer (still enrolled at Coastal Carolina I assume), was he eligible to sign immediately or did he have to wait until the semester was over or some such timetable?
Is his committment to NCSt anything more than a verbal right now and he's still technically in play?
I get it. We lost him. But could he have signed a binding NLI when he gave his verbal, but refused to or was unable to due to NCAA rules? Didn't see anything on Google about NLI's for transfers except for JUCOs.

I don't know much about G McF-it as a person, so I am just asking: Do you think he is petty enough to still look for opportunities to stick it to SU, or is that just something said to put another face to our anger? (I mean, Doeren's face is enough to give me Tourette's, but I always thought G McF-it was more benign due to his overwhelming ineptitude).

I forgot McF-it was down there. Man, remember the whispers that he was freezing up & not calling the plays in time from the booth ??? Good times.

OK, but as a transfer (still enrolled at Coastal Carolina I assume), was he eligible to sign immediately or did he have to wait until the semester was over or some such timetable?
Is his committment to NCSt anything more than a verbal right now and he's still technically in play?
I get it. We lost him. But could he have signed a binding NLI when he gave his verbal, but refused to or was unable to due to NCAA rules? Didn't see anything on Google about NLI's for transfers except for JUCOs.
Since he was a transfer from a four program to another four year program he doesn't sign an NLI. All he would have signed would have been financial aid papers.
"Prospective student-athletes enrolling in a four-year institution for the first time can sign an NLI. Student-athletes who start their academic career at a four-year institution and then transfer to a two-year college may also sign an NLI if they plan on entering a second four-year institution."

Good on George for getting his revenge this way. Afterall, after 5+ years of never making it back to the ranks of being a real OC (not his current made up Co-Offensive Long Passing (save go routes, September games and away game) Coordinator job), I hope it brings him happiness. Bless his heart...

If we have reach into the bag for transfers from Coastal Carolina with 5 sacks, then we’re gonna need a MUCH bigger bag to keep up overall.

And Chip knows a thing or 2 about big bags!! ;)

Does he have to sit another year? Or because he never suited up for NC State he is eligible immediately?

Almost forgot about this kid.
Feel bad he made a poor choice.

Good on George for getting his revenge this way. Afterall, after 5+ years of never making it back to the ranks of being a real OC (not his current made up Co-Offensive Long Passing (save go routes, September games and away game) Coordinator job), I hope it brings him happiness. Bless his heart...
George was incidentally just demoted again. He was a horrible failure as an OC again. I think that was his last chance. I hate to wish bad things for people but sometimes karma is a real thing, isn’t it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom