DE John Stepec | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DE John Stepec

I mean, maybe he actually didn't like the guys on the team. There's no crime in that. It doesn't mean our team is unlikeable. It may just mean his personality doesn't mesh with the culture.

he visited, was told we want you, but not until we know where we stand with so and so (cough* Ogundeko * cough) and could you please be patient with us

he says I like the coaches but do not feel right about meshing with the players as his way of saving face?

The part about the contingent offer, saying he eliminated us...sorry I wasn't so clear

I mean, maybe he actually didn't like the guys on the team. There's no crime in that. It doesn't mean our team is unlikeable. It may just mean his personality doesn't mesh with the culture.

Exactly. "Water seeks its' own level".

Agreed. Not everybody is going to click or get along and such is life. But the bottom line is that Stepec doesn't have an offer he can commit to.

So while people in this thread bring up the negative visits I guess they forget about the postive ones:

Josh Manley on visiting last year:

"The highlight of my visit was the connection that other recruits and me made with the players that were already there,” Manley said. “Within the first 20-30 minutes of meeting everyone, there was no tension between anyone … it was like family right off the bat, without any hesitation.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...r-nfl-star-dexter-manley-commits-to-syracuse/

Agreed. Not everybody is going to click or get along and such is life. But the bottom line is that Stepec doesn't have an offer he can commit to.

So while people in this thread bring up the negative visits I guess they forget about the postive ones:

Josh Manley on visiting last year:

"The highlight of my visit was the connection that other recruits and me made with the players that were already there,” Manley said. “Within the first 20-30 minutes of meeting everyone, there was no tension between anyone … it was like family right off the bat, without any hesitation.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...r-nfl-star-dexter-manley-commits-to-syracuse/
agree, there have been a ton of kids that have mentioned the great family atmosphere and how they've been welcomed in by the current players - I was just trying to think of the most relevant comparison to what Stepec supposedly said and it reminded me of the excuse Brantley use last year when he flipped at the last minute

in both cases I think it's just kids trying to save face

he visited, was told we want you, but not until we know where we stand with so and so (cough* Ogundeko * cough) and could you please be patient with us

he says I like the coaches but do not feel right about meshing with the players as his way of saving face?

That would be my guess, and it's just a guess.

Toledo has bested us for two *** guys now ... TOLEDO!!!!!

Good for John he can spend the next four years playing for the Rockets. Who really cares.