Class of 2021 - DE Kechaun Bennett (CT) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Kechaun Bennett (CT) Offered

we're going to lose 95% of the time going head to head with Michigan but I'm pretty certain that lockett and morris had commitable offers. the articles written by the michigan guys never implied the offers were not committable.

fwiw even the Chicago Tribune said that Morris was offered by UM last June '19

I think all you have to do is look at it with common sense for a guy like Morris. We can all agree that at some point Michigan expressed interest and an offer. Whether it was conditional in some way at the time, who knows. After that point Michigan got a commitment from the #10 TE in the country and is going hard after #2. His final 3 schools were Syracuse, Iowa State & UCF. I don't really think you have to know anything for certain to make a reasonable guess that at the time of his commitment, Michigan was no longer an option.

Not trying to talk bad about one of our guys but I think everything is pretty spelled out.

Genuine question, is KJ Williams the only other time in recent memory we won a similar battle? Obviously that never came to fruition though.
KJ and AJ man. Was supposed to be a big time combo and all we got was 1 day of excitement. Still remember AJ coming in and throwing 2 tds to Ishmael against #1 FSU. Was about the only highlight of that whole season.

I think all you have to do is look at it with common sense for a guy like Morris. We can all agree that at some point Michigan expressed interest and an offer. Whether it was conditional in some way at the time, who knows. After that point Michigan got a commitment from the #10 TE in the country and is going hard after #2. His final 3 schools were Syracuse, Iowa State & UCF. I don't really think you have to know anything for certain to make a reasonable guess that at the time of his commitment, Michigan was no longer an option.

Not trying to talk bad about one of our guys but I think everything is pretty spelled out.

and I think the point is that Michigan thought the kid worthy enough for their program that they gave him an offer. :confused:

Regardless of the standing at the time makes no difference. You want to land kids that other top programs either want or wanted. So is it fair to say they wanted him at one time ?

KJ and AJ man. Was supposed to be a big time combo and all we got was 1 day of excitement. Still remember AJ coming in and throwing 2 tds to Ishmael against #1 FSU. Was about the only highlight of that whole season.
A lot of people choose to remember the prior staff for Dungey, Erv, Ish, Zaire and Paris.

That’s fine, I have other memories though.

My party line is that the only people that truly know anything about a prospects commitment are the kid, his parents and the coaches. The rest of us are just recruiting speculators.
Agreed and everyone should understand that here. Even insider's are nothing but at best a data point at a point in time that can change on a teenagers whim and half the insiders get their info 2nd or 3rd hand. Folks need to stop getting emotional about teenagers not going to Cuse. Celebrate the ones we do get. To bad we missed, move on. When we put some back to back 9 win seasons and bowl wins together things will turn better for us with these types of recruits.

Agreed and everyone should understand that here. Even insider's are nothing but at best a data point at a point in time that can change on a teenagers whim and half the insiders get their info 2nd or 3rd hand. Folks need to stop getting emotional about teenagers not going to Cuse. Celebrate the ones we do get. To bad we missed, move on. When we put some back to back 9 win seasons and bowl wins together things will turn better for us with these types of recruits.
But to have those back to back 9 win seasons you have to have the horses to do so...it's all a vicious circle.

But to have those back to back 9 win seasons you have to have the horses to do so...it's all a vicious circle.
Not really. Schedule Easy, win the coinflips

It is a tough catch 22. But programs have built themselves from nothing ... so there is precedent. And Cuse has won a National Championship, and was in the thick of another one in 1987. So it's been done before; we are not in the realm of the impossible

SUPER EASY!!. Thats why we've won that amount twice since 1997 let alone back to back.
I mean have you felt the schedule has been really easy the recent years?

Last year our schedule was very soft, the ACC other than Clemson stunk. Our OOC yielded victories ... charmin soft would be a fair description of our schedule.
Depending on what ranking you look at, SU fell in and around the low 70's (average around 72) of 130 FBS teams. Roughly speaking, right around the median (actually, about 55th percentile).

Super strong? No.

Soft as Charmin? Also, no.

Depending on what ranking you look at, SU fell in and around the low 70's (average around 72) of 130 FBS teams. Roughly speaking, right around the median (actually, about 55th percentile).

Super strong? No.

How many power 5 teams were lower?

I believe Syracuse has consistently played top 35 schedules year in and year out up until the last 2 years. Someone can check my math on that

I believe Syracuse has consistently played top 35 schedules year in and year out up until the last 2 years. Someone can check my math on that

Wouldn't say top 35 year in and year out but top 50 is accurate, which for a rebuilding program is a tough schedule

This is toad level stuff. If a guy chooses us it’s because it wasn’t a *commitable* offer but if he chooses Mich it’s “what can you do?”

Thats not backed up in this case and is historically inaccurate

easier to just say “Mich has a traditionally better program that we sometimes can win recruits vs, but didn’t this time”

Super strong? No.

So bottom of the P5 ... again super soft. There is no reason that with one of the weakest P5 schedules this should even be a debate. That means there were probably 10 or more non-P5 teams with harder schedules and not playing in a P5 conference which shouldn't happen. Reinforces what I said, ACC was soft and so was our schedule.

So bottom of the P5 ... again super soft. There is no reason that with one of the weakest P5 schedules this should even be a debate. That means there were probably 10 or more non-P5 teams with harder schedules and not playing in a P5 conference which shouldn't happen. Reinforces what I said, ACC was soft and so was our schedule.
Agree to disagree. Not the hardest, but not "super soft".

This is toad level stuff. If a guy chooses us it’s because it wasn’t a *commitable* offer but if he chooses Mich it’s “what can you do?”

Thats not backed up in this case and is historically inaccurate

easier to just say “Mich has a traditionally better program that we sometimes can win recruits vs, but didn’t this time”
When a guy has an offer from a school with huge tradition and top flight academics but then has a final 3 of SU, ISU, UCF, how else do you look at it?

Or, because it's so early in the game, maybe they actually want the kid? I hate when people say stuff like this.
It’s not even that early in the game. Over double the amount of commits as is normal at this time. Yeah they want the kid sure but they sure aren’t going to stop trying to flip 5 star and high 4 kids over Bennett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom