Class of 2021 - DE Kechaun Bennett (CT) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Kechaun Bennett (CT) Offered

If you’ve never been to Ann Arbor, you need to go. One of the best college towns in the country. Top 2 public schools in the country. 100k fans. Yeah we just will never compete on that level with prospects.

and for the ones we win, they most likely don’t have a committable offer at that time.

we will get wins tho. Just needs to keep grinding

If you’ve never been to Ann Arbor, you need to go. One of the best college towns in the country. Top 2 public schools in the country. 100k fans. Yeah we just will never compete on that level with prospects.

and for the ones we win, they most likely don’t have a committable offer at that time.

Its the bricks, its all about the bricks

Nice back handed compliment to our commits. Especially as you don't know if their offers were or weren't commitable.

What...? Didn’t he just release his top 6 like... Yesterday? Think they said it was a use it or lose it type of scenario?
They had 2 Linebackers commit over the weekend so think they were running low on spots for OLB/Edge guys.

I agree, I've taken the kids to a bunch of Cuse football games in the dome and only 2 at the Big House and that was enough to turn them into primarily Michigan football fans. Thankfully they are locked in as Cuse bball fans forever thanks to being in the Dome when Gillon hit the half-courter to beat Duke.

this is the party line but I don't believe it to be true.
There are a lot of party lines (not political) on this forum, just depends which side you are looking from.

Me thinks the spots were evaporating and he had to make a move or be denied the unique brio and amazing technicolor dreamcoat that is Jim Harbaugh.
Also available in a less pungent John Harbaugh scent.
Or it could just be that Michigan is a terrific school, with a blue chip football program, and he jumped at the opportunity. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Its frustrating because we recruited him hard and had a chance to grab a elite player but this is who we are. Not sure why we have to try to find ways to discredit UMIch. We cant compete with Michigan whether they beat OSU or not .I guess it helps us feel better?

The sad thing is they will just use him for security while still trying to flip “higher rated” kids and then cut him loose if that happens s
I hope that happens.

The sad thing is they will just use him for security while still trying to flip “higher rated” kids and then cut him loose if that happens s
Love stuff like this. That is definitely a very common occurrence. Lots of 4 stars getting cut all over the place. Think Harbaugh let a Brody Hoke commit go because the kid wouldn't attend a camp for the new staff to see him. Good luck finding other examples.

so if we get a kid with a michigan offer, it wasn't really a committable michigan offer...but if we lose a kid with a michigan offer we can't compete. got it.
I'd venture to guess that despite you trying to downplay it, it's more likely than not the case in most situations. We might be able to keep one like Iffy away from them if they swoop in at the last minute. Pretty hard to beat them if there's a long runway.

so if we get a kid with a michigan offer, it wasn't really a committable michigan offer...but if we lose a kid with a michigan offer we can't compete. got it.
I think we are all happy he earned a Umich offer and we noted that offer to add value to him as a Cuse commit but any kid in the New England region that Don Brown wants, he gets. Let’s be real.

I'd venture to guess that despite you trying to downplay it, it's more likely than not the case in most situations. We might be able to keep one like Iffy away from them if they swoop in at the last minute. Pretty hard to beat them if there's a long runway.
Iffy was a actual battle and he chose us during a squeeze situation vs blue blood. That was a great win for us. Thats totally different than having a offer for over a year and being lower on their list of priorities

Last edited:

we're going to lose 95% of the time going head to head with Michigan but I'm pretty certain that lockett and morris had commitable offers. the articles written by the michigan guys never implied the offers were not committable.

fwiw even the Chicago Tribune said that Morris was offered by UM last June '19

Iffy was a actual battle and he chose us during a squeeze situation vs blue blood. That was a great win for us. Thats totally different than having a offer for over a year and being lower on their list of priorities
Genuine question, is KJ Williams the only other time in recent memory we won a similar battle? Obviously that never came to fruition though.

Genuine question, is KJ Williams the only other time in recent memory we won a similar battle? Obviously that never came to fruition though.

Kinsler

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom